eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gino you've already done more than enough by coming in an explaining yourself. Keep up the great work and thanks for the updates. People gotta know that sometimes no news is good news and unless something changes, no news is needed. I think once people get their first EFX piece, like the Marvel collectors, they'll understand why it can take time to produce and ship the final item. These aren't plastic figures we're dealing with here...

Are the Chinese factories to blame for the horribly outdated website? I don't think so.

Receiving the Scout lid before Episode 9 releases would be nice.

The funny thing to me is that the complaint that started this conversation was b/c the customer could not get a response in regards to updating his ORDER. It had nothing at all to do with asking for updates on the product status. Can't believe how those two issues got conflated but Gino's irrelevant response is sort of indicative of the customer service issues at eFX. Lol at the guys patting Gino on the back for a generic response (he even advised he copy/pasted it from RS) that didn't address the customer's question in the slightest. :lol

...I wanted to change over my LE to a Legend and he was happy to do it and everything on his end said it was fine and will be taken care of. However there was no new charges to reflect the deposit change and I have e-mailed the guy once every week or two (trying not to be a jerk and very nice about it) to get some kind of confirmation or anything official that has my order switched over... Here I am ready to spend more money and I can't even get a simple reply...

Wish I could afford the legendary edition, or the regular lol

You can...just start saving now and by the time the eFX Scout is finally released you will have the $$$ ready. ;)

I am sorry but there is NO excuse for the lack of communication from eFX. I don't care if there is nothing new to say regarding the release, but you can at least respond to simple emails. Invictus Sol is right...the question asked was not answered. Gino said there was no new updates on the product and that is fine, great we are all fine waiting. But the question was in regard to how can a customer give MORE money to eFX by switching his order to a more expensive version. So you can't even respond to that request That is poor customer service. eFX puts out a great product, but that is not enough sometimes.

Jack, I'm only involved in the product development side of the business, so that is the only area I can speak to.
Anything regarding orders/transactions is not something that I have the ability to assist with.

People were having a discussion on RS about wait times etc.. and I made a post and simply thought some of the stuff I said regarding that topic would be informative here as well. So I just copied and pasted it here too.

The funny thing to me is that the complaint that started this conversation was b/c the customer could not get a response in regards to updating his ORDER. It had nothing at all to do with asking for updates on the product status. Can't believe how those two issues got conflated but Gino's irrelevant response is sort of indicative of the customer service issues at eFX. Lol at the guys patting Gino on the back for a generic response (he even advised he copy/pasted it from RS) that didn't address the customer's question in the slightest. :lol

I was the one asking about updates on product status, WEEKS after no one responded to his last post. People had previously commented on how it can be difficult to get any sort of response from efx via email or anything else. This thread didn't start with niennumb's question. Nobody was saying that the issue of getting responses to emails was the same as not getting production and release updates.

I guess we just didn't realize that after he asked a question that no one had an answer to, we were bound to talking about nothing else afterwards... :dunno

Jack, I'm only involved in the product development side of the business, so that is the only area I can speak to.
Anything regarding orders/transactions is not something that I have the ability to assist with.

People were having a discussion on RS about wait times etc.. and I made a post and simply thought some of the stuff I said regarding that topic would be informative here as well. So I just copied and pasted it here too.

Fair enough bro, I was mistaken, I appreciate you clearing that up.

Thanks for coming and saying hello and offering some conversation on the process and letting us know things are moving along, Gino!

I would still like to square away my order and get something official that has me changed over to what was discussed. I fear at this point all that conversation got buried many weeks ago with other people's e-mail attempts. I just don't have any solid confirmation order # was changed and can only assume I'm still receiving the LE, based on official receipts.

Sorry, but this put a wry smile on my face. I've been complaining about eFX's pathetic business practices for a loooong time... until I finally gave up as I knew nothing would change.

Perfect example: after all of us complaining, eFX came out and said they would only do pre-orders once they knew the final product could be shipped in a timely manner (can't remember when because I had switched off them by then - maybe the Maul lightsaber) and for once, they did deliver. That was supposed to be the structure moving forward but clearly they have slipped back into their appalling old habits.

Gino is a gun - the real deal, and deserves respect for his undeniable skill; he is not the one to blame because as he clearly stated he is in development and nothing more.

eFX killed the joy of collecting for me, to the point where I barely participate at any level these days (be it on forums, actual collecting, etc). The amazing time of wonderment (around 2002 to 2007) where all the companies had jaw-dropping products that truly wowed us, has well and truly past us gents.

I wish things were different. I wish eFX wouldn't announce things 48 years before even making sure they are viable (Star Destroyer anyone). But unfortunately this is the way things are and the only way to try and retain the smallest amount of joy is to simply - accept it. Accept eFX and all their bizarre business quirks and be thankful that (if the product ever does arrive) it will be top-notch... because that's the one thing they do get right; the end product.

I do remember that part of their mission plan regarding not offering things for preorder only when it was close to shipping time. That sounded great but I am sure factors of productions were probably an issue. Not to mention they would need to have a very clear product offering schedule to allow customers to save accordingly.

Patience is definitely a requirement when collecting eFX. If you are one of those collectors that hits the purchase button and goes on about living their life then they are great. See you in 6 to 48 months when it's time to pay the balance. Now, if you are the average Sideshow fan that wants interaction, communication and frequents forums then it's harder to support the eFX brand. I am sure they are aware that there are other companies over here in the "real forums world" putting out product consistently, interacting and catoring to the collector culture. Our attention span is short and always looking towards the next cool thing. Sometimes just showing up more often and consistently is enough for people to allocate those funds that would go to expensive props towards a high end statue instead. Even more so when a lot of the cool things eFX shows do not happen anytime soon (Boba helmet) or at all (Obi-Wan reveal saber and Starkiller saber).

I will say that I never had a problem with them. Both Gino and Bryan are great, but I do get why people do not think much of eFX as a brand. Their products are EXCELLENT when they eventually come out, but nowadays you need to be a bit more well rounded in other areas.

1456537_10152772623813280_307451439629849023_n.jpg

Very good news from EFX... can't wait. That's why i never lost faith in that company, they always deliver....

Sorry, but this put a wry smile on my face. I've been complaining about eFX's pathetic business practices for a loooong time... until I finally gave up as I knew nothing would change.

Perfect example: after all of us complaining, eFX came out and said they would only do pre-orders once they knew the final product could be shipped in a timely manner (can't remember when because I had switched off them by then - maybe the Maul lightsaber) and for once, they did deliver. That was supposed to be the structure moving forward but clearly they have slipped back into their appalling old habits.

Gino is a gun - the real deal, and deserves respect for his undeniable skill; he is not the one to blame because as he clearly stated he is in development and nothing more.

eFX killed the joy of collecting for me, to the point where I barely participate at any level these days (be it on forums, actual collecting, etc). The amazing time of wonderment (around 2002 to 2007) where all the companies had jaw-dropping products that truly wowed us, has well and truly past us gents.

I wish things were different. I wish eFX wouldn't announce things 48 years before even making sure they are viable (Star Destroyer anyone). But unfortunately this is the way things are and the only way to try and retain the smallest amount of joy is to simply - accept it. Accept eFX and all their bizarre business quirks and be thankful that (if the product ever does arrive) it will be top-notch... because that's the one thing they do get right; the end product.

same, told them to shove it, cancelled my Vader helmet and told Brian to use my $300 NRD to put towards customers service, 6 months later I got an email stating they hadn't heard from me so where cancelling my order.....WTF.....lol
killed my want for their products

It took EFX months to make a message that took 5 minutes to conceive... At least there are some news.

Back