Emperor Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stay with the 12"...that's what she said. The 12" looks just as good as the pf...I'd save the 400 bucks for two or three other 12" figures. To me this is not an epic pf like the speeder bike is.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

It speaks volumes to how well they did with the 12" version, doesn't it?!?!

I would LOVE to have that speeder bike PF!!!! One of these days...
I take it you own that one?!?!

Sigh.... was very much looking forward to this one for a long time.
Major letdown.
Price is ok though.
But:
1. The same EX as the 12 inch?? WHY?!
2. Looks too much like the 12 inch.
3. Hood looks too small.
4. Those force lightning hands look retarded (unless you can swivel them?)
5. Whats the point of having a scowling face and force lightning hands if he cannot stand up????
6. I dont remember the Emperor having grey under robes in Jedi??? Is this right? Or did i not pay attention to that? To me he looks too much like Sidious from ROTS.
7. The non refundable deposit is a pain again.

Whoever is setting up these sideshow items for the photos really needs to do a better job on futzing and posing because it really is the initial 1st appearance of the item which will get all of us talking. :lecture

I think he looks great. The price is reasonable, but I don't think I'll be able to swing it. I'll definitely get it from a retailer though.

Is it just me or does his hood look way too small? I think that's throwing things off, as the sculpt looks a bit better in close up.

SSCpalpatine.jpg
emperorpalpatine.jpg

the more I think about it, the more I am puzzled by SS decision to put this up for pre-order now (and asking for a deposit) when they cannot show us detailed pics of the prototype, including the light up function.

why not put it up for pre-order once those issues have been sorted out?

Probably the angle but the eyes look like they are aiming in different directions...

PF's are always too much for my blood, but I love seeing them and was really looking forward to seeing how the leaning forward would come out and I'm very disappointed. looks like a fat guy who can't get out of his chair reaching for help :slap

I do think the headsculpts look nice. but like many have said, that hood is way to small and I would've like to see a different exclusive. I don't know what it could've been, but I honestly thought having Luke's lightsaber to the side would've been the exclusive. Would be nice to see the light-up function as well.

oh well, hope for some things to get fixed for those who are getting this and can't wait for the in hand pics to roll in even though I know we're far from that :lol

I hope for Sideshow's sake that someone calls for another round of photos. Whether the Emperor is leaning back in his seat or leaning forward menacingly, his hands are best left on the arms of the throne. Posed as they are -- waving in the air as if they're about to launch a barrage of lightning -- the arms look awkward, cheap, and toy-like. The entire series of photos leaves me thinking that the photographers aren't taking this piece seriously.

6. I dont remember the Emperor having grey under robes in Jedi??? Is this right? Or did i not pay attention to that? To me he looks too much like Sidious from ROTS.

Whoever is setting up these sideshow items for the photos really needs to do a better job on futzing and posing because it really is the initial 1st appearance of the item which will get all of us talking. :lecture
Yes the under robe is grey. But with the darkness and the blue shining light in the film it was very short to see.

gho3-1l.jpg

Yeah damn right. :goodpost:
The guys doing the posing and taking those shots didn't really mentioned how important the pics are for this PF. Epsecially when you look at the price, which is ok but no low.
The excl. Stuff is not really a new. Like a few said. Why the need when the emporer is not able to stand. Weird decision from Sideshow.

Come on Alex. Give us more convincing pictures to make this PF a Must-Have ;)

Don't understand why SS offers the same exact same thing as 12" and PF figure. I mean since SS had offered the throne on the 12" version, they shouldn't repeated on the PF version. They should do a stand up version. Something different. The head sculpt is same as the 12" ones. Probably using the same blueprint. As of this point, I am looking forward for the LSB bust than. Something different.

They should do the emperor when he is walking down the "steps", right before he lighting forced Luke in ROTJ. That will be a nice one. I don't need a 12" throne, and a PF throne. Seems like it is all about marketing to me.

Because some folks who collect PF's don't collect 1:6th and want this versions. Also its probably been one of the most asked for PF pieces from SW as long as I can remember.

Because some folks who collect PF's don't collect 1:6th and want this versions. Also its probably been one of the most asked for PF pieces from SW as long as I can remember.

:exactly:

I don't collect 1:6th and was eagerly awaiting this.

A bit disappointing! The only 'premium' thing I see about this piece is the price! :monkey2

I hope it's just another case of underwhelming SS pics but as I see it the exclusive is just lame (looks like he needs to take a crap and Vader crazy glued him to the chair for a laugh). And the head sculpt doesn't look that great for the relaxed pose, but it's so hard to tell because the images don't show much detail. Will wait for more (better) pics...

Back