eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really have no idea what's supposed to be messed up looking and what isn't but I'm pretty sure two spots on my dome are messed up. Overall it's a really cool piece though.

6ghqns.jpg

Rocking photo! More pics.

eFX on Facebook:

Hi All!

I know that many of you have emailed me and I apologize that I have not been able to answer some of you yet. We just got back from the licensiing show in Vegas.

we have be talking with the vendor in regards to the transportation tests that they are required to perform. The transportation test we require is:
1. Drop the box on all 6 sides and the corner from 18" and check for any damage.
2. Place 6 boxes, 1 box in each of the different orientations, ie Top, left side, right side, front side, back side and upside down and place on a vibration table for 1 hour. (this simulates the vibration of a truck) and then check for damage.

The report says that it passed. But of course, there is no way to simulate everything that a courier service may do to the box!

Regardless, we will replace every defective dome. We have asked the vendor to make these for us and to ship them with the Limited Edition in the next 2 weeks.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our vendor make the replacement domes.

Bryan

Any more pics of the print? What size is it? Personally I'm not a fan of Tsuneo Sanda's work, since I feel the art is a bit too crowded and effeminate, but thos print looks ok.

I must be uncommonly brutal, but the print is awful to be honest. Not because of the Vader, but because of the Death Star below him. Tsunda seems to have tiled it as though it were a flat disc, and not a sphere with curved panels that convey perspective on the surface of a sphere. Unthinkable, for even an untrained artist. I know he has his fans, but this is a stinker.

The artwork is interesting. The depiction of Vader is great -but I'm surprised that the Death Star is placed in the bottom center. It looks uninteresting. Surprising since Sanda is such a legendary artist.

However I still REALLY like it and I'm looking for this print should someone wish to part with theirs.

eFX on Facebook:

Hi All!

I know that many of you have emailed me and I apologize that I have not been able to answer some of you yet. We just got back from the licensiing show in Vegas.

we have be talking with the vendor in regards to the transportation tests that they are required to perform. The transportation test we require is:
1. Drop the box on all 6 sides and the corner from 18" and check for any damage.
2. Place 6 boxes, 1 box in each of the different orientations, ie Top, left side, right side, front side, back side and upside down and place on a vibration table for 1 hour. (this simulates the vibration of a truck) and then check for damage.

The report says that it passed. But of course, there is no way to simulate everything that a courier service may do to the box!

Regardless, we will replace every defective dome. We have asked the vendor to make these for us and to ship them with the Limited Edition in the next 2 weeks.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our vendor make the replacement domes.

Bryan

I guess this explains why I haven't gotten a response to my email about the defects on my dome. Question is, am I supposed to wait for them to get back to me or do I contact them again?

Back