Email Issues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edonian

Super Freak
Reaction score
I don't know if this thread is appropriate in this section...(If it isn't feel free to remove it) but I think I may have a problem regarding my email account. Last year I started receiving a bunch of random spam emails and I would always mark them as spam and delete them or simply unsubscribe from such emails (even though I have not subscribed to them at all...) Today I receive 30 failure notice emails from Craigslist, and then I receive a text from my friend saying "I think your email has been hacked, I just receive an email from you with a strange link."

I have also received such emails from my mother, things she did/would not send. Can anyone tell me what's causing that and how I can possibly stop it from happening? My account doesn't sound hacked, but I'm so unsure about these things.

sounds like the work of russian spammers................:lecture

they have struck people before on this very board.............:lecture

That has happened to me as well. My e-mail got shut down on me though. I would change your e-mail account and password, or at least the password, immediately.

sounds like the work of russian spammers................:lecture

they have struck people before on this very board.............:lecture

Curse theeem! *Shakes fist*

That has happened to me as well. My e-mail got shut down on me though. I would change your e-mail account and password, or at least the password, immediately.

Not cool. Yeah, I changed my password.

I don't know if this thread is appropriate in this section...(If it isn't feel free to remove it) but I think I may have a problem regarding my email account. Last year I started receiving a bunch of random spam emails and I would always mark them as spam and delete them or simply unsubscribe from such emails (even though I have not subscribed to them at all...) Today I receive 30 failure notice emails from Craigslist, and then I receive a text from my friend saying "I think your email has been hacked, I just receive an email from you with a strange link."

I have also received such emails from my mother, things she did/would not send. Can anyone tell me what's causing that and how I can possibly stop it from happening? My account doesn't sound hacked, but I'm so unsure about these things.

Probably clicking on the "unsubcribe link" wasn't a good idea. Never click on a link in an email that you are suspicious of. Just keep marking it as spam and delete it.

Yeah sure blame it on the Russians.

3c9b71dd9c014d046e2233b1be659d86.jpg

Back