Endoskull Roll Call...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started cleaning my endoskull before i saw tnaig001's reply...

OH NO!!!! HELP!!!!

I was using non-acetone pads and while i was wiping the eyebrow area, i accidentally wiped across the Entire Left EyeBall, and i can see red stains(which came out from the left eyeball) on the non-acetone pads! :banghead

Now the whole left eyeball has a chalky/cloudy look!! However when i applied water on the eyeball to clean it, it become transparent-clear(like as if it was in original state) again when it is wet. But when the water is wiped-off/evaporated, it remains chalky/cloudy.

Anyone knows how to remedy this?? :monkey2

Maybe using some kind of product for gloss? Like Future?:confused:

Maybe using some kind of product for gloss? Like Future?:confused:

Might work, maybe try to polish the lens so it's smooth again. The solvent will have roughed up the surface, thats why it looks cloudy.

Do like Jkno said, build up a gloss surface with either wax or gloss finish - can't make it worse. You may find the colour in the end will be different than the other eye no matter what you do. If that's the case repeat the entire process, damage the "good eye" with the the nail polish remover then repair like the first. See how you go with the repair first before that though.

Hope it works out man.:monkey2

Don't fret. Use a plastic polish, there are many brands out there, I know 3M offers it. Also, a thin layer of clear coat over the plastic would probably work as well. I would definitely give the ploish a go. I might actually do it myself just to make them extra glossy, since I dont have the lights on very often.

Last edited:
Well Lookeee what we have here......
Picked up a matching set from a fellow freak :)

PICT0008.jpg

Looks like I am going to be selling my cleaned/polished BD Endoskull soon to fund a grail. I'll be sorry to see it go, but there are other things I want more.

Just rub very lightly around the letters...I didn't rub off any of the lettering. Of course I was being very gentle, but I felt like I would have had to apply a lot of pressure to take it off.

Not trying to make u more nervous but the letterings come off in bits. It takes some effort to remove a whole letter but parts of a letter do come off quite easily.

thanks for the input guys.

yikes. see, that's why i'm hesitating to do a clean-up. but the smudges really bug me, so eventually i'm gonna have to do something i guess. i wonder if you repaint (with matt black paint) the parts of the lettering that have been rubbed off, whether the colour will match up. though i'd rather not rub ANYthing off if possible.

thanks for the input guys.

yikes. see, that's why i'm hesitating to do a clean-up. but the smudges really bug me, so eventually i'm gonna have to do something i guess. i wonder if you repaint (with matt black paint) the parts of the lettering that have been rubbed off, whether the colour will match up. though i'd rather not rub ANYthing off if possible.

Do you think you can contact this guy to make this plaque for you?

https://throwingchicken.com/offsite/terminator/plaque.jpg

https://throwingchicken.com/offsite/terminator/terminator final/DSCF4043.jpg

hey thanks for the tip tnaig. :cool:

that's a pretty interesting treatment for the nameplate. almost makes it look like something u'd see displayed at a skynet lab, or the cyberdyne special projects r&d facility.

i'll try the clean-up first, and if i screw up, at least i have an option.
is this guy in the usa?

might be wiser to contact him first no? Have the nameplate ready :) i contacted Rusty about commissioning something similar but haven't gone beyond the interest stage.

I started cleaning my endoskull before i saw tnaig001's reply...

OH NO!!!! HELP!!!!

I was using non-acetone pads and while i was wiping the eyebrow area, i accidentally wiped across the Entire Left EyeBall, and i can see red stains(which came out from the left eyeball) on the non-acetone pads! :banghead

Now the whole left eyeball has a chalky/cloudy look!! However when i applied water on the eyeball to clean it, it become transparent-clear(like as if it was in original state) again when it is wet. But when the water is wiped-off/evaporated, it remains chalky/cloudy.

Anyone knows how to remedy this?? :monkey2

Hi all, thanks for the replies!

I found a solution, at least temporary. Since that i mentioned that water makes the cloudy-eye looks clear again for a short while, i thought of using olive oil! I applied a very small amount and spread around the eyeball. It worked, the eye looked like as if nothing happened!! Yippee!!

Now already almost 3rd day of applying the olive oil, and it still looks awesome!

:banana
:chew

Still waiting on mine to arrive in stock :( I can't wait for this one to be here in my hands! I like the custom nameplate a page back also, i may look into something like that myself.....

Great quick fix, and it shouldnt be harmful to the surface. I'll be curious to see how long it lasts.

As long as you don't wash it away. Oil will attract dust on it, so you'd better keep the bust inside a display case or glass cabinet

Don't fret. Use a plastic polish, there are many brands out there, I know 3M offers it. Also, a thin layer of clear coat over the plastic would probably work as well. I would definitely give the ploish a go. I might actually do it myself just to make them extra glossy, since I dont have the lights on very often.

1) Have you tried to apply plastic polish. does it work on the eyeballs?

2) If i switch on the light on the eyes, the battery can last how many days? anyone here switch on the lights indefinitely? any negative effects?

Got my Combat Version yesterday tru a trade. Traded my Bowen Clear version Iceman and Red and Ironman LSB. I'm very happy adding this bust on my collection:)

Will do the cleaning tonight.

Back