Empty Hot Toy boxes - Do people actually want them?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep all of the shipper boxes that I have for protecting the art box when I am rotating my collection (over 100+ HTs etc). When I have moved items on from my collection (no longer collecting Marvel) I get a premium for trade/sale when you have the shipping boxes.

I bought 3 of these 40-Gal Sterilite Industrial Totes on sale the other day and was able to fit 50 Brown Shippers into one. 1 down 2 more to go.

s-l1600_thumb200.jpg

IMG_3143.jpg

IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

I store my art boxes in their brown shippers to keep them in good shape. I do the same for 1/4 scale stuff as well. It's also easier to ship stuff if you ever choose to sell anything, but mostly it's to safeguard the art boxes.

Part of me is tempted to get rid of the art boxes. Only thing is I don’t have everything on display so not sure how I’d properly store everything that isn’t. Plus I know the value goes down a bunch without the boxes if I ever want to sell anything. The boxes are a definite pain though and have taken up a good chunk of my closet space.

Part of me is tempted to get rid of the art boxes. Only thing is I don?t have everything on display so not sure how I?d properly store everything that isn?t. Plus I know the value goes down a bunch without the boxes if I ever want to sell anything. The boxes are a definite pain though and have taken up a good chunk of my closet space.

I actually like to display my Art Boxes behind the figures as much as I can. I have the space for it so figured why not. But yeah I can eventually see myself having to find an alternative like others once space becomes limited.

The brown shippers were being stored in a closet but the wifey was getting upset every time she had to dig around them to find school supplies, so I had to improve my. She was happy with the renovation so that?s all that matters. I was able to break them down into storage bin and store them in the attic.

If you do decide to get rid of the Art Boxes let me know I?m looking for a few.

HellBoy
The Crow
66 Batman
Doctor Strange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of me is tempted to get rid of the art boxes. Only thing is I don’t have everything on display so not sure how I’d properly store everything that isn’t. Plus I know the value goes down a bunch without the boxes if I ever want to sell anything. The boxes are a definite pain though and have taken up a good chunk of my closet space.

Keep the boxes if at all possible.

I bought 3 of these 40-Gal Sterilite Industrial Totes on sale the other day and was able to fit 50 Brown Shippers into one. 1 down 2 more to go.

View attachment 477254

View attachment 477250

View attachment 477251

View attachment 477252

View attachment 477253

Dude, if there is a Cardboard Apocalypse, you are ready!!!!!

On a serious note, if you want to have the option to resell a figure later, having the original shipper and original box is only going to help with what you can ask. And I usually buy what I want, but there are times down the line, I sometimes ask myself, 'what was I thinking?' and want to sell.

I am genuinely considering buying a waterproof outside storage shed just for boxes. Haven't decided yet whether that is me being practical, or just insane... :lol

Keep the boxes if at all possible.
I have been since I started collecting back in 2012. I also haven’t sold anything yet so I kind of don’t anticipate doing so and the boxes really are just taking up space. My OCD side probably won’t actually give in to tossing the boxes though.

I tend to get rid of the plastic/foam trays and just keep the outer boxes, flatpacking them wherever possible. The current type of boxes don't fold, so i use them for storing loose parts.

I used to throw away the shipper boxes, but now I keep them. It's worth it for me as protection for the art box while it's in storage. I figure it's just another 1/4 inch layer--it's not taking up much more space than the art box. I have about 3 large boxes where I store all the figure boxes and keep them in the attic.

When I first started collecting these figures I too thought I would never sell any of the figures I bought. I bought them for keeps. I mostly collected SW, so when HT started to take over the line, I slowly started selling off the Sideshow versions and upgraded. It's something I never thought I would do, but here I am. I didn't keep the shippers on most of those Sideshow figures, but I can't really say it affected their resale value, as they don't go for much anyway!

Bottom line is if you have the ability to store the shipper and art boxes, do so. You never know when you'll want or need to sell these items off and the resale value will definitely be higher with the boxes included. I've got mine stacked in the attic.

One thing I do is remove all of the unused accessories and put them in zip-loc bags. I use a sharpie to identify what figure they are from. I then store these in a bin inside a closet. At least they remain in air-conditioning and there is no risk of plastic items warping in the attic heat.

It?s a long shot, but I figured I?d ask.... Does anyone on here have a box and tray for the hot toys Anakin that they?d be willing to part with? I picked up a loose figure and I?d love to be able to store it in a package. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back