elektra white comiquette!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seems like there are about 150 of these on ebay...
I don't understand why people buy stuff they don't want so that they can immediately turn around and sell it (often to the very same people they talk to and our friendly with on message boards) on ebay to make a few bucks, denying others who truly want it the opportunity to buy it at the original price. Seems kind of tacky to me. There are much better ways of making money, like getting an education and a job...

I don't understand why people buy stuff they don't want so that they can immediately turn around and sell it (often to the very same people they talk to and our friendly with on message boards) on ebay to make a few bucks, denying others who truly want it the opportunity to buy it at the original price. Seems kind of tacky to me. There are much better ways of making money, like getting an education and a job...

Yea true enough...but BUT!! But then again, isn't the stock market works the same way? People do the same thing with houses....they're called flippers! Heck people do it to old automobiles and antiques. I haven't done it of course. But then again, I am poor. :mad:

Yeah, seen quite a few sell for over $400 and up already. It would be interesting to see how many actually landed up in the hands of non-flippers who don't plan to resell. Many have multiple accounts too, saw a flipper with 5 of them to sell..... I think he sold 3 so far.

Yeah, seen quite a few sell for over $400 and up already. It would be interesting to see how many actually landed up in the hands of non-flippers who don't plan to resell. Many have multiple accounts too, saw a flipper with 5 of them to sell..... I think he sold 3 so far.

at a Disney board I'm on we have another name for "flippers", we call them "scalper scum"

I call them scalper scum because it truly describes what they are. The term flipper is very benign sounding, sort of excusing the action as if it were no big deal: "just a simple flip". Actually no, it means someone else will have to pay the scalper scum a bunch of money to buy something they could have bought for a lot less money if the scalper scum hadn't gotten in the way and scalped it in the first place. Scalper scum is a much more befitting name.

at a Disney board I'm on we have another name for "flippers", we call them "scalper scum"

I call them scalper scum because it truly describes what they are. The term flipper is very benign sounding, sort of excusing the action as if it were no big deal: "just a simple flip". Actually no, it means someone else will have to pay the scalper scum a bunch of money to buy something they could have bought for a lot less money if the scalper scum hadn't gotten in the way and scalped it in the first place. Scalper scum is a much more befitting name.

True enough. But if you think flippers are "scalper scum", what would you call those who sell fakes? Like the Hulk PF for like $1,000. I never like flippers of course....they help artificially jack the price. But its the fakes that I worried the most.

Yea true enough...but BUT!! But then again, isn't the stock market works the same way? People do the same thing with houses....they're called flippers! Heck people do it to old automobiles and antiques. I haven't done it of course. But then again, I am poor. :mad:

Of course, this is just my opinion and others see it differently. Luckily (although Obama would like to change it) we still live in a capitalist country where people can make a buck any way they can as long as its legal (and being scalper scum is certainly legal). The stock market is impersonal. And if someone finds themselves in a tight financial situation and they need to sell a staute they've had for some time, of course, they should sell it for what the secondary market value is.

But what I'm talking about is that, in my opinion, it is in such poor taste to, for example, become friends with people, become a member of a message board community, and then when something like the white elektra happens, those friendships and message board relationships go out the window and immediately the scalper scum mentality takes hold and immediately they buy it and immediately they put it on ebay for double. And now the very same guy that you were having a nice friendly chat with on the message board has to pay you to get what he really wants for his collection because you scalped it. It just seems very un-neighborly, in very poor taste.

What should happen is that the large community of people on these message boards, as soon as something so limited comes up for sale, should buy them all up before the scalper scum get them and then, if they don't want them for themselves, sell them to their friends, who really want it, here on the message board for the retail cost, not a penny more. In other words, the message board truly becomes a place where people help each other. I think its much more postive to help the guy you talk to all the time on the message board get a statue he really wants then to sneak around with secret ebay names selling the stuff to make some extra money. Kinda scummy. Hence, scalper scum. Flipper was a nice, friendly dolphin who would go out of this way to help people. Definitely the term should not be used for scalper scum activity.

Last edited:
True enough. But if you think flippers are "scalper scum", what would you call those who sell fakes? Like the Hulk PF for like $1,000. I never like flippers of course....they help artificially jack the price. But its the fakes that I worried the most.

Agreed, those who sell fakes are much much worse.

Of course, this is just my opinion and others see it differently. Luckily (although Obama would like to change it) we still live in a capitalist country where people can make a buck any way they can as long as its legal (and being scalper scum is certainly legal). The stock market is impersonal. And if someone finds themselves in a tight financial situation and they need to sell a staute they've had for some time, of course, they should sell it for what the secondary market value is.

But what I'm talking about is that, in my opinion, it is in such poor taste to, for example, become friends with people, become a member of a message board community, and then when something like the white elektra happens, those friendships and message board relationships go out hte window and immediately the scalper scum mentality takes hold and immediately they buy it and immediately they put it on ebay for double. And now the very same guy that you were having a nice friendly chat with on the message board has to pay you to get what he really wants for his collection because you scalped it. It just seems very un-neighborly, in very poor taste.

What should happen is that the large community of people on these message boards, as soon as, something so limited comes up for sale, should buy them all up before the scalper scum get them and then, if they don't want them for themselves, sell them to their friends, who really want it, here on the message board for the retail cost, not a penny more. In other words, the message board truly becomes a place where people help each other. I think its much more postive to help the guy you talk to all the time on the message board get a statue he really wants then to sneak around with secret ebay names selling the stuff to make some extra money. Kinda scummy. Hence, scalper scum. Flipper was a nice, friendly dolphin who would go out of this way to help people. Definitely the term should not be used for scalper scum activity.

I've seen both sides here: offers to order or transfer orders to other members for free and some who order multiples using different accounts just to scalp it. So there are still some good peeps here. Flippers have become so prolific that they have substantially helped to raise the ES enough that they are now having trouble unloading for a good price. Look at the number of red/white elektras and punishers out there now. I think white e may be one of the last of the flipperfodder. I guess that's how the cookie crumbles!

I've seen both sides here: offers to order or transfer orders to other members for free and some who order multiples using different accounts just to scalp it. So there are still some good peeps here. Flippers have become so prolific that they have substantially helped to raise the ES enough that they are now having trouble unloading for a good price. Look at the number of red/white elektras and punishers out there now. I think white e may be one of the last of the flipperfodder. I guess that's how the cookie crumbles!

Hmmm, are we going through a SS' ES crisis?!! :google

Hmmm, are we going through a SS' ES crisis?!! :google

not sure whether it's due to increased popularity, SS upping the numbers, increasing 'buy everything cancel later" mentality or flippers but the ES seem to be spiralling up.

Recently,
-- 400 ES Undying Carcass (EX) - SS own brande and not from any previous popular media
-- 400 Bullseye (EX) - terribad sculpt, WL conversions immediately for EXes.
--750 Ms Marvel PF (EX) - not as well known as some of the others and yet higher ES than Wolverine PF (700)

I'm sure there are other examples. ES have been showing an upward trend though which is going to foil many flippers.

Yes, I know. I was trying to make a half joke...linking it to the economic crisis here in the US and other countries.

I am anti scalper, but if scalping is to be discussed, let it be in my new thread, and leave this one clean. Shell is getting tired of cleaning it up.
Carry on here https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71988&page=44

the white elektra will be had for marginally more than msrp in due time. the going rate is already down to $350...

I'm still looking for a white Elektra for $300 shipped. Preferably $265 shipped. .

I'm looking for one for $214.99, the original retail price, plus whatever the shipping from sideshow was and then the shipping to me plus a big thank you from me and the promise that if I can ever return the favor and get the person something at SDCC or wherever, I will do so. Its called helping each other out instead of being scalper scum.

I'm still looking for a white Elektra for $300 shipped. Preferably $265 shipped. .

Maybe you'll get it in the near future. As for me, Elektra just ain't my type. I like a few but I am very selective at buying. Missed Mystique and Emma Frost, maybe Rogue and Phoenix will be in my future. :mad:

Maybe you'll get it in the near future. As for me, Elektra just ain't my type. I like a few but I am very selective at buying. Missed Mystique and Emma Frost, maybe Rogue and Phoenix will be in my future. :mad:

I have worn only white for over 13 years, So I like white.

Back