Endoskull Roll Call...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today i enter your Roll Call Club.:chew

I received my Endo Combat bust from Secret Compass. Amazing seller, really fast to arrive to my contry and great price.

This is my grail:

P1010964xxx.jpg

P1010970xx.jpg

P1010958.jpg

I can´t be more happier.

P1010961XX.jpg

Hala Madrid!

Beautiful :chew

What about the music on this bust ? :horror

Special ? isn't it ?:D

I'd rather have the eyes be turned on like the SS bust. ;) Or to have an option to loop the music. I barely had time to take the shots because the eyes were turning off. But I like this bust, too bad I cannot compare them yet, since the HCG is at the new house and the SS one is at the apartment where I live now.

My Sideshow Clean Endoskull and TX Head should be with me within the next couple of weeks. I'm also on the waiting list for the Combat Endo so hopefully I won't have to wait too long for this.

It's going to be an expensive couple of months!!

I'll try to post some pics once they've arrived.

Are you going to polish it?

Regardless, they are great pieces.

I haven't decided yet.....I kinda like the combat look - gives the piece more of a story imo.....rather than hot off the assembly line....but it's not as combat damaged as I would like.....so I may decide to polish him up one day.

I haven't decided yet.....I kinda like the combat look - gives the piece more of a story imo.....rather than hot off the assembly line....but it's not as combat damaged as I would like.....so I may decide to polish him up one day.

They polish up incredibly well and these endos takes on a whole new look without that BD paint (above and beyond the clean versions), but it isn't for everyone.

At least yours has the proper gum line (not hideously notched) and it is aligned vertically. It appears to be hit or miss within the production run.

u need non-acetone nail polish remover and some non-abrasive scrubbing pads like cotton wool.

for more info just look waaaay back in this thread, you'll find tips and how-to's on polishing the bust.

Now that I have the HCG clean version I don't even think of cleaning up the SS combat - looks too cool with that dark look.

Silly question what do you polish with and how? what do you need to look out for on these?

To add to what was said (use non-acetone polish, avoid the red eyes), I'd recommend the following:

-When cleaning the base around the name plate, use low-tack masking tape (3M Blue Painter's Tape) first to mask the entire square name block, including the black border. This paint WILL come off as easily as the weathering paint, so you need to be careful. Similarly, cut a half-moon shape from the tape (or whatever shape you want) to neatly cover the "ON/OFF" printing around the back light switch while polishing. It gives it a nice, professional look. Regardless, leave the tape on until you are completely done, including the next step.

-After you use the non-acetone polish, conduct a final quick cleaning on the cleaned metal areas with metal wheel polish (found at auto parts stores...usually a non-abrasive paste clearly marked as mag/aluminum/all-metal wheel polish) and a clean, soft buffing cloth. This will remove the non-acetone/paint residue and give it a very clean, polished finish. AGAIN: DO NOT USE THE WHEEL POLISH ON THE T2 PLATE PAINT, IT WILL PARTIALLY OR COMPLETELY REMOVE IT.

Hi, today i inspect the endoskull and i found these little problem:
There is a little circle without paint and i can see the resin, is little and i don´t know if is enought to be worry or is a normal faul on these busts. Check it on these pictures:

P1020110ss.jpg

P1ad020103.jpg

There is another on one side of the skull:

P102005dada3.jpg

I don´t know if it´s better to fix it or to leave it as it arrived.

I think that Sideshow are not very good with the quality control, specially with the paint.

Also i think that may be all the endos have little problems or imperfections and i must accept it and don´t think about it.

Back