English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

:( I hate you. :nana: I missed the game.... Kinda glad I did of course...

Funny, we've had deep Carling Cup runs for the last three years but this year, with CL football, I'm glad you bumped us in some ways. Harry is claiming Nasri dove, any truth to that? I haven't seen the clip. (avoiding it for obvious reasons)

:( I hate you. :nana: I missed the game.... Kinda glad I did of course...

Funny, we've had deep Carling Cup runs for the last three years but this year, with CL football, I'm glad you bumped us in some ways. Harry is claiming Nasri dove, any truth to that? I haven't seen the clip. (avoiding it for obvious reasons)

Watched it live on FC+...no Nasri didn't dive. There was clear contact. Sputz kinda fell apart after they tied it up. And their goal to tie it (keane) was a clear offsides....by a country mile.

He's been on fire since pre season. He had to deliver this season tbh or he'd be out the door. Finally though were seeing his genius on a reg basis instead of here and the in the odd game. Yeah Rooney is in a slump at the mo...

He's been on fire since pre season. He had to deliver this season tbh or he'd be out the door. Finally though were seeing his genius on a reg basis instead of here and the in the odd game. Yeah Rooney is in a slump at the mo...

I found it a little curious that he's taken so long to settle into form. He's just as skilled as anyone in the entire league to be honest.... One thing though, he was never lethaly clinical around goal. He always has his fair share of sitters that somehow don't end up in the back of goal... But he also happens to be a class passer of the ball. Just more a forward than a striker I guess.

I found it a little curious that he's taken so long to settle into form. He's just as skilled as anyone in the entire league to be honest.... One thing though, he was never lethaly clinical around goal. He always has his fair share of sitters that somehow don't end up in the back of goal... But he also happens to be a class passer of the ball. Just more a forward than a striker I guess.

Yeah, I think the main issue is that he isn't a regular type of player. His style is quite unique and I think it really did take this long for the players to adapt to his style and vice versa. Utd's foundations have always been grounded in hard work and the team ethic. He came up short in those areas i think. What he's done is up his game and now we're reaping the benefits. He a genious player imo and the closest we've come to a Cantona we've had.

Oh well, as long as we beat you in league I'm happy.

We shall see. :winner:winner

50years.jpg

More speculation on Rooney's future continues with the latest suggesting he wants out and United will cash in during the January transfer window.

I reckon they should. He's been useless since the back end of last season and it's not like scoring goals has been the team's problem this season anyway, it's the number of collapses from winning positions against lesser teams that's the real concern.

Also following Rooney out the door should be Carrick, Ferdinand, Neville, Evans, Owen & Kusczak.

With Giggs, Scholes and Van der Sar all running on fumes and Owen, Neville and Ferdinand pretty much done the time to start rebuilding is now but the clubs cash situation may not allow it.

If Liverpool can be rescued despite having such a crappy team at the moment then surely one of these billionaires can try and oust the Glazers as more than any other English team United are the one with the most established "brand" worldwide and therefore most likely to bring the sort of quick return on their investment that these business types always demand.

If the Glazers don't sell things might get pretty bad pretty quick. What happened to the transfer funds from Ronaldo? Amazing how conservative they've been in the transfer market over the last year.

Like you said BCM, with key players aging the team seems to be deteriorating right before SAF's eyes... I wonder how much they could even get for Rooney now? A year ago they could have sold him for 60m... that could have been enough to strengthen the squad.

If the Glazers don't sell things might get pretty bad pretty quick. What happened to the transfer funds from Ronaldo? Amazing how conservative they've been in the transfer market over the last year.

Like you said BCM, with key players aging the team seems to be deteriorating right before SAF's eyes... I wonder how much they could even get for Rooney now? A year ago they could have sold him for 60m... that could have been enough to strengthen the squad.

Though SAF will never admit it in public that £80 million clearly went towards the huge debt the Glazers gave the club.

SAF confirmed today that Rooney wants to leave and if they don't sell him in January he could go for as little as £5 million due to some new ruling about players in the last year of their contract.

Real Madrid have more or less ruled themselves out so I reckon the best chance with making a profit lies with Man City who's owners will pay insane amounts just so they can score points in their ridiculous pissing contest over who's the bigger club.

When City have 18 League Championships, 3 European Cups etc etc to boast about they might have a legit argument but at the moment it's laughable to say the least.

As for United I think the signs of the end of the success of the last 20 years are there.......... the team has been rebuilt before but they had the resources to do it which they now don't and unless another generation of outstanding youngsters all come through at once it's difficult to see where the players will come from.

A lot of fans were laughing at Liverpool's near miss with adminstration but the fact is that United's debt is much, much worse and they could just as easily end up in the same position.

Fame and money has gone to rooneys already oversized head, sell him.

Is he going to be in the squad tomorrow?

Spurs are playing Inter at the San Siro... I'm so excited I could pee myself. Harry has a pretty outstanding record v. Benitez so I've got some hope.

Is he going to be in the squad tomorrow?

Spurs are playing Inter at the San Siro... I'm so excited I could pee myself. Harry has a pretty outstanding record v. Benitez so I've got some hope.

No, according to a club spokesman he finished the last training session on a stretcher due to an ankle injury.

So that means added pressure for Berbatov to continue his good form and another chance for Hernandez who I think might turn out OK in the long run..........he's not unlike Solskjaer so if he takes whatever chances he gets in the team the rest of this season then maybe Rooney's departure and the lack of funds to replace him won't be as much of an issue as the media are now suggesting.

Not an easy game for Spurs but I'll have a chuckle if they win........Benitez still has that Scouse stench about him :)

Although Arsenal fans will suggest otherwise I think the recent rise of Spurs has been good for the game, it makes things more intresting with other teams in the mix.

Incidentally Harry Redknapp has been quoted as saying he's going to speak to the chairman to see if they can try and sign Rooney but admitted they probably couldn't afford him.

As for managers of other clubs,

Jose Mourinho = Likes him as a player but thinks he'll stay with United.

Pep Guardiola = Admires him as a player.

Carlo Ancellotti & Roberto Mancini = Wouldn't comment.

Back