Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I've finished the main story quests - the dragon one and then the one with Stormcloaks vs Imperials. I sided with the Stormcloaks. I'm also the Harbinger of the Companions, the archmage of the college, the head of the thieve's Guild, Thane of Whiterun.

Now finishing up side missions and trying to find and clear all locations. I've got 4 of those crazy masks - don't know what they are called - but hoping to find the remaining 4 (I think there are 8 total) as well as all the pieces of that one that crown.

Should keep me busy for awhile still. I think I'm at level 37 now...will have to log back on to double check. I've got so much money and so much stuff in trunks and safes at my 3 homes....I have stopped even picking stuff up unless it's something unique that I don't have in my collection. I've got all the elves armor and weapons as well as the orcs. Got all the glass weapons. I have some display cases in one of my homes but I can't seem to put anything in them. I can open or close the case, but when I try to drop something in it, it just falls to the floor. There is no activate option like there is with the bookcases. Any of you been able to figure out how to put something in the display cases?

Well I've finished the main story quests - the dragon one and then the one with Stormcloaks vs Imperials. I sided with the Stormcloaks. I'm also the Harbinger of the Companions, the archmage of the college, the head of the thieve's Guild, Thane of Whiterun.

Now finishing up side missions and trying to find and clear all locations. I've got 4 of those crazy masks - don't know what they are called - but hoping to find the remaining 4 (I think there are 8 total) as well as all the pieces of that one that crown.

Should keep me busy for awhile still. I think I'm at level 37 now...will have to log back on to double check. I've got so much money and so much stuff in trunks and safes at my 3 homes....I have stopped even picking stuff up unless it's something unique that I don't have in my collection. I've got all the elves armor and weapons as well as the orcs. Got all the glass weapons. I have some display cases in one of my homes but I can't seem to put anything in them. I can open or close the case, but when I try to drop something in it, it just falls to the floor. There is no activate option like there is with the bookcases. Any of you been able to figure out how to put something in the display cases?

It's prolly the same glitch I've been running into. Can you place weapons on the racks and plaques?

Wow finished all the main quests and only level 37?

]

If you hold down the A button on the 360 you can pick stuff up and put it where you like.

It's prolly the same glitch I've been running into. Can you place weapons on the racks and plaques?

It doesn't give me the option to activate them - like I can with the bookshelves and the mannequins. I've tried the racks, but not the plaques.

Wow finished all the main quests and only level 37?

Well - I finished the two main quests. :lol I've really focused my skill points on heavy armor, one handed weapons/swords and destruction/restoration spells. I run around a lot and clear out caves/forts/ruins/etc...so the levels that I am at for all of those is quite high - mid 80's for most of them. I also did training with masters in those fields.

If you hold down the A button on the 360 you can pick stuff up and put it where you like.

I'll try that - thanks! :duff

It doesn't give me the option to activate them - like I can with the bookshelves and the mannequins. I've tried the racks, but not the plaques.

If it doesn't give you the option to activate it it's glitched, and should be for both the racks and plaques. It happens for me in the house in Whiterun, so this time I purchased the Riften house and they work fine. I actually saved then went and bought Whiterun and they didn't work so its defiantly bugged. Had to reload. As for glass display cases I haven't tried to put anything in any of them (arch mage courters) but they don't activate like a plaque,rack or bookcase but instead you place object in them like toylion said. I'm gonna buy the Windholm house next and i'll let you know if I run into strange with them there.

Last edited:
started it last night when i got home. rolled an orc and was running around bashing everything in the prologue, escaped, found a bandit camp, killed them, used all my lock picks trying to break into a house i found, attacked some necromancer up to some shenanigans by the lake, saw the ruins on the mountain-side and decided to check them out, ended up in a barrow in the middle of the night, wind blowing, snow driving, fought some giant-ass spider, freed a thief who immediatley ran off, then got hacked up by three pissed off undead...epic.

amazing game, completely sucked me in. my "i'll just roll my character and then go to to bed because i have to work early" turned into "holy crap its 2am and i have to get up in three hours."

completely worth it and it totally so far lives up to the hype. i may re-roll my character though since it is the same type i'm playing in wow. i kind of want to roll something and check out necromancy. something about fighting that acolyte beside the lake in the middle of the night was just too cool.

anyway, i think it is awesome. can't wait to bolt work and may think of some reasons i need to 'work from home' today.

started it last night when i got home. rolled an orc and was running around bashing everything in the prologue, escaped, found a bandit camp, killed them, used all my lock picks trying to break into a house i found, attacked some necromancer up to some shenanigans by the lake, saw the ruins on the mountain-side and decided to check them out, ended up in a barrow in the middle of the night, wind blowing, snow driving, fought some giant-ass spider, freed a thief who immediatley ran off, then got hacked up by three pissed off undead...epic.

amazing game, completely sucked me in. my "i'll just roll my character and then go to to bed because i have to work early" turned into "holy crap its 2am and i have to get up in three hours."

completely worth it and it totally so far lives up to the hype. i may re-roll my character though since it is the same type i'm playing in wow. i kind of want to roll something and check out necromancy. something about fighting that acolyte beside the lake in the middle of the night was just too cool.

anyway, i think it is awesome. can't wait to bolt work and may think of some reasons i need to 'work from home' today.

:goodpost:

man this game neeeds a patch so bad.

the game is awsome but when i see glitches it breaks the experience.
are you guys having issues loading save games ?

my ps3 froze 2 times loading my save files.

cant wait for the patch next week.

man this game neeeds a patch so bad.

the game is awsome but when i see glitches it breaks the experience.
are you guys having issues loading save games ?

my ps3 froze 2 times loading my save files.

cant wait for the patch next week.

playing on the 360!!!! no issues here as of yet. most of the glitches are funny as hell. i sat at a table last night and all the food was bouncing up and down. i got a chuckle!!!!!

I'm playing on a 360 as well and the only glitch I have seen was a couple weapons floating in the air.

That and me not being able to activate some weapon racks in my home.

I've got homes in Riften, Whiterun, Windhelm and then the archmage's quarters at the college. The home you get in Windhelm is definitely the nicest. You can get an armory with mannequins to display your armor, display cases and weapon racks. Now if I can get them to work. :lol

If possible, I want to get homes in all of the holds. I really like Markarth - hopefully I can buy a house there (haven't tried yet).

Do any of you know how to become a FULL member of the theive's guild and how to bring it back to glory? I'm the damn leader of the guild, so I don't get how I am not a full member yet. :lol Just read that I need to do 5 jobs in each hold then a special assignment before I get that achievement. Well I should be almost there at this point. :yess:

Back