eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the things I like about the ANH helmet in general is are the red lenses. It gives it more of a bug feeling to him and makes much more sense to me than just black lenses. If you guy's know what I mean :monkey3

The Limited is only relatively idealized in comparison to the Legend. The main difference is that they cleaned up and filled in some of the blemishes and scratches that were part of the actual mold and the screen-used helmet (this was the deal-breaker for me personally) and the finish on the mask will be factory spray-painted and not hand-painted. The gun metal gray areas also appear to be a little darker (at least in the pics). The domes will be the same.

Legend on Left, Limited on Right:
efx_vader_sidebyside_01.jpg

If you want a truly idealized Vader helmet, your best bet is still the ROTS one from Master Replicas. Bust I suppose the ANH Limited is a happy middle ground for those who want a more idealized ANH helm. :hi5:

think you're definitely right about the silver tone being different...I wonder -- I kinda hope so since I'm getting both -- the more differences between the two, the better =)

there is more photography flash on the Legend in order to highlight the blemishes, therefore bringing out more of the silver.

yeah, middle ground FTW:yess: I've said from the beginning I just wanted an ANH Vader helmet without all the blemishes and I'm so glad that's exactly what I'm getting. Plus, I really prefer the matte finish look of this compared to the super shiny versions in ESB/ROTJ anyway. And that's coming from someone who had the ROTS Vader helmet once. No regrets on selling it now though

Amen to that agree 100%. Since I missed out on the MR vader helmet this is a great and better replacement for it. Legend or no legend the limited will be wicked in it's own right. Can't wait to get it although that wait will be a long one. Sorry to who ever thinks there getting this piece sometime this year not going to happen....:impatient:

It seems kind of strange that MR never came out with a Vader helmet from the Original Trilogy. Did they just not get around to it before the end, or were there other issues involved? I'm sure they did the ROTS version to correspond with the release of the movie, so maybe they just thought there wouldn't be enough of a market so soon afterward?

I'm no expert, but I know they started making helmets in 2005, and lost their license by 2007. I'm assuming they just didn't have enough time:dunno

It seems kind of strange that MR never came out with a Vader helmet from the Original Trilogy. Did they just not get around to it before the end, or were there other issues involved? I'm sure they did the ROTS version to correspond with the release of the movie, so maybe they just thought there wouldn't be enough of a market so soon afterward?

They were supposedly in the early stages of R&D on a ROTJ Vader Reveal Helmet when Corgi (then owners of Master Replicas) decided not to renew the SW license. I'm quite sure we'll see that from eFX at some point, since the major players are the same as the folks who did the SW stuff at MR.

MR ran out of time to make an OT Vader helmet. The ROTS Vader helmet came out among their ROTS product focus and is a damn good helmet. But after that, time ran out.

Comparison of EFX over the DJ helmet. EFX is off colored and semi transparent so you can see the comparison helmet behind it. These are so stinking close! It's more than accurate enough for me. It moves a little because the angle is a little different. But, you can get the idea I think.

djefx.gif

Comparison of EFX over the DJ helmet. EFX is off colored and semi transparent so you can see the comparison helmet behind it. These are so stinking close! It's more than accurate enough for me. It moves a little because the angle is a little different. But, you can get the idea I think.

djefx.gif

Is the DJ supposed to be the benchmark? If so, why?

Is the DJ supposed to be the benchmark? If so, why?

Nah, no benchmark. Not sure what would be other than the original. But I think it was supposed to be from the same mold. It's just a comparison from a similar lineage helmet as I understand it, showing EFX did a good job.

The Limited Edition is now SOLD OUT from eFX as well. Took 5 days instead of 5 minutes, but that's still very good.

These helmets are a smashing success.

The Limited Edition is now SOLD OUT from eFX as well. Took 5 days instead of 5 minutes, but that's still very good.

These helmets are a smashing success.

Does this mean that it is no longer available at retailers? I still see some retailers taking pre orders.

Does this mean that it is no longer available at retailers? I still see some retailers taking pre orders.

No, it's still available through some of the retailers (though a few of them have already sold out of their allotment as well). What it means is that retailer allotments and direct orders via eFX have now now reached 1,000 units. Once the retailers have all pre-sold whatever their allotment is, this thing is gone and will only be available through Wait Lists or on the secondary market (eBay) later on.

So, if you're on the fence... don't wait too long to secure this from a retailer who may still have some available for pre-order (BBTS is one).

Nah, no benchmark. Not sure what would be other than the original. But I think it was supposed to be from the same mold. It's just a comparison from a similar lineage helmet as I understand it, showing EFX did a good job.

Ah, got it. Thanks.

Back