Emperor Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another body wouldn't be practical, realistically it isn't a figure so you wouldn't dress it, meaning you'd have to include a standing body that could "plug" into the front of the chair as if he were standing in front of it. Which would mean you'd have to have a base for this other than the throne which means more money. You'd have to have the other body completely dressed which means more money. If you want that much but don't want to pay through the nose you're better off with the 1:6 and do whatever your heart well please.

I like the piece but the exclusive is a mimic of the 1:6 and that is a little disappointing and personally not worth the extra I'd pay in tax and shipping getting it from SSC Direct. Had they done the smiling face or (even though it's not accurate), a smiling face with a hand that is holding Luke's lightsaber as if taunting him, utilizing the lean forward:

badass-emperor.jpg

(yes I know he is standing in the pic but go with me here and visualize) It would have been a better exclusive IMHO.

The problem to me is more the price than the finished piece. If this piece had been priced at $275-$299 like it should be, Id feel it's probably worth it. For $500 I expect much much more.

He's got s throne? Big deal. Spider-Man has a huge ass wall, less than $500. Jack Sparrow is upright, multi fabrics, barrel props, gun props, map prop, working lantern, less than $500, and in sheer material and weight I doubt this piece outweighs Hulkbuster in terms of raw material, and it was less than $500. I'm just not seeing $500 worth of anything in this piece...at all. Can't even use the 2 statues in one argument because Thanos was him, Death and a big base with a big surfboard, all less than $500. It's a no-contest to me. Feels like a $300 statue to me, period.

The problem to me is more the price than the finished piece. If this piece had been priced at $275-$299 like it should be, Id feel it's probably worth it. For $500 I expect much much more.

He's got s throne? Big deal. Spider-Man has a huge ass wall, less than $500. Jack Sparrow is upright, multi fabrics, barrel props, gun props, map prop, working lantern, less than $500, and in sheer material and weight I doubt this piece outweighs Hulkbuster in terms of raw material, and it was less than $500. I'm just not seeing $500 worth of anything in this piece...at all. Can't even use the 2 statues in one argument because Thanos was him, Death and a big base with a big surfboard, all less than $500. It's a no-contest to me. Feels like a $300 statue to me, period.

With the arguments you give I would say the price of the piece would be $400,-
There are some PF's that are almost $300,- and only have a base. So I think $300,- is bit low. As i said $400,- would have been a better price. The throne is a unique sculpt and if it has lights in it it would be (what we didn't saw in the pictures but will be there in the final product) it would be an awesome piece. Only thing I wouldn't buy it is because the regular head doesn't look very good (what we have seen of it) and the exclusive doesn't make sence...:dunno

While I don't really disagree that $500 is expensive for this piece, how can you argue that it should be $275? The exclusive Slave Leia PF was $275 and the exclusive Jedi Luke PF was $300. Surely the addition of an entire throne merits at least a little price increase, no? I agree with Darth Mitchell that $400 seems like a more reasonable price.

That said, I don't plan to get this. The emperor has never been one of my favorite characters, and so far the pictures don't wow me. But I do think it'll look better in person, since it's hard to get a sense of scale for the throne in pictures.

The pose may be not the most awesome one they could have chosen, but the good likness of Mark Hamil is almost scary :horror

And that's one of the heartbreaking things about it is how close they got the likeness. I feel they really nailed that as well as every other aspect of it in terms of clothing and the textures, but the pose ultimately broke the deal for me. It's such a terribly horrible thing to have it have come down to the pose, but that was probably one of the wost choices of poses I've ever seen from the Star Wars PF line. The other mistake is that in ROTJ when Luke's in his ready stance near Vader (or on Tatooine at the sail barge rescue) you'll notice Luke ALWAYS had both hands on his saber. Showed a huge difference in strength vs his overconfidence in ESB when he tried dueling Vader with just one hand. The only time he held that saber in one hand was while talking to Vader from a distance atop that platform. It's just not how Luke would be positioned for battle...

Which leads me to the Emperor. When did he ever cast lightning from his chair in the film? NEVER. Ditch the lightning and pose feature, knock off the price and keep it at the rested position like he was in the movie. He was frightening enough as it was just sitting there staring! The 12" captures this haunting look VERY well.

Well, I had actually canceled the 1:6 Throne in anticipation of this piece (because I really don't need an Emperor sitting in his Throne in both formats). The reports of broken 1:6 Thrones and the promise of a jaw-dropping Emperor PF made that an easy decision.

But that was then...

Now I have completely changed my mind. At $500, I am going to PASS on this without a moment of hesitation and just pick up the 1:6 Throne with my Rewards Points. Done.

The pose may be not the most awesome one they could have chosen, but the good likness of Mark Hamil is almost scary :horror

That ROTJ Luke PF headsculpt is great! I wish I could shrink that sucker to 1/6 and place it on the 1/6 ROTJ Luke!

Had they done the smiling face or (even though it's not accurate), a smiling face with a hand that is holding Luke's lightsaber as if taunting him, utilizing the lean forward:

badass-emperor.jpg

(yes I know he is standing in the pic but go with me here and visualize) It would have been a better exclusive IMHO.

I agree that this would've made for a better and more interesting exclusive. The smiling HS would've been really cool to see.

If Sideshow can charge $400 for an Originals PF, then it's not surprising for this PF to be higher. You're paying for Lucas' cut anyways. In fact, I'm surprised that it wasn't more expensive.

Why aren't his knees articulated? How are we supposed to pose him gripping the throne with his hands and his legs raised and sticking straight out in front of him?

I'm not at all surprised at the $500 price tag. Or, more to the point, I'm surprised it's not more. That's a lot of polystone in that throne, and the RnD that went into creating the articulated 1/4 scale figure was pretty extensive. Tack an additional head and arms onto the packing list,along with the lightup function, and you're getting quite a lot for the price.

First off I don't collect Star Wars statues and I do not think every thing SS produce is on the money but in saying that I cant see why there is so much hate for this piece. If someone with a bit of flare repositioned the robes and took better pictures it would look 100% better.

:goodpost: what he said!

Last edited:
Is it just me or does his hood look way too small? I think that's throwing things off, as the sculpt looks a bit better in close up.

SSCpalpatine.jpg
emperorpalpatine.jpg

I hope Sideshow will fix that hood! Just change the fabric materials so that it doesn't looks like a doll!

Easy pass... too big and don't like the look of it. My speeder bike and scout will remain the focal point off my collection as it is pretty much perfect.

I'm not at all surprised at the $500 price tag. Or, more to the point, I'm surprised it's not more. That's a lot of polystone in that throne, and the RnD that went into creating the articulated 1/4 scale figure was pretty extensive. Tack an additional head and arms onto the packing list,along with the lightup function, and you're getting quite a lot for the price.

I've looked for confirmation of the light up function, but I'm not seeing anything. They don't mention it in the blog, nor do the pictures convince me there is any. I don't want to stir anyone's pot, but it's looking more like there is no led's in this.

Easy pass... too big and don't like the look of it. My speeder bike and scout will remain the focal point off my collection as it is pretty much perfect.

Love that speeder bike PF. I don't have room for it, but it is about my favorite Star Wars PF though.

I've looked for confirmation of the light up function, but I'm not seeing anything. They don't mention it in the blog, nor do the pictures convince me there is any. I don't want to stir anyone's pot, but it's looking more like there is no led's in this.

It has lights...

It will have light-up features as stated in the Inside Look video. Pictures showcasing that will be posted when available (which will more than likely be in a few months).

-SideshowAlex

Back