Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Elder Scrolls V

Why would they continue to use the Gamebryo engine? I thought I heard they were done using that?

We're using the engine in a project with the studio I'm working with and it really is the worst engine of this generation, just a big piece of crap

I was hoping they'd use the engine/technology from id that they paid all that money for.

Great news. Oblivion is one if the only RPG's that I made sure I did "everything" in the game including the achievements.

Looking forward to this one a lot.

well, l just finished fallout 3, and l thought the graphics for 360 were pretty good. fallout 3 graphics on the PS3 sucks though. l do not know how you can play Oblivion or Fallout 3 in 3rd person though. its horrible that way.

Don't get me wrong, the Fallout games look a lot better than the majority of games but the character models are mediocre.

For me the 3rd person view is the lesser of two evils, the basic walking and running animations look BAD but if I play in first person I'll not be able to play for more than 15 minutes at a time without getting a headache............I always feel anything less than a hour on a game of that type is hardly worth it.

They shouldve licensed the Rockstar Red Dead Redemption engine:
Horses: Perfect
Character models: Perfect
Enviroment/Weather: Perfect

I was so disappointed with New Vegas. I loved Fallout 3, but New Vegas just felt like more of the same.

I am so looking forward to this however, Oblivion was incredible, and I'm not really in to all this Lord of the Rings style fantasy stuff.

One thing I hope they skip however, are the trips to the Oblivion realm. That is where the previous game really fell off for me.

Too much fire and too much red = BORING.

Man, they better have a rebuild Kavatch mission.
Everyone was screaming for that as a dlc for Oblivion, but it never materialized.

I think I logged around 212 hours in Oblivion and only completed 12% of the games story and I sold it off after losing interest. I'm not sure if I can devote the time to this type of game anymore but I'm definitely interested.

Wish the new ES would read your last save from Obliv and import the character, but I wont get my hopes up.

I was so disappointed with New Vegas. I loved Fallout 3, but New Vegas just felt like more of the same.

I am so looking forward to this however, Oblivion was incredible, and I'm not really in to all this Lord of the Rings style fantasy stuff.

One thing I hope they skip however, are the trips to the Oblivion realm. That is where the previous game really fell off for me.

Too much fire and too much red = BORING.

Opposed to the pretty bland and basic colors of Fallout 3?

Get ready to return to Cyrodiil.
November 23, 2010

Level 7
by Jim Reilly
According to a new report from Eurogamer Denmark, Bethesda Softworks is currently developing a fifth title in the Elder Scrolls series and that the game will be a direct sequel to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, released in 2006

An unnamed source confirmed "with official game documents in hand" that a new title is in development and the voice acting for the characters is being recorded in the coming weeks.

When asked for comment on the report, a Bethesda spokesperson said the company does not comment on rumor or speculation.

In an interview with IGN at Quakecon in August, Bethesda Game Director Todd Howard confirmed the developer's new, and still unannounced, title would not be using id Software's Rage engine, id Tech 5. Instead, Bethesda has created an entirely new game engine.

Bethesda also recently filed a trademark for an Oblivion movie.

Wish the new ES would read your last save from Obliv and import the character, but I wont get my hopes up.

l hope not. l deleted my whole game, and the DLC Shivering Isles a few months ago.

Get ready to return to Cyrodiil.

Bethesda also recently filed a trademark for an Oblivion movie.

a movie is a complete fail. any movie based on games just never works.

Opposed to the pretty bland and basic colors of Fallout 3?

What has that got to do with anything I said? Where was I comparing the two?

I didn't particularly enjoy being taken away from the lush greenery of Cyrodil and dumped into a fiery crap hole.

l hope not. l deleted my whole game, and the DLC Shivering Isles a few months ago.

a movie is a complete fail. any movie based on games just never works.

It usually only works if they borrow ideas from the game but make their own movie.

What has that got to do with anything I said? Where was I comparing the two?

I didn't particularly enjoy being taken away from the lush greenery of Cyrodil and dumped into a fiery crap hole.

You didn't like the fiery crap hole but you like the poop color world of Fallout 3?

You weren't comparing anything, I was comparing your interesting opinion on not liking all the red of oblivion but you didn't say one thing about how BORING looking Fallout 3 was. (BTW I love Fallout 3)

Back