Eli Roth's 'Green Inferno'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks...like a movie.

I am not a fan of the trend of upbeat songs being redone to sound haunting and ominous with sparse music and breathy female vocals. They did that for San Andreas and something else recently.

Horror Master?

So pretty much a remake of Cannibal Holocaust.

Was just about to post that. Don't understand what the big deal is with Roth, the best thing he's ever made is that fake Nazi propaganda movie featured in Inglourious Basterds.

not interested in movies that need large amounts of gore to even be mentioned. This will no doubt be another from him

So, two hours of 'homage' passed off as ground-breaking horror for a new generation? I'd probably have more respect for Roth if he openly went the whole Gus Van Sant Psycho route and just started churning out shot for shot remakes at this point.

I see its gotten Stephen King's endorsement. But he also endorsed Oculus..... :monkey1

He also criticized the Shining--one of the greatest horror movies ever--even if his primary beef seemed to be the liberties Kubrick took. Great writer, but his opinions on films can be suspect to say the least.

I already know I would never make it through this movie, so I read a bunch of reviews for it. Just another "endurance" film with not much substance. I guess maybe Roth is trying to send a message about activism? I dunno, but I think there is a sequel in the works already.

I guess maybe Roth is trying to send a message about activism?

No. Roth said that the most amazing thing a film ever did to him was make him throw up when he watched the chestburster scene in the original ALIEN as a kid. So as a filmmaker he simply makes it his mission to try and outgross his previous efforts in an attempt to nauseate his audience. It really is his goal as a filmmaker.

Back