ENTERBAY :Pirates of the Caribbean

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they were smart, they'd make classic Barbossa instead of Jack or anyone else from the new movie. They'd make a killing since HT doesn't seem to want to go back and do the right Barbossa.

Problem is, aren't Enterbay notoriously slow to put out anything? I guess if you want to get bigger you have to start out somwhere, but really, what's the point of getting licenses if it takes forever to put anything out. Hot Toys does it to, but at least they put out a lot from other licenses, these guys seem to promise a lot but deliver little.

i welcome it, hot toys will probably make jack sparrow.....so enterbay please make the other characters that hot toys dont =)

Yeah enterbay has become a joke. They announce they have license and its 2 years before they produce a figure. Its laughable. I guess this really isn't much of an announcement.

woah woah, guys, cool down on the Enterbay hate.

I actually posted this on the omnimusha thread but I guess I will post it here as well.

There is actually a story behind Enterbay production problems...
To put it short, the companies/factories they engaged to produce the figures, just couldnt cut it, resulting in figures being delayed & being of lesser quality compared to their bruce lee figs.

Bill blogged about the whole fiasco, how the factory actually refused to return them the moulds for the figures and churning out figures that are not according to their specifications etc etc...

Maybe I'll try to find time to translate the whole blog article on production problems, so that everyone can have a better understanding.

But guys, give Enterbay a chance, I'm sure they will get back on their feet again.

If they can actually roll out products, great, they're now taking on licenses I'm into, but just going by history with some of the more recent things, there's nothing to support getting excited right now, history suggests it'll be awhile until we see something come out of the Pirates and T2 announcement, if that's not the case, then great, I'll be right in with everyone in excitement to see the stuff.

They should go back to the trilogy and make a good Elizabeth Swann. Either in her dress from the first film or in her pirate garb. Why HT made the version they made is beyond me.

woah woah, guys, cool down on the Enterbay hate.

I actually posted this on the omnimusha thread but I guess I will post it here as well.

There is actually a story behind Enterbay production problems...
To put it short, the companies/factories they engaged to produce the figures, just couldnt cut it, resulting in figures being delayed & being of lesser quality compared to their bruce lee figs.

Bill blogged about the whole fiasco, how the factory actually refused to return them the moulds for the figures and churning out figures that are not according to their specifications etc etc...

Maybe I'll try to find time to translate the whole blog article on production problems, so that everyone can have a better understanding.

But guys, give Enterbay a chance, I'm sure they will get back on their feet again.

Well, I think EB are used to all the bashing they have been getting of late, and yes they have had problems.

But they are still here.....

I have spoken to Bill and he has told me in regards to GoD, he has sent 2 of his production staff to 'camp' at the factory to make sure things are done right.

Apparently the whole factory fiasco is not as clear cut as it seems. There is another version of the story going on out there.

Remember how many months ago EB was saying how a factory went under and all the molds and designs were lost? Apparently, the factory did not go under.

The factory severed ties with EB and are holding their molds due to non payment on EB sides. It also explains why there have been a surge of bootlegged EB BL heads lately. That factory is releasing them using EB molds to recuperate money EB owed them.

That also explains why recent EB products ain't up to par. The new factory they engaged is 'cheaper' hence lower quality.

One comment Bill made on his blog pissed a lot of HK collector. He lamented how he himself couldn't not accept the quality of his recent products yet he has no choice but to sell them anyway since the factory is refusing to take them back.

Collectors retort back by saying EB is the only 12 inch company out there with so many issues. Smaller companies like DID, Soldier Story, Playhouse, etc, etc can regularly churn out consistent product.

Overall, my own interpretation, EB got to where they are today due to their own decisions. EB has always been more expensive that HT and only recently EB prices started going down to be more competitive with HT pricing.

In doing so, lowers EB profit margin so much that in order to maintain their profits, they start doing what everyone will do, they cut costs.

Recent EB products will attest to this. The drop quality is quality is astounding. Paper thin boxes, plastic tray for the heavy stuff (HD1003, Evil Whispering Wind), no foam to protect items. They kinda just wiggle around inside the boxes.

The head paint doesn't matches body paint. The joint is a totally different colour and look ugly as hell. The materials used for the clothing are really cheap and rough.

I know some people like to say bashing EB is like the 'in' thing to do but when you look at their recent releases, you really can't blame people for doing so.

I agree about the dip in quality recently (having just gotten Demonic Wind last week), but at the same time, they are producing some characters that no one else is so it makes it hard to just stop buying them. The Storm Warriors figures are some of my favorites, production snafus and all...

Enterbay looks great but their bodies are ____. Jack Bauer broke within seconds of getting him and that was it for EB for me...I'm interested to see what he looks like but I definitely am hoping that the direct competition means lower prices for us in general.

Apparently the whole factory fiasco is not as clear cut as it seems. There is another version of the story going on out there.

Remember how many months ago EB was saying how a factory went under and all the molds and designs were lost? Apparently, the factory did not go under.

Companies/factories in China are shady. This is not the first, nor will it be the last time the factories over there 'hold onto molds due to non-payment'. Factories get paid to duplicate stuff, it's it authorized it's called "the production process", if it's not authorized it's called "a knock off".

Most of the time, when a sub-par product comes out, and people on the boards say "How come (insert company here) didn't catch this?? This is ridiculous" It's a surprise to the company too. Factories in China are shady. It's the factories who are the ones cutting corners, mostly behind the company's back.

I still blame the company. Shady or not it up to the companies to hire a person to oversee the process. It doesn't take a whole task force just one person to be there at things are going into effect, look at a product as it comes off the line and QC it directly. Passing the buck to the factories despite their standings is one of the lamest things a company can do.

20110323_94d50fe491d96cd4dc0fNJYIr1vY8AS5.jpg

Back