eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:wave There's the print. I like it not too shabby. Congrats to the guys geting the print with their helmet. :clap :clap :clap

Just pre-ordered from Secret Compass Collectibles. They are great to deal with... The owner Shane is awesome and will work payment plans with you which tailor your budget after an initial $100 deposit.. That's what made me pull the trigger since I have a few other expensive pieces on order from SCC. What does everyone think in terms of shipping dates? Do you think it will be 9 months like the McVader took from pre-order to shipments?

That's who I pre-ordered mine from too. Shane was great to deal with on this piece.

The print is really a product of its origins: a rushed, uninspired, after-thought. And has no place anywhere near my Legend helmet which is artistry at its most elite. Print, meet my closet.

I'm sure I'll catch some hate, and to be fair I wasn't interested in the print regardless, but in my opinion it looks like a cheesy piece of 80s airbrush art. Like something you'd see airbrushed on the side of the van in the movie Fanboys. :lol

No hate here...I agree, the print is pretty bad.

Unless it looks different in person than the screen shot, it will stay in the box. Doesn't matter though, I didn't buy it for the print.

If someone wants to sell their print, hit me up!

I'm getting the LE, so my helmet wont come with one.

I like the print. Reminds me of the back of the original soundtrack LP album cover:

vaderlpart.jpg

(I prefer the album cover, though)

vaderlpart.jpg
111.jpg

The print would actually be very nice if it looked like that album art. If the image on the right is the final print, it looks (disappointingly) like Vader with a caved-in face. Good concept, weak execution.

Admittedly, it would have been nice to see something along the lines of a Jerry Vanderstelt piece in terms of fidelity and attention to detail since they went through the trouble to include an extra piece of artwork. Thankfully, it is merely an extra, the helmet is what's important.

I know we're months away from getting our legend but what is everyone's plan on displaying this masterpiece? Type of cabinet, stand etc.. Next to what art, replica lightsaber etc.. I'm not sure what cabinet I'm going to use but I think the Legend is going to be displayed next to my framed "The Fallen" print. I also need to track down a ANH Vader replica ligthsaber. I can't seem to find that one. The only one I see on Ebay is the Rots one.

My ANH Vader will be displayed alone on it's own shelf. I'm on the lookout for complimentary pieces though.

Bet most of you have seen this, but for those who have not, enjoy:hi5:

By the way, which version of the helmet is that?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ljFfL-mL70"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ljFfL-mL70[/ame]

Bet most of you have seen this, but for those who have not, enjoy:hi5:

By the way, which version of the helmet is that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ljFfL-mL70

That's the Rubies Deluxe Helmet Set - Abs plastic -- actually in totality it's the Rubies Supreme Edition costume, tho isn't it...

(bug eyes (flush lenses), insert in the nose, textured checkerboard of matte and shiny plastic, thin dome edges, rounded mouth grills)

I was thinking something like this except, Stormie, Vader, then Boba on the right
cb-hang-mid-03.jpg

Nice display, it looks like displaying with other helmets is the way to go. I need to find some stormtrooper helmets. I wish they would come out with a At-At Driver Helmet, that would be a instant purchase.

Back