Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Online articles indicating Dawnguard is not working on PS3, and it may never get released for that console

The unfortunate thing about that is that not only does it mean I won't be buying Skyrim for PS3, it also means I won't be buying Dishonored for PS3 either.

It's only troublesome for me because that means I need to focus on upgrading my PC.

The unfortunate thing about that is that not only does it mean I won't be buying Skyrim for PS3, it also means I won't be buying Dishonored for PS3 either.

It's only troublesome for me because that means I need to focus on upgrading my PC.

Dishonored is a different game by a different developer. Bethesda has always had problems with developing their open world games on the PS3, but that shouldn't stop people from getting Bethesda published games. It's safe to say that games like Skyrim are unique and present a specific challenge to the developer regardless of the hardware, but especially to the PS3.

Online articles indicating Dawnguard is not working on PS3, and it may never get released for that console

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/08/31/dawnguard-may-not-be-coming-to-playstation-3.aspx

What the hell has happened to Bethesda? Maybe they should not be so greedy with the DLC and just pack it in the game in the first place - at least then they'd know if it worked.

Bethesda had utterly amazed me with Oblivion and now they've utterly disappointed me with Skyrim. I don't care how good their next game looks, I'm not buying it till a few months after the release just to be sure, if at all.

Agreed. What a giant middle finger to those that bought the PS3 version day one. The back of the box clearly states that the game supports both DLC and trophies. They promised something that they could not deliver. They issued an apology to PS3 owners, but if they were truly sorry, they would stop producing PS3 copies of the game and stop profiting off of a completely broken and incomplete game.

Bethesda sure does have its problems with glitches and now integrating DLC, which is one reason I've never bought any of their games Day 1. I've always waited until all of the DLC comes out and just buy the inevitable GOTY version. At that point, all the errors that they can fix have been fixed and its certain that the DLC is problem free.

Plus I only buy their games for the 360 so to all you unfortunate PS3 users out there :nana:

Agreed. What a giant middle finger to those that bought the PS3 version day one. The back of the box clearly states that the game supports both DLC and trophies. They promised something that they could not deliver. They issued an apology to PS3 owners, but if they were truly sorry, they would stop producing PS3 copies of the game and stop profiting off of a completely broken and incomplete game.

Yea, I mean that's the thing. I have a PS3 and my friend has an Xbox, that we both play reuglarly. I've come to expect that both systems have their exlcusives - Xbox with Halo and PS3 with Demon's Souls, for example. If Bethesda didn't properly playtest Skyrim (all of it - they needed to build several characters and take them to super-high levels exploring the whole landscape to properly playtest it) for PS3 then they should have just made it an Xbox only game. But it's the half-assed way they're trying to make the PS3 version work that's annoying.

Even Xbox useds who are unaffected by this should still take note.

I was initially happy that I got it for the PC, where I could take advantage of graphical and gameplay mods, and for the fact that I knew Bethesda was going to *****k this game up, and leave it up to the modding community to fix it for them for free. My happiness for the game soon faded. The amount of times I've encountered glitches, be it giants shooting me 1000 feet in the air, falling through the map, quests breaking, audio glitches, texture glitches, NPC's that float away, instant unexplained deaths, etc... It all stinks of a ****ty, rush-job. I'm immediately removed from the game-world when I encounter bug after bug. The scale of the game is absolutely not a excuse.

Besides the bugs, the animations are still complete ****, having not been improved from Oblivion, the draw distance is garbage, which should absolutely not be an issue considering this game is to be an epic of massive scale, the same 5 voice actors for every character in the game is grating. The promised DLC not coming to PS3 is just the tip of the **** iceberg. Bethesda is becoming a monster. I cannot **** on this game enough. Everytime I see the Skyrim icon on steam I'm reminded of the dissapointment. This after the ****-show that was New Vegas, although to be fair it wasn't developed in-house. In short, I'm never buying a Bethesda game again. /rant.

Lydia no longer says wearily," I'm sworn to carry your burdens" when u ask her to take or give gear and loot.
But rather " I'm yours to command".
The change comes with the Hearthfire DLC.

It was pretty frigging annoying.

Edit: Spoke to soon, she still says it sometimes.

Last edited:
Lydia no longer says wearily," I'm sworn to carry your burdens" when u ask her to take or give gear and loot.
But rather " I'm yours to command".
The change comes with the Hearthfire DLC.

It was pretty frigging annoying.

Edit: Spoke to soon, she still says it sometimes.

I have Hearthfire, but nothings happening. What are you suppose to do? LOL

The normal 'publishers are greedy, the DLC should just be free and be in the game!' argument doesn't really apply to Bethesda and their games.

A normal game is considered on the large size at 20+ hours.
Bethesda give you 100+ and easily 200+ if you want to do everything.
To say that you've been ripped off or they are greedy is just silly.

...though I understand PS3 users disappointment that they may not play Dawnguard as it is a great addition.

The normal 'publishers are greedy, the DLC should just be free and be in the game!' argument doesn't really apply to Bethesda and their games.

A normal game is considered on the large size at 20+ hours.
Bethesda give you 100+ and easily 200+ if you want to do everything.
To say that you've been ripped off or they are greedy is just silly.

...though I understand PS3 users disappointment that they may not play Dawnguard as it is a great addition.

It doesn't matter if it's 1,000 hrs, if the game doesn't work properly then it's still a fail. I bought Skyrim on day one for the PS3 and had problems with on day one. I don't care how big the game is - if Bethesda can't handle things at that level, then they should have made Skyrim a 20 hrs game.

And I'm not saying that I deserve a DLC for free, but if Bethesda is going to offer it, they should have told us who would be getting it in the first place. All PS3 users who bought Skyrim have been looking forward to this DLC, because Bethesda told us it was going to happen - for all systems. Hell, I'm sure if people knew the DLC wasn't going to be there for PS3, then maybe they would have bought the game for Xbox or PC.

Realistically, Bethesda had to have known there was an issue with the PS3 DLC for some time and are only now choosing to tell us. That to me is greedy.

It doesn't matter if it's 1,000 hrs, if the game doesn't work properly then it's still a fail. I bought Skyrim on day one for the PS3 and had problems with on day one. I don't care how big the game is - if Bethesda can't handle things at that level, then they should have made Skyrim a 20 hrs game.

And I'm not saying that I deserve a DLC for free, but if Bethesda is going to offer it, they should have told us who would be getting it in the first place. All PS3 users who bought Skyrim have been looking forward to this DLC, because Bethesda told us it was going to happen - for all systems. Hell, I'm sure if people knew the DLC wasn't going to be there for PS3, then maybe they would have bought the game for Xbox or PC.

Realistically, Bethesda had to have known there was an issue with the PS3 DLC for some time and are only now choosing to tell us. That to me is greedy.

Excellent post. As I mentioned before, the DLC was promised to PS3 owners on the back of the box, where it clearly states the game supports DLC. Not only is it specified here, but DLC was promised for the PS3 at various convention announcements and official websites by Bethesda staff.

What bothers me is that the late announcement that no DLC was coming to the playstation was not the fault of Bethesda the developer. I'm sure they did all they could given the strict deadline they were given-- it was the fault of Bethesda the publishing staff, and Bethesda higher-ups.

I agree that the length of the game is most certainly not a barometer for quality. How much of the time spent playing the game is just getting from point A to point B? Not once was I wowed by a vista in Skyrim, even after setting everything to max, downloading the improved texture package (suprised I wasn't charged for that one), and replacing game files and commands with superior ones in the name of graphics. In short I wasn't having fun in between quests because the gameworld is so barren. How much of the "stuff" in between point A and point B is copy and pasted trees and rocks? I'd hardly consider getting from point A to B gameplay. It's just a grind--a way to artificially stretch the time spent in game, and fast-travelling negates the point of having a huge open world.

Back