Endoskull Roll Call...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the T-700 bust have the removable brain chip. Called SideShow and they seemed confused. ;)

Just added this baby to the collection. I'm mostly a screen used movie prop guy but these EndoSkulls kick arse.

Hello peeps... I have detailed information on a mod that will make your Endo light up its eyes gradually, and then power off with a fade-out effect. It does this with a motion sensor, and can be done with about $10 in parts. Dead easy for those with soldering skills!

If you guys are interested let me know, I will post details, parts, circuit etc. Just let me know what the best location for this would be... this may not be the right thread of course!

Here's some pics of mine. Only ever liked the clean version.

T-800.jpg

T-800c.jpg

HELP!!

My Combat Endoskull was previously polished with non-acetone nail polish remover, and it became super shiny with "naked" chrome! Thanks to members from sideshow forums. I did not protect with any chrome polish or turtle wax though..

My high-rise apartment flat is facing "sea wind", hence over the past 1 year , _the chrome seems to be 'oxidised' , where there seems to have fine (really fine) 'oxide' spots on the chrome. I tried to run my fingernail lightly on the skull, it feel sandy!

I tried to use soap and water to clean the removable circular "CPU chip" cover, and it does improve, and seems that the oxidation/sandy layer can be removed. however it took a really long amount of time just to clean the circular cover, and it did improve about 40% after 10 mins on such a small area.

Anyone has experience in restoring the endoskull to original shine for my case?? Or any suggestion?_

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

( Anyway, I prefer Not to use my
non-acetone nail polish remover. Although it works really great, but I overdid it with excessive rubbing an area on the base plate, and chrome
was actually rubbed off and a brown "rubbed" mark become permanent . Hope you guys can avoid my mistake.)

Hey guys, first post here. I am after a few collectibles for my Office to display and the t-800 will definitely be one of them as they look awesome however just wondering if someone could help me out with a few questions. I think I know the answers by going through the threads but just want to confirm:

1. Do the Hollywood Collectibles ones play music while the lights are on?

2. Am I right in assuming that I can no longer get the clean SS skull through normal channels and are now only available on the 2nd hand market?

3. I can get the Hollywood clean and battle damaged skulls and signup for the damaged SS skull, what’s people’s opinions on what looks best in real life? Going off photos I much prefer clean and I also think the SS skulls look better, besides the clean SS is the 2nd best option to buy the damaged SS and clean it up?

4. Do both the HC and SS skulls run on battery’s and if so how long do they last turned on for?

Thanks for the help.

Hey guys, first post here. I am after a few collectibles for my Office to display and the t-800 will definitely be one of them as they look awesome however just wondering if someone could help me out with a few questions. I think I know the answers by going through the threads but just want to confirm:

1. Do the Hollywood Collectibles ones play music while the lights are on?

Yes,for about 15 seconds then everything turns off.

2. Am I right in assuming that I can no longer get the clean SS skull through normal channels and are now only available on the 2nd hand market?

Yes either here or eBay.

3. I can get the Hollywood clean and battle damaged skulls and signup for the damaged SS skull, what’s people’s opinions on what looks best in real life? Going off photos I much prefer clean and I also think the SS skulls look better, besides the clean SS is the 2nd best option to buy the damaged SS and clean it up?

You still can get the SS battle damage and the Hollywood still available at retail.

4. Do both the HC and SS skulls run on battery’s and if so how long do they last turned on for?

Yes both run on AA batteries,the light on the Hollywood doesn't stay on,shuts off after the song ends,the SS stays on but not recommended leaving on for to long.

Thanks for the help.

Much appreciated!

I know this is probably "how long is a piece of string question” but if something is on backorder at SS what’s the average time for something to come back in to stock or is there anywhere else that still has stock of the SS battle damaged version? I need someone that ships international as I am outside the US.

Much appreciated!

I know this is probably "how long is a piece of string question” but if something is on backorder at SS what’s the average time for something to come back in to stock or is there anywhere else that still has stock of the SS battle damaged version? I need someone that ships international as I am outside the US.

Back order doesn't mean "back order" with SS,just that they need someone to buy so they can make one or ship one,it doesn't go back in stock usually (It didn't with the BD skull).My BD arrived couple weeks after I purchased.SS ships internationally,but you pay all the taxes and fees etc...

I received my Combat Endo last week and it rocks! I had been wanting one for a long time, so I finally bit the bullet and flex-payed this bad boy. So glad I did!

I got mine today. I love the piece, but as is seeming typical with Sideshow, there is slop on it that I'm going to have to do an exchange on.

There's some sort of glue residue or something like that on the T2 plaque. Looks like something dripped on it and they wiped it off badly. Then they stuck the T2 logo application on over it. Then it went to QC and passed. Do the workers get suspended or beaten for making mistakes or something? I don't see why this couldn't have been wiped off properly and sent back to the last guy to have the combat scuffing repainted on and then back to the logo guy for finishing. Couldn't take but a minute to do. That way I don't get stuff I totally dig, and have to send back.

Anyway, took 3.5 months to get, and now get to do the standard return and pray. Another truly awesome piece, ruined by sloppy work. Not happy.

t2bust.jpg

Last edited:
That indeed sucks Avenger. Do you think you could clean it up
yourself?? Might be worth a try instead of going through the whole
return process. Just a thought..

That indeed sucks Avenger. Do you think you could clean it up
yourself?? Might be worth a try instead of going through the whole
return process. Just a thought..

I tried as much as I was willing to. I used some soapy water, and then a dab of windex on a paper towel, trying all of that on a non visible part to make sure it didn't hurt it. No dice. I don't want to try anything else like the non-acetone nail polish since that removes the paint. I've already started the return process now.

If I can get one that isn't slopped on, this would be in my top favorite collection pieces. The LED eye effect is the best part. I will turn it on and off just to watch the fade. I don't know how I keep getting bad stuff from Sideshow. I've had to return more than half their product for this sort of sloppy craftsmanship. These aren't little nicks, they're significant problems that I don't know how they keep getting allowed past quality control on a near $500 piece. I mean, this one had the purple QC sticker on it. :slap

Sounds like you've had a bad run mate. Good luck with your return I hope your replacement is perfect:pray:. From the many SS collectibles
I own I've only ever had to return 1 ( Hellboy Angel of death 1:1 bust)
paint flaking off all over the place..:mad: It really is a shame when we
spend hundreds of dollars on these products only to be greated with
disapointment. Touch wood this never happens again.

Back