Ender's Game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Starship Troopers movie is pretty good. I read the book well after seeing it so I got to enjoy both equally.

Well a very pro-LGBT band (The Flaming Lips) is doing an EP for the film, so I can't imagine there is any backlash except among a fringe of that community.

Ordered the vinyl for this. :yess:

The Flaming Lips will release the Peace Sword EP as part of Black Friday 2013 this year, pressing the Ender’s Game-inspired tunes to wax. The EP will feature 6 new tracks, to be pressed to 12″ vinyl. According to Consequence of Sound, The Lips will also make a sorta-statement regarding the author of Ender’s Game, Orson Scott Card, who is outwardly against homosexuality. They will reportedly “further address Card’s comments with an etching on the EP’s vinyl, which will read “Hey Orson Scott Card You Are Wrong” on side one and “Gay People Are Cool” on the flip.

Good ol' Flaming Lips! :lol

You guys be cray cray if you think Starship Troopers is good. Its a romp and I get enjoyment for what it is including bewbies and bug kills and NPH as a psychic, but not good by any stretch. As a book adaptation its awful.

This film is starting to get decent critical buzz. The reviews have seemed very positive.

Movie was fun and I enjoyed it but it wasn't super great. I am curious to see where they go from here if they make a sequel.

I met the whole cast at comic con and signed a poster. Anyone wanna make me an offer for the poster?

Really solid film but it could have been so much more if the pacing had been slowed down. Everything was moving too quickly and needed to slow way down to create better character building and character relationships. Otherwise the story was fantastic and I came in not having read the book. This film left me thinking and I mean really thinking. This is great thought provoking hard science fiction which as I have found out from friends is exactly what the book is. Just picked up the book and plan to read it over the weekend. I will say this--the final battle is phenomenal and had me on the edge of my seat. The Battle/Command School scenes are off the charts.

Fun movie; Ender was spot on for the movie. Could have used an extra hour to develop the character stuff way more.

Sold film, for sure - hoping for a serious director's cut on dvd

I enjoyed it... still pretty bad.

Awful script, mediore acting.
Cinematography... sometimes it's mindblowing but mostly hillarious.
Solid but overally bland score.

Wanna read the novel now :lol

ocd-robocops--20090617072404098-000.jpg

I enjoyed it... still pretty bad.

Awful script, mediore acting.
Cinematography... sometimes it's mindblowing but mostly hillarious.
Solid but overally bland score.

Wanna read the novel now :lol

I couldn't disagree more, myself....acting was pretty excellent - or maybe I am easy to please

Of course one could justify the acting by the level of script and directing... :lol

Back