eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've emailed EFX twice since November about an update to this, and I haven't even gotten a response back. Not impressed with their customer service, or lack of updating people after the estimated release date has past. Is a little heads up from them too much to ask?

I've emailed EFX twice since November about an update to this, and I haven't even gotten a response back. Not impressed with their customer service, or lack of updating people after the estimated release date has past. Is a little heads up from them too much to ask?

I have had the same issues!
I cant believe it! I email them as a producer and they still dont email me back! :(
Waiting myself on the new Tie-fighter
Does EFX have a direct phone line?

I don't like the lack of communication. eFX make great products, but not knowing approximately when a product hits, and what is its progress, is a killer, especially when more than one items come at once. I asked eFX for some approximate details regarding the total height, depth and width of the TIE Fighter (with stand). No definitive answer. :( They should know if the total height is about 70 cm or 100cm... I cannot make my cabinet until I know how big this thing is. Anyone who went to the Celebration has an idea of TIE Fighter size?

I was just going to ask if anyone heard anything about this yet. I kinda need to know when it is going to ship so I can be ready for it. Now that it has pushed out I may have to cancel other orders to keep this one. :cuss

We paid $350 Deposit on the helmet about 9 months ago. You would think that would be enough to at least get some updates from time to time. All we ask is for an update, what's the reason for the delay there has to be a reason? It looks like the tie has been even worse. :nono

Here's a quick update for you guys.
Usually eFX puts out an email or updates their site when there is some significant news to report.
If you haven't heard anything, it is because there is nothing new to say.

As many of you already know, eFX has a reputation for preferring to delay a product than rush the release just to hit a projected schedule, which I believe is a very good thing.

During these gaps in updates, you can assume that 90% of that time is spent going back and forth with the factories until they provide a sample that we can approve so that they can either start or continue along with a certain aspect of production.
On this particular helmet, we have gone back and forth MANY times on many aspects. :thwak

It is quite challenging to get a factory to mass produce a piece that has such a high level of artistry.
In many instances we are asking them construct things or perform tasks in a way that significantly deviates from their normal way of doing them/comfort zone.
In my opinion, any delay caused by this is well worth it and at times it's absolutely essential to getting the product to look correct according to our vision.

The latest Vader sample we got back from the factory was VERY very close.
There's a great chance that this next sample we get back will be the one that gets approved and then it's full steam ahead!

We paid $350 Deposit on the helmet about 9 months ago. You would think that would be enough to at least get some updates from time to time. All we ask is for an update, what's the reason for the delay there has to be a reason? It looks like the tie has been even worse. :nono

Yep. Paid in full back in October 2010 with my local vendor (I prefer to pay in full so I don't get bitten by things all landing at once).

Done the same with the Vader helmet.

I said it a million times before - great products, ____ communication/updates!!!!

Here's a quick update for you guys.
Usually eFX puts out an email or updates their site when there is some significant news to report.
If you haven't heard anything, it is because there is nothing new to say.

As many of you already know, eFX has a reputation for preferring to delay a product than rush the release just to hit a projected schedule, which I believe is a very good thing.

During these gaps in updates, you can assume that 90% of that time is spent going back and forth with the factories until they provide a sample that we can approve so that they can either start or continue along with a certain aspect of production.
On this particular helmet, we have gone back and forth MANY times on many aspects. :thwak

It is quite challenging to get a factory to mass produce a piece that has such a high level of artistry.
In many instances we are asking them construct things or perform tasks in a way that significantly deviates from their normal way of doing them/comfort zone.
In my opinion, any delay caused by this is well worth it and at times it's absolutely essential to getting the product to look correct according to our vision.

The latest Vader sample we got back from the factory was VERY very close.
There's a great chance that this next sample we get back will be the one that gets approved and then it's full steam ahead!

No offence Gino, but make all the excuses you want for them, IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

That tiny piece of information (highlighted above) you've just provided is what it's all about. One sentence, to know they haven't gone out of business, to know our money is safe, is all it takes.

How can you, and more importantly eFX, be so ignorant to peoples feelings/needs?

Im sorry guys, i love Sideshow Freaks, this is a great board, and the people here are the nicest and the best collectors, thats why im here. I came once in a while to see if there are some news about the efx vader helmet, and the sad thing is that every time i came up i found a lot of complains about the lack of "updates" from Efx, post after post. Dont get me wrong, but from my point of view...Who cares??? like someone said: When is ready, is ready. Thats it. C'mon, guys...for 350 bucks ( 999 total ) what do you expect???...You are not buying a car, and even a car company dont sent you updates and kiss your *** just to make you happy. There's plenty of time to get ready for the helmet. Just my opinion. I got my Legend preordered and thats enought for me. I got more important things to do but worried about updates from Efx. Relax !!!.

CHARLES.

I don't mind delays, but I would like updates even if it's, we are still going back and forth with the factory. Even and automated reply to an email would be better then nothing. Ps thanks for the update gino

^I agree some kind of an update would be nice every once in a while. Thanks Gino it's good to know there wasn't any serious problems with this piece.

i would MUCH rather hear excuses as to why it is late than why it isn't great.

i too want to thank you Gino for the update!

i agree, i would much rather have a collectible done right than be rushed... this is a grail, i want it done right. take your time...

Back