Ender's Game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this at the IMAX a day after Gravity and I thought it was damn awful. How can you have amazing starship technology spliced with PS4 graphic scenes. Reeeeeaaaly bad :thumbdown:

I just got back from seeing Ender's game on the Mega screen with my son. It was very well done and we both enjoyed it. My only critique is it could have been a little longer, they had to give us some cliff notes to condense it, other than that it great. Visually stunning and pretty true to the book.

I saw this at the IMAX a day after Gravity and I thought it was damn awful. How can you have amazing starship technology spliced with PS4 graphic scenes. Reeeeeaaaly bad :thumbdown:

Did you not understand that those ps4 scenes with the mouse were supposed to look like a game, because it was a game? :cuckoo: did you go to the bathroom an come back in the middle of that scene?

Last edited:
Yes I got the concept completely. I still thought it was poorly executed. Games would be (I hope) more advanced than that with better graphics, given the other technology humans were supposed to have in the film. I thought the acting was wooden too. But hey thats just my opinion and I am entitled to it.

The Josh > ?

I am greater than most questions. :lol Nah, I was just joshing around that I liked Ender's Game more than Gravity to rib those that really like Gravity. Just having a good time. No harm. No foul.

Last edited:
I think the film did a great job for what it tried to tackle out of the books. I am not surprised at all that it left out all of the political stuff still going on with Ender's brother and sister. I have yet to read the sequels so I don't know if that stuff is necessary for a sequel movie. But it wasn't really necessary for this film itself.

I was pretty impressed with both the Battle School and the Command center scenes compared to what I imagined when reading the book, which I had just finished last month. I thought they could have employed more about how Ender innovates the game, specifically reorienting his feet to be shields. I can't remember if the scheme to win the final match in the game was exact to the book, but it was close.

They softened the circumstances behind Bonso a lot, which I'm not sure was the right move, but it probably wouldn't fly all that well with audiences to know that the hero actually held zero remorse for something like that.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Was very impressed- even moved at the end. A very good film. This and Oblivion, for me, were pleasant surprises. Ford was really good.

I had no idea there was a book until my young niece told me. I really enjoyed this.

Basically my opinion of the movie is opposite of everything Riddick said. :lol

I think the film did a great job for what it tried to tackle out of the books. I am not surprised at all that it left out all of the political stuff still going on with Ender's brother and sister. I have yet to read the sequels so I don't know if that stuff is necessary for a sequel movie. But it wasn't really necessary for this film itself.

I was pretty impressed with both the Battle School and the Command center scenes compared to what I imagined when reading the book, which I had just finished last month. I thought they could have employed more about how Ender innovates the game, specifically reorienting his feet to be shields. I can't remember if the scheme to win the final match in the game was exact to the book, but it was close.

They softened the circumstances behind Bonso a lot, which I'm not sure was the right move, but it probably wouldn't fly all that well with audiences to know that the hero actually held zero remorse for something like that.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I was thinking the same thing. But I'll forgive it since it is really tough to fit everything in from the book. The revolutionizing the way they competed in battle school could have been added tho.

I do feel like they didn't do a good job showing the passage of time. They basically had a voice over say that they were training for months. But they didn't do a good job showing it.

I also agree with the Bonso scene. He had no remorse. He didn't run off crying about it. (Plus if I'm not mistaken, in the book, didn't he beat the kid to death at the beginning of book? I'm pretty sure he died at the hospital or something)

In the book the first death is unknown to the reader until the second death, I believe.

This was my experience too. My only complaint was that it seemed to follow a really rigid outline that felt too sparse and moved too fast. Had a really good time though.

I just got back from seeing Ender's game on the Mega screen with my son. It was very well done and we both enjoyed it. My only critique is it could have been a little longer, they had to give us some cliff notes to condense it, other than that it great. Visually stunning and pretty true to the book.

Back