Emperor Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off I don't collect Star Wars statues and I do not think every thing SS produce is on the money but in saying that I cant see why there is so much hate for this piece. If someone with a bit of flare repositioned the robes and took better pictures it would look 100% better.

Funny to so almost nobody talks about the saber NOT being the exclusive :lol
I'm with the people that say the exclusive doesn't make sence. Why do the force lightning face if they could have made the "laughing" face:
emperor3.jpg

Well when I look at the photo's of the PF and compare them to my 1:6 Emp in his throne I'm happy I took him :D
Will save the money for the droids in PF form :hi5:

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

It speaks volumes to how well they did with the 12" version, doesn't it?!?!

I would LOVE to have that speeder bike PF!!!! One of these days...
I take it you own that one?!?!

Yeah..that is my grail piece. Totally worth every penny!

And yes..they did an amazing job on the 12" Emperor and Throne. Unless you are a diehard fan of the Emperor I can't see buying this, especially if you have the 12" already.

I think he looks a bit more like ROTS Palpatine than ROTJ Palpatine. But we need high res pics indeed.

darth-vader-epic-fail.jpg

Why do the same head sculpts as the 1/6? Sideshow is known to change it up for the different scales/mediums. Why lose the originality now? I thought that this was going to be my first difficult decision of the year... nope. Happy with my 1/6.

They should do the emperor when he is walking down the "steps", right before he lighting forced Luke in ROTJ. That will be a nice one. ...

:exactly:

Last edited:
Yeah..that is my grail piece. Totally worth every penny!

And yes..they did an amazing job on the 12" Emperor and Throne. Unless you are a diehard fan of the Emperor I can't see buying this, especially if you have the 12" already.

I am soooooo jealous!!!

Yeah, maybe I save the cash for the droids and stormtrooper PFs.

I think they posed his hands up in the air so people can see that is poseable as well. Yeah, they look funny, but I think it is nice that Sideshow gave us that as an additional display option, although I agree that the figure looks best with his hands on the throne.

Couldnt put my finger on it, but this is what I see when I look at the hands pose, a baby in a high chair slapping his palms down onto the tray over and over, laughing.

albright-palpatine-1.jpg

Yeah I have to agree with one of the above posters. I'd rather have him in a standing pose and have it be the ROTJ version, not the ROTS version face. It just doesn't look up to par with other PFs.

And the whole exclusive not making sense, it's the same as Jedi Look with that terrible pose trotting around with the pistol from Jabba's Palace while not wearing a cloak he would have been better suited having as an exclusive.

I just wonder what goes through these guys' heads when they're spending all that time discussing "the definitive pose." Jedi Luke was my most anticipated PF and they blew it bad. So gut wrenching to see that pose and that's what ultimately drove the decision to not buy it.

Not really seeing what the problem is with the piece, other than I agree that it looks more like ROTS Emperor rather than ROTJ emperor. What do you want for a figure sitting on a throne? Not many pose options to go with. Yeah, it looks like the 12" piece, but not everyone buys both lines. Would it have been better if Sideshow chose a standing pose? Maybe, but then folks would have found something to complain about that piece too. And I think the price is fairly reasonable. No way Sideshow would have charged $275 for this. In their eyes it's two PF-size pieces in one figure.

I just wonder what goes through these guys' heads when they're spending all that time discussing "the definitive pose." Jedi Luke was my most anticipated PF and they blew it bad. So gut wrenching to see that pose and that's what ultimately drove the decision to not buy it.

The pose may be not the most awesome one they could have chosen, but the good likness of Mark Hamil is almost scary :horror

Back