eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot better, EFX should be ashamed that so this had to be done

eFx should go in business for coffee tables too, the original stand is almost that size...

e-fx would do well to sell stands... it would be nice to have consistency with one's other Star Wars helmets.

We asked for separate eFX stands for years (even without the SW logo on them so no license necessary), but our questions arrived to deaf ears alas.

A lot better, EFX should be ashamed that so this had to be done

That's ridiculous -- the dude said it was temporary and he'd beplacing it back on the efx stand.

Not to mention, with the larger base -- all you need is the cover -- it eliminates the need for the small base ultimately (unless your aim is to place it in a shelf along with other things --

This piece is treated as a centerpiece -- the larger base is part of it's framing...

not to mention stability -- it'd be top heavy with a smaller base... all it would take is for someone to knock into it to make the whole thing fall over -- the larger base eliminate that risk...

Everyone is complaining way to much for what is essentially a safer base and more practical if you want to cover it...

why should eFX be ashamed ?-:dunno- as collectors of their product, we should be proud that they put the kind of effort into these things that they do...that they care enough about their product, knowing it's their legacy in the world of collecting...

If you want to customize a new base, by all means do so - but that doesn't mean that they've created subpar product by any stretch...:lecture

We asked for separate eFX stands for years (even without the SW logo on them so no license necessary), but our questions arrived to deaf ears alas.

Keep asking -- I do see the value if you mean to place many things together and want a uniform look -- it's not like they aren't busy -- even creating one product can be a full time job -- they've got several and several licenses -- just stay on top of it, get others on the bandwagon and prove to them it's worth making

That's ridiculous -- the dude said it was temporary and he'd beplacing it back on the efx stand.

Not to mention, with the larger base -- all you need is the cover -- it eliminates the need for the small base ultimately (unless your aim is to place it in a shelf along with other things --

This piece is treated as a centerpiece -- the larger base is part of it's framing...

not to mention stability -- it'd be top heavy with a smaller base... all it would take is for someone to knock into it to make the whole thing fall over -- the larger base eliminate that risk...

Everyone is complaining way to much for what is essentially a safer base and more practical if you want to cover it...

why should eFX be ashamed ?-:dunno- as collectors of their product, we should be proud that they put the kind of effort into these things that they do...that they care enough about their product, knowing it's their legacy in the world of collecting...

If you want to customize a new base, by all means do so - but that doesn't mean that they've created subpar product by any stretch...:lecture

:clap:goodpost:

They should offer the smaller round bottom stands on their site. I'm diggin' the big stand but that doesn't fit in everyone's life. Like someone else already said, it would be good for uniformity too. You'd be able to have all helmets on the same base whether they're MR, Don Post, custom, etc.

Sux about the paint rub to you guys who got it. I hope they firgue out a way to prevent that when they're packing the Limited.

:goodpost:

If some people want a small base, you can make your own ( like someone do), or if you are outside U.S. there is always A.A. bases :rotfl. Why you guys insisted eFX make them???? i love the Legend big base...is not your regular decoration helmet...ITS DA HELMET:yess: ...needs to be separated from your average-everyday collectibles... and, as far as i know, some of you who ask for a smaller bases dont have a Legend or Limited on order...so...what's for?????:dunno

I'm totally happy with the base it came with. If people have space issues, there's clearly a cheap and effective method for converting a nice towel holder into a base. You spent $1k already on this, what's $12 more for a second base?

I'm totally happy with the base it came with. If people have space issues, there's clearly a cheap and effective method for converting a nice towel holder into a base. You spent $1k already on this, what's $12 more for a second base?

So shouldn't we be able to choose if we use the normal or a smaller base that eFX could offer us? :wink1:

If some people want a small base, you can make your own ( like someone do), or if you are outside U.S. there is always A.A. bases :rotfl. Why you guys insisted eFX make them???? i love the Legend big base...is not your regular decoration helmet...ITS DA HELMET:yess: ...needs to be separated from your average-everyday collectibles... and, as far as i know, some of you who ask for a smaller bases dont have a Legend or Limited on order...so...what's for?????:dunno

Aren't you the same newb bashing the guys who know a lot about Vader on RPF and who were the ones discovering some of the small details also present on the best Vader props and helmets? You might want to be more careful before categorizing people. And take it easy before you hurt yourself. :exactly: :wave

Keep asking -- I do see the value if you mean to place many things together and want a uniform look -- it's not like they aren't busy -- even creating one product can be a full time job -- they've got several and several licenses -- just stay on top of it, get others on the bandwagon and prove to them it's worth making

When some of the members from Rebelscum asked eFX for these extra bases for sale years ago, others were simply not interested in posting there to let eFX know. Many people would like to get these bases for the helmets in their collections, but wouldn't do anything to help the others who tried to talk to eFX. I won't give here the reasons and motives of why others only want the stands, but wouldn't do anything to help, because I guess we all know why...

You might want to be more careful before categorizing people. And take it easy before you hurt yourself. :exactly: :wave

When some of the members from Rebelscum asked eFX for these extra bases for sale years ago, others were simply not interested in posting there to let eFX know. Many people would like to get these bases for the helmets in their collections, but wouldn't do anything to help the others who tried to talk to eFX. I won't give here the reasons and motives of why others only want the stands, but wouldn't do anything to help, because I guess we all know why...

Wow, Sergiu shows his true face again.

The focus should be the helmet not the floor tile it sits on, as i stated i understand the reason such a big base was chosen ie: to cover it, but for those who have other center pieces in their collection, it would have been nice to have another "official" stand as an option. Oh and yes I cancelled from EFX, but I still have one on order :wink1:

Wow, Sergiu shows his true face again.

If you think my quote to demorathis was an attack to him (I know him as a great member for a long itme), you are completely wrong. He was not one of the people interested in the stand and staying aside when others talked to eFX. So your quote simply is out of place.

I would recommend reading this, you might learn a few things yourself:

https://www.therpf.com/f9/efx-anh-darth-helmet-sample-137816/index15.html#post2293250

quote Vaderdarth:

Here's some advice for everyone: If a guy doesn't share your opinion about a prop, instead of instantly hating him, try to learn what he's seeing that is bothering him and figure out why he's seeing it. It's guaranteed to sharpen your eye for these little details. It might even help you figure out how to fix your own helmet and make it what you want it to be. Sometimes that's half the fun.

I guess that back then when you offered to help me with something and I kindly declined on your offer, made you mad and turned you completely against me. That speaks something about you too. I never talked against you, but you always attack me here or on a couple other forums. I guess you need to calm down a bit and understand you are not the center of the universe and people can say NO to you from time to time. Learn to live with that and you'll have a nicer life. :peace

no kidding!! And that's when he is not too busy with his head inside Sith Lord's butt!! :rotfl
Sith Lord have the cleanest butt a human being can have,... thanks to Jkno!! :lol:lol:lol

I guess you kiss Gino behind all day long. Enjoy your time there. :wave

The focus should be the helmet not the floor tile it sits on, as i stated i understand the reason such a big base was chosen ie: to cover it, but for those who have other center pieces in their collection, it would have been nice to have another "official" stand as an option. Oh and yes I cancelled from EFX, but I still have one on order :wink1:

:goodpost::exactly:

Back