Media Elite: Dangerous

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I've thought about that. Have you tried using HOTAS in BF4? I am wondering if I will also be able to take advantage of it there. Since I play BF4 a lot.

BF4 doesn't really benefit from it much it as the flight dynamics are so bad. I have a very high end flight stick but never use it for BF. I got myself an Xbox one controller which works just fine. That said, if you have a stick and wish to use it, you can do so. The problem is that once you have programmed to controls, they interfere with the keyboard and mouse commands (on Pc at least) So you have to use the stick all of the time, if you try to use the mouse/keyboard even when the stick/controller isn't plugged in, the vehicle will go mad.

Boosted at the wrong point and blew myself up, clipping an outpost tower. Lost $1m of cargo :(
An hour later found by accident, the best short trade run I've ever found, netting me $300K round trip in my Asp ....made the $1M back ad a few million more in a 3 hours session.

Just want to kit out my Asp with B-level parts then I'm off exploring and mining.
I can't see myself trade grinding to get to the $50M+ ships.

I haven't done any trading yet, I find it boring even doing short runs in a fighter. I tend to just hunt down pirates and signal sources, it's more fun... but I am admittedly still very poor lol.

Right now, I'm also casually moving from station to station, and generally doing some hunting for cash.

I've got a Cobra, with almost generic loadout, and I'm slowly fitting it up with better bits and pieces. But I'm really aspiring to get an Asp, but I guess it's better to equip my Cobra first and then got the funds to get the Asp and a decent medium loadout in one go.

Any suggestions what do do at this level I am at? In a Cobra with low/medium loadout?

I've yet to read up on trading and stuff since I hear that there are big money to be had from doing "rare" and "luxury" or something. But I've mainly been a fighter. But I'm willing to adjust to where the money is for my level.

Don't know if I can handle 140-150k bounty hunting missions in my current ship?

Up to a Lakon-9 now with C class Frame shift and C class power plant, everything else D class, and class 2 turret guns! = about $80M+

500 ton cargo hold, while still carrying a class 5 shield = now making $900K per 15minute round trip :)

I haven't played since I last posted, not that I got bored or anything, I just go through phases of not gaming for long periods. I really should get back into this..

Anybody still playing this? I ended up buying the Horizons expansion after the adjusted the price. It's a strange game, I like it a lot! But often stop playing for no real reason for several months at a time ,but every time I go back I get a big grin on my face and remember just how good it is...

Anybody still playing this? I ended up buying the Horizons expansion after the adjusted the price. It's a strange game, I like it a lot! But often stop playing for no real reason for several months at a time ,but every time I go back I get a big grin on my face and remember just how good it is...

Elite is a journey, my friend, not a destination.

*takes pompous hat off*

I stopped playing in Oct2015 (I think) and started again a couple of weeks ago. So a near 6 month break.
Enormous changes to the game in that time including the first stage of planetary landing.

Even bigger ones coming over the next few months as avatars/bodies/faces are added to the game and we will finally see some life!
Engineers coming very soon which should change the game up and add in some different things to do.
There was a developer live stream recently and they talked about (in vague detail) things that are in the works to make exploring a lot more interesting.

Fun to see my old posts here. I'd forgotten.
I have about $350M in assets (I think) and alternate between an Anaconda, Python, Fer Der Lance, and Asp depending on my mood.

I'm baffled by the hardcore players that can play it constantly with no break but I think I'll always be around it.
I might stop playing again in a couple of months when I'm bored again because its really season 3 and season 4 that I'm most excited about.

1) Ability to get up out of your seat and walk around inside your ship
2) Ability to walk around inside space stations
3) Planetary landing with atmosphere! (Earth-like is hardest but Mars-like and gas giants will be awesome)

Frontier Developments seem to follow a 'slow and steady wins the race' mentality. Always worth checking back in and after long breaks.

Sounds interesting. If I were to get back, though, I'd like to try and use stick. Just don't feel like paying for a decent one. :/

Were you using a mouse? This may be why you were finding it so repetitive. Get yourself a stick, even if it's just a cheap one. I use a Thrustmaster Warthog (way overkill!!) With Trackir 5 (just get one and thank me later) and a set of combat pedals, this game with such a set up is so immersive that in a dark room and in the right frame of mood it draws you in completely. I'm not sure what it is that stops me playing the game consistently, I haven't played again for a few weeks but I will go back to it again and love every second. It's strange, I like the game a lot, what is there is great, it just needs something...

Elite is a journey, my friend, not a destination.

*takes pompous hat off*

I stopped playing in Oct2015 (I think) and started again a couple of weeks ago. So a near 6 month break.
Enormous changes to the game in that time including the first stage of planetary landing.

Even bigger ones coming over the next few months as avatars/bodies/faces are added to the game and we will finally see some life!
Engineers coming very soon which should change the game up and add in some different things to do.
There was a developer live stream recently and they talked about (in vague detail) things that are in the works to make exploring a lot more interesting.

Fun to see my old posts here. I'd forgotten.
I have about $350M in assets (I think) and alternate between an Anaconda, Python, Fer Der Lance, and Asp depending on my mood.

I'm baffled by the hardcore players that can play it constantly with no break but I think I'll always be around it.
I might stop playing again in a couple of months when I'm bored again because its really season 3 and season 4 that I'm most excited about.

1) Ability to get up out of your seat and walk around inside your ship
2) Ability to walk around inside space stations
3) Planetary landing with atmosphere! (Earth-like is hardest but Mars-like and gas giants will be awesome)

Frontier Developments seem to follow a 'slow and steady wins the race' mentality. Always worth checking back in and after long breaks.

I tend to agree, and I'm very much looking forward to all of the things you mentioned. I think the main thing lacking is the sense that you're all alone in this huge universe. Once we start seeing faces along with voices more regularly I think that will change some what. Also small things like personnel and ground crew in the docks would really add a sense of life. The game clearly has bags of potential and is great already in doses, it does some things very right. I would like a better sense of power from the weapons however, I remember Freespce 2 growing up, you knew when you'd hit something, in Elite, the weapons feel like pea shooters imo.

Did you seriously just hear about Elite Dangerous? It's been released for over a year on PC. No word yet on a release date for the consoles.

I don't have a PC, but I still want one for StarCraft 2!

WTF, Elite?!! Cool.
IS this out and for console?

Did you seriously just hear about Elite Dangerous? It's been released for over a year on PC. No word yet on a release date for the consoles.

Even better, its been out for 2 years on PC.
And was released on Xbox One in Oct 2015!
(supposedly a timed console exclusive with it due out on PS4 at end of this year)
:D

Back