Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my first crash tonight. Couldn't even dashboard. Had to reboot. I was casting a lightening rune spell at the moment it happened. Not sure if that was a coincidence or more to it.QUOTE]

Mine froze once as well and had o turn off then turn on the 360. Fallout used to do that often as well.

I had it crash on me twice... once on a load screen after walking into a cave screen went black, another time after the first quest, also had an issue with it lagging on ps3 had to restart the game to repair it. only happened once.

Overall ive been playing it non stop all week so it truely has been running fine lol with the amount of hours played.

I am using the Warrior Stone that gives me 20%+ increase in skill leveling.

I'm using the Warrior Stone too. Level 19 now - got my sword, destruction and rejuvination (or whatever it's called - the healing magic) all up to 49. I think my heavy armor is around 37.

I usually keep heal in my left and a good sword in my right. Though I have fought some bosses that either zapped my magic energy or they did some kind of shout thing that caused my sword to fly out of my hands. In those instances I either had to rely purely on using weapons or only using magic.

Been working lately on side quests and misc. missions. Next time I play I am going to go back to the main quests.

its so easy to get sidetracked... im a sucker for side quests i never finished oblivion... i dont think i got half way through the main quests... i wont let it happen this time though ive only done the first couple of main quests lol! but ive decided to go straight back on completion of the dark brotherhood.

It is easy to get side tracked. I'm really loving the game. I just became Archmage of the Mage college, and happily got the quarters. My only complaint is there is no customizing the archmage quarters to my knowledge. I understand if you buy a house in one of the cities you have the ability to add things like book cases. I have a ton of books, and i try to put them on the shelves but the just drop on the ground.

It is easy to get side tracked. I'm really loving the game. I just became Archmage of the Mage college, and happily got the quarters. My only complaint is there is no customizing the archmage quarters to my knowledge. I understand if you buy a house in one of the cities you have the ability to add things like book cases. I have a ton of books, and i try to put them on the shelves but the just drop on the ground.

I did that quest also and became Archmage of the college. I'm not sure if I will or even can do the Dark Brotherhood quests. One, I want to stay good and two, I wonder if now that I am Archmage if I would even be able to go over there?

I bought one house before I became archmage. If you walk up to the bookcase and click to activate it, it will put your books on the shelves.

I've got so much stuff in trunks and safes - I can't really sell much because the sellers keep running out of money. I've kinda stopped picking up stuff unless it's very light weight or something rare because I've got too much stored away.

Just remember the source. :D

That is true.

I am lvl 2 now and you guys are going to hate me but I am not feeling this game right now. the 5min of uncharted 3 sucked me right in.
I might of made a mistake buying this game.
i feel its going to have the same out come as oblivion for me.
started it and never finished it.

the graphics on the consoles dont looks that great. mybe on the pc will be
better. The ps3 version has huge frame rate issues and there is no point getting it on 360 because it runs the same or worst. pc version has lots of issues.

I dont know what to think of this game right now with all this other tittles coming out.
I know skyrim is not about graphics but I want to see better graphics and uncharted 3 for me is such a better adventure and it looks unreal.
no way this is game of the year for me.

Last edited:
I thought it was too, but it was true in this case, alot of what that particular chick said is not even close to accurate.

You thought it was rude too? You are the one who said it. :lol

I understand that particular gal may have been grossly misinformed, but I took exception to you saying women don't know what they are talking about when it comes to video games.

I am lvl 2 now and you guys are going to hate me but I am not feeling this game right now. the 5min of uncharted 3 sucked me right in.

better.

I dont know what to think of this game right now with all this other tittles coming out.

That sucks, I dunno for me this game blows every game, released this year, out of the water.

RPG isnt for every one and is very time consuming, but id give it a chance dude you havnt seen anything if your only lvl 2 play to atleast lvl 10 and tell us what you think.

better.

I know skyrim is not about graphics but I want to see better graphics and uncharted 3 for me is such a better adventure and it looks unreal.

I never made it out of the sewers in Oblivion and gave up on that game - not that it was too hard...just because I wasn't impressed. I know I didn't give it a chance, and will try it again after I finish Skyrim. I have to say that if you give it a few more hours and start on the MAIN quests - doing a few of those, you may find yourself getting hooked. The first couple hours I played, I was just trying to figure everything out and not get myself killed as I tried to get to locations.

I'm really loving it and want to do EVERYTHING at this point. :lol

You thought it was rude too? You are the one who said it. :lol

I understand that particular gal may have been grossly misinformed, but I took exception to you saying women don't know what they are talking about when it comes to video games.

I thought maybe some of the girl gamers might be offended a little, sorry, but after playing the game and seeing that everything is the opposite to what this one woman said she should no be allowed on air and talk about video games again.:lecture

I thought maybe some of the girl gamers might be offended a little, sorry, but after playing the game and seeing that everything is the opposite to what this one woman said she should no be allowed on air and talk about video games again.:lecture

If she is the one that also thought being Dragonborn meant your character's mother must have slept with a dragon or something along those lines...then yes, I would agree that as a reviewer, she sucks.

I never made it out of the sewers in Oblivion and gave up on that game - not that it was too hard...just because I wasn't impressed. I know I didn't give it a chance, and will try it again after I finish Skyrim.

If you didn't care for Oblivion before you sure wont after Skyrim. It will be unbearable to play after skyrim because the graphics will suck in comparison, the fighting wont be as good. You should of played it before Skyrim because it was one of the best games ever made at it's time.

If she is the one that also thought being Dragonborn meant your character's mother must have slept with a dragon or something along those lines...then yes, I would agree that as a reviewer, she sucks.

Actually l think it was a different girl.:slap

If you didn't care for Oblivion before you sure wont after Skyrim. It will be unbearable to play after skyrim because the graphics will suck in comparison, the fighting wont be as good. You should of played it before Skyrim because it was one of the best games ever made at it's time.

To be honest, it was the graphics that turned me off the first time. But I'm really loving the story, so if that one is 1/2 as good, I may be able to stick with it.

Back