EFX Millenium Falcon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1:72 makes it roughly 18 inches long. Bandai hasn't made it official. I'm hoping they use the opportunity of the Han Solo film to release it.

The Fine Molds model is fairly inaccurate and the DeAg takes a lot of work and time to get looking good- the finished versions I've seen that haven't been properly repainted look amateur. You need to know what you're doing. We've not seen an actual QMx model yet- I'm fairly sure that was a Fine Molds model that had been pulled apart.

Bandai are where it's at- if they do an OT 1/72 scale model that'll be the be the one to get.
Chogokin seem to be developing a Falcon as well- although it's hard to find anything much on this at the moment.

I've preordered this EFX Falcon but not with EFX. If it sucks, I'm pulling the plug and waiting for Bandai/Chogokin to save the day.

The Fine Molds Falcon is an excellent starting point, as is the DeAgostini Falcon. Both require some additional detailing to get them to a higher level but not necessarily out of range of any modeler. Shapeways offer some fantastic additional detailing parts, as does Paragrafix. I've got them all for the DeAgostini and some for the Fine Molds. Those are my Falcon projects for the near future.

The eFX version may be an option for someone either looking for a quick out of the box display or perhaps not willing or capable in spending some time on the previously mentioned options, which I still recommend over this one, size and price being a key issue.

Bandai looks to be an excellent option as a kit. Hopefully we'll see it eventually released.

My main want from Bandai is the large Star Destroyer that they've been putting on display at the shows. That would have me selling off my Anigrand kit rather quickly.

This is what I want: Bandai's 1:72 scale Falcon they displayed at a Japanese toy fair last year. It was teased as a demonstration model and has not officially been announced for release

star-wars5.jpg

That looks great and I love the display with the other 1/72 ships and the Death Star bases.

Lmao the pix on Sideshow look like my 4" Die Cast GTFO with that thing for $600 it better fly

I've seen countless models that blow that away from hobbyists. I still have 3 in boxes I could make better.

To each their own but $600 yikes

I came very, very close to buying the Falcon Bandai kit at Celebration (all of the vehicles they had displayed there looked incredible!), but I scared myself off of it after watching a couple of assembly videos. They require more painting to get them to the level they had at the show than I'm comfortable with.

After waiting years for this, I ended up cancelling my pre-order of the EFX Falcon. :(
They ignored a few polite emails I sent to them enquiring as to progress.
It's a shame- I'd high hopes for it, but at the price point EFX have missed their window to get this out before better options become available.

I'm going for Bandai's Perfect Grade 1/72 model and take my time building/painting it. :)
Chogokin's Falcon also sounds like it might be interesting.

After waiting years for this, I ended up cancelling my pre-order of the EFX Falcon. :(
They ignored a few polite emails I sent to them enquiring as to progress.
It's a shame- I'd high hopes for it, but at the price point EFX have missed their window to get this out before better options become available.

I'm going for Bandai's Perfect Grade 1/72 model and take my time building/painting it. :)
Chogokin's Falcon also sounds like it might be interesting.

Don't forget the QMX cutaway!

Back