Emperor Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many do you have? It's usually better to use reward points on things you have about enough points to purchase completely, since you don't earn reward points on a purchase you use them on. If that makes sense.

Hmmm didnt think of that, I have $320 worth...geez, now I dont know if I even want it...man you guys are getting too good at pointing out flaws:rotfl

You'd lose out on $25 worth of points by using your points on the throne, but you've got enough saved up that it's not a huge deal. Sometimes people want to use just $25 or $50 worth of points on something like this, which isn't the best idea.

$500 is a pretty good deal considering the size of it. There is something about it though that I just can't put my finger on that has me hesitant to pull the trigger. The angry face with hands up looks more like he is saying "Careful with that" than threatening...

The Luke PF wasn't posed right with it but I can't help to hope that the eventual ROTJ Vader will bring them both together in some way.

I'll be on the sidelines....with NRDs I can't afford to be "meh" on an order and the "Oooh Oooh Careful" face I can do without.

From Trevor's DeviantArt page...

emperor_palpatine_by_trev_solo-d38kd3z.jpg

I guess I'll wait until SDCC to decide on this guy after seeing it in person. I may just end up tracking down the 1/6 version. :dunno

A couple of thoughts as I study the pictures a little more:

1) The relaxed pose seems to lack some futzing to the hood and maybe that would improve the overall look.

2) If you could combine the seating position with the angry scult and one of the angry hands, you might get a decent combined look. Kind of the taunting of Luke at the beginning of the scene.

3) I still think that Sideshow needs to do a better job of photographing their products. These pictures are just kind of meh.

the exclusive hands look completely ridiculous. They should have done switch out hands/heads for both versions and made the exclusive the backdrop like in the pic.

I will get the exclusive because I am a completist, but I will never display it like that. Regular all the way.

A more close up shot of the regular portrait will be posted to the photo gallery within the next couple of months, so keep an eye out.

-SideshowAlex

Hey Alex, can you guys adjust the hood in the right position so that it will looks like the way it does in the movie? The 12-inch Emperor hood is perfect like below:

emperorpalpatine2byscul.jpg

Next couple months? Isn't this thing going on sale in the next couple days?

And WOW.... ^^^^ Those 12" pix look much more flattering than the PF one. Geeze if that was the PF I'd change my tune real quick!

A couple of thoughts as I study the pictures a little more:

1) The relaxed pose seems to lack some futzing to the hood and maybe that would improve the overall look.

2) If you could combine the seating position with the angry scult and one of the angry hands, you might get a decent combined look. Kind of the taunting of Luke at the beginning of the scene.

3) I still think that Sideshow needs to do a better job of photographing their products. These pictures are just kind of meh.

2. I don't know for sure but I would think you can use the Exc head with the relaxed body. It says alternate portrait not alternate body so I guess it just bends forward and back.

3. Yeah, they really need to improve their photos.

Those pix from TheMadTitan from the 12" version? If so what happened with the PF? The 12" looks dead on. I'd be pulling the trigger if the PF looked that good.

Just sawthe official pics on the product page. I gotta be honest. I don't like it. The 1:6 looks better.

Not the most flattering pixs SS could have taken, but none-the-less still stoked!
(Why not futz w/ the hood a little, or get a close-up pix of the regular face, wtf!!?)

Will definitely pose this piece w/ the calm face as my 12" wears the scowl.

$500 w/ 500 ed size; Very niiiiice!

Little dissapointed on this peice think I will pass on this one after looking at my 1/6 ex emperor and throne I am pretty happy with it for me to spend 500 on this the throne could at least have light up feature.

Back