[ELVIS1976 | custom work] • 1/1 PROTON PACK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ELVIS1976 custom's•LEATHERFACE•TWD•S03 RICK GRIMES•MERLE•DREDD3D

Such amazing work on these pages! :thud: keep it up! :D

I've been trying to make my Lil Merle for a few days now and have been looking at some 1:1 cosplay remakes and yours looks just as good as theirs and yours is 1:6. Really inspiring work...

The S03 Rick looks awesome! Can you share some of your weathering techniques for the shirt?

Mike

You are serious giving me season 3 rick envy

Can you please give me a small weathering tutorial?!?!?!

I've been trying to make my Lil Merle for a few days now and have been looking at some 1:1 cosplay remakes and yours looks just as good as theirs and yours is 1:6. Really inspiring work...

Thanks brother! Actually that is what I did, I watched tons of pics of the props and cosplay one.

The S03 Rick looks awesome! Can you share some of your weathering techniques for the shirt?

Mike

You are serious giving me season 3 rick envy

Can you please give me a small weathering tutorial?!?!?!

Thanks guys.
First thing I do before weathering anything is to put the clothing in a bath of water and acrylics.
Basically 50% water - 50% acrylics. Usually I mix black and brown.

Right after that put the shirt back on the body and shape it to look natural.
I use a big brush to accentuate the weathering on some areas. Black, brown, beige. I always work first with the lighter colour then darken it till I get the desired effect.

I also us chalk to give that dusty effect.

Once everything is dry I use sandpaper to distress it a bit more.

The key in weathering something is to not do too much otherwise it won't look natural.

Hope that helps, good luck and don't ruin your clothing :lol

Seb , what did you use for the collar on Dredd?

Thanks brother! Actually that is what I did, I watched tons of pics of the props and cosplay one.

Thanks guys.
First thing I do before weathering anything is to put the clothing in a bath of water and acrylics.
Basically 50% water - 50% acrylics. Usually I mix black and brown.

Right after that put the shirt back on the body and shape it to look natural.
I use a big brush to accentuate the weathering on some areas. Black, brown, beige. I always work first with the lighter colour then darken it till I get the desired effect.

I also us chalk to give that dusty effect.

Once everything is dry I use sandpaper to distress it a bit more.

The key in weathering something is to not do too much otherwise it won't look natural.

Hope that helps, good luck and don't ruin your clothing :lol

Thanks SEB. The washes you brush on... are they also %50 acrylic to water or thinner?

How do you go about blood effects? Sweat?

Thanks SEB. The washes you brush on... are they also %50 acrylic to water or thinner?

How do you go about blood effects? Sweat?

It depends really on how much I want the weathering to be heavy or not. Thing you need to know is once wet the clothing are a darker colour os don't do too much.

For blood it is a mix of several shades from red, brown and black basically. I have a special mix for blood but I won't give that :panic:

For sweat i'm using gloss varnish.

It depends really on how much I want the weathering to be heavy or not. Thing you need to know is once wet the clothing are a darker colour os don't do too much.

For blood it is a mix of several shades from red, brown and black basically. I have a special mix for blood but I won't give that :panic:

For sweat i'm using gloss varnish.

Gotcha. The gloss varnish is for skin sweat AND clothes sweat?

An I was thinking... When you soak the clothes in the Acrylic water mix and then put it on the body to form won't the body be stained?

Gotcha. The gloss varnish is for skin sweat AND clothes sweat?

In my experience, just body sweat. It won't show up on clothes so I use watered-down brown acrylics for clothes sweat.

Pretty sure Seb said if you go with multiple layers of the varnish you can achieve the sweat/wet look.

Pretty sure Seb said if you go with multiple layers of the varnish you can achieve the sweat/wet look.

Indeed i'm also using clear gloss varnish for clothing, just needs several layers to get the right effect.

An I was thinking... When you soak the clothes in the Acrylic water mix and then put it on the body to form won't the body be stained?

Use a placeholder maybe ?

A zombie clown i'm working on.
Paint on the head isn't completely finished.
Awesome headsculpt by The Mad Bug.

IMG_0761_zps8d5d53de.jpg

IMG_0766_zps85df8977.jpg

IMG_0765_zps933d70d7.jpg

IMG_0767_zps75afae05.jpg

IMG_0762_zps1a0c7819.jpg

IMG_0763_zpsaec9c87e.jpg

IMG_0764_zps257d01b1.jpg

Re: ELVIS1976 custom's•TWD•S03 RICK GRIMES•MERLE•DREDD3D•ZOMBIE CLOWN

Nice paint on this zombie clown bro !!

Back