Emperor Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the 360 definitely makes it look more appealing. I may bite eventually. Right now, I just don't have the room.

I'm surprised we haven't seen the Low Quantity Bar on this (well not really) but it should send a message to SSC and I expect the next Star Wars Ex to be a lot smaller in terms of ES. Which is unfortunate since I think the majority of the reason that this isn't going is problems with the piece itself instead of actual number...

It'll sell out eventually. I'm sure that's all Sideshow cares about.

I will be picking this up, but I am willing to bet that I will be able to pick it up for less a year or so after release. Now I gotta find a place to set Vader (once they release a new version), Luke, and the Emperor up together.

I dont understand why all the haters of this PF.
I think the sculpt is actually really good and is instantly recognizable more so than the LSB imho.
This is a PF that has been requested by collectors for years (myself included) and now we finally have it ppl are just hatin. We knew this was going to be expensive some ppl were predicting 600-700 and you all act surprised its come in at $500??? Yes i agree the hood is wrong and hope they will fix it and have emailed SS and asked them about the hood. Also we all know that SS never takes great promo pics and once we get this in hand i know it is going to be awesome.

Agreed!:exactly:

I have this ordered but it needs MAJOR revisions in order to make it worthy. The angles and dimensions of the chair are way off and the general posture of the Emperor is ____ed up, probably because they went for the poseable option instead of just getting it right. The main reason this is still available is that it is not screen accurate and the photos as usual suck.

emperor.png

How can they get things so right in 1:6 and screw up some important scale issues in the PF?

It would be cool to see a shot of the 1:6 added to this photo collage above. Anyway the PF throne is very thin on the lateral back margins, plus the more obvious: it is not wide enough from the shoulders up compared to the pic from the movie. It looks like a child's chair compared to the original one... :(

WOW, that pic is fairly discouraging. I get the why, but I always saw the PF's as their flagship line, the best, most accurate and uncompromising depiction of a charcter

Some of us have been saying this all along.

But people order regardless - thinking it's just the photos, or that SS will fix the inaccuracies. I honestly would like nothing more but I won't be holding my breath!

Back