Eli Roth's 'Green Inferno'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he's just trying to impress his buddy Tarantino, knowing QT love's over the top violence.
But Quentin makes sure he has a solid script first.

He also criticized the Shining--one of the greatest horror movies ever--even if his primary beef seemed to be the liberties Kubrick took. Great writer, but his opinions on films can be suspect to say the least.

That's King's ego coming into play there.

No. Roth said that the most amazing thing a film ever did to him was make him throw up when he watched the chestburster scene in the original ALIEN as a kid. So as a filmmaker he simply makes it his mission to try and outgross his previous efforts in an attempt to nauseate his audience. It really is his goal as a filmmaker.

:slap Well, at least he knows what he wants...

even though I never watch these kind of films, from what I've read about other films like Human Centipede 2 for example, it seems like such a waste of time and money if your only goal is to try and make a film grosser than the previous. It's not like this film is a original idea or anything either. I'm surprised this even made it to theaters. He must have street cred or something :dunno

I already know I would never make it through this movie, so I read a bunch of reviews for it. Just another "endurance" film with not much substance. I guess maybe Roth is trying to send a message about activism? I dunno, but I think there is a sequel in the works already.

No. Roth said that the most amazing thing a film ever did to him was make him throw up when he watched the chestburster scene in the original ALIEN as a kid. So as a filmmaker he simply makes it his mission to try and outgross his previous efforts in an attempt to nauseate his audience. It really is his goal as a filmmaker.

this movie DOES have a message, It IS against online activism

more particularly, it is about the NEW college, social-justice PC-twitter activism of today.

he said it himself. It is mean to mock those kids that post crap like "Like this on facebook if you want to help kids in Africa" or whatever.

making fun of the people that use twitter to protest injustice in the world but never even step out of their house.

Eli Roth's 'Green Inferno' devours the Internet's 'social justice warriors' - LA Times

Eli Roth's 'The Green Inferno' Is a Jab At Social Media! -

Last edited:
I'm in. Never bothered with Hostel, but I've been in need of true gore ever since Evil Dead remake stopped short of that chick carving her whole face off.

Here's hoping he goes all the way...

He did Cabin Fever and I thought it was very good. It was filmed at my old Boy Scout place Camp Raven Knob. The leg shaving scene...yikes.

Anyone see it yet? Just curious. I have off Tuesday and may go see it for $5 Tuesdays at the theatre by my house.

I went and watched it since I really like Cabin Fever. IMO it was terrible, just outright terrible. It wasn't even campy horror good. Save the $5.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
this movie DOES have a message, It IS against online activism

more particularly, it is about the NEW college, social-justice PC-twitter activism of today.

he said it himself. It is mean to mock those kids that post crap like "Like this on facebook if you want to help kids in Africa" or whatever.

making fun of the people that use twitter to protest injustice in the world but never even step out of their house.

Eli Roth's 'Green Inferno' devours the Internet's 'social justice warriors' - LA Times

Eli Roth's 'The Green Inferno' Is a Jab At Social Media! -

Eli enjoys tweaking kids - Cabin Fever, the first two Hostels. Especially white, middle-class kids.

For the heck of it I read a synopsis of the entire plot, complete with spoilers about all the gore, etc. It honestly sounds like something a bunch of 8 year olds would have thought up when trying to gross each other out at a slumber party. With a dash of marijuana humor added to the mix.

I went and watched it since I really like Cabin Fever. IMO it was terrible, just outright terrible. It wasn't even campy horror good. Save the $5.

Spoiler Spoiler:

wow, movies are cheap in your area. They are like $10 over here. And yea, that's the last thing any real person would be doing in that situation. How did other people around you react to the movie?

For the heck of it I read a synopsis of the entire plot, complete with spoilers about all the gore, etc. It honestly sounds like something a bunch of 8 year olds would have thought up when trying to gross each other out at a slumber party. With a dash of marijuana humor added to the mix.

which site did you find full spoilers? I can never find a good site. I can read them, but not interested in seeing them lol

Back