eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
qvFcCxxh.jpg

Damn does this lid display well. Can't wait to add Shoretrooper and Kylo buckets alongside it.

That's awesome, Ghidrah is one of my favs from the Showa series. The only Goji poster I have in my collection is an original Godzilla 1985 one sheet.
Nice! Is there another shelf you can use so that you can bring the HT Boba and Vader lid down to eye level?

I see you got the K2 Elite Series. :hi5:

Nice! Is there another shelf you can use so that you can bring the HT Boba and Vader lid down to eye level?

I see you got the K2 Elite Series. :hi5:

I wish, but my current shelves aren't deep enough to accommodate Boba's base, or Vader's dome.

The K2 was a Christmas present from my sister. :)

Just ordered this on eBay as a belated Christmas present to myself, so excited :vader :yess: looks so legit and it seems all I hear are good things about this. Is it really as good as people say?

It's the best available at the moment. The fiberglass ones from EFX are better but you're gonna pay big $$$ for those now.

It's the best available at the moment. The fiberglass ones from EFX are better but you're gonna pay big $$$ for those now.

Yeah that's what I've read and not in the budget to go down that road lol. To me this looks like plenty enough like Vader to make me happy and if it looks very similar almost identical to the fiberglass versions then I'm satisfied. Wish it came with a stand and plaque for the price but no biggie I can make those. Working in a design studio has its benefits for sure.

These display great, was a little disappointed originally by the feel of it but since I've gotten it have admired it more and more.
You won't regret it.

These display great, was a little disappointed originally by the feel of it but since I've gotten it have admired it more and more.
You won't regret it.

Thanks I'm glad to know others enjoy it! I actually just got a 75" H Besta Frame with 2 Glass Doors from IKEA and some remote LED puck lights off Amazon. Excited to display this helmet and my other movie props once I get everything set up

Thanks I'm glad to know others enjoy it! I actually just got a 75" H Besta Frame with 2 Glass Doors from IKEA and some remote LED puck lights off Amazon. Excited to display this helmet and my other movie props once I get everything set up
Are you talking about two glass doors to cover the entire 75"?
Or two 25" glass doors?

Do you mind sending me a link or a pic of these glass doors? I could use those. Thanks.

Or two 25" glass doors?

Do you mind sending me a link or a pic of these glass doors? I could use those. Thanks.

I'm assuming he's just not covering 1/3 with glass. Maybe he has a solid door to store things.

Or two 25" glass doors?

It's (2) 25" Doors sorry for the confusion. I got the whole unit in Walnut Effect Light Gray. Here are some pictures:
IMG_2622.jpg
IMG_2623.jpg
IMG_2624.jpg

I still have to get one more door today, I couldn't decide if I wanted a solid door or another glass door to keep it consistent. So yes wadeitout I was considering adding a door on the bottom for storage but now I just think I might keep the whole thing for display. We'll see when I venture back to IKEA today.

The glass doors I picked up were the 25" SINDVIK here is the link: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00296313/#/30296321
Whats nice is all the BESTA items are 15% off when you have their IKEA family member card so I got like $40.00 off everything.

Overall, I like the presentation of the Besta and I agree with you guys I wish they made some larger height doors to change up the space a bit. I'll post some more pics when I get the remote LED lights and actually put some items in the cabinet.

I chose the Glassviks for my white bestas but the Sindvik looks perfect with the Walnut color. That is going to look awesome!

Also if anyone in the US is looking for this helmet (Regular not SE) Send me a PM and I can send you one for a good price.

It's (2) 25" Doors sorry for the confusion. I got the whole unit in Walnut Effect Light Gray. Here are some pictures:
View attachment 312830
View attachment 312831
View attachment 312832

I still have to get one more door today, I couldn't decide if I wanted a solid door or another glass door to keep it consistent. So yes wadeitout I was considering adding a door on the bottom for storage but now I just think I might keep the whole thing for display. We'll see when I venture back to IKEA today.

The glass doors I picked up were the 25" SINDVIK here is the link: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00296313/#/30296321
Whats nice is all the BESTA items are 15% off when you have their IKEA family member card so I got like $40.00 off everything.

Overall, I like the presentation of the Besta and I agree with you guys I wish they made some larger height doors to change up the space a bit. I'll post some more pics when I get the remote LED lights and actually put some items in the cabinet.

It's all good. I thought maybe IKEA made new glass doors that I didn't know about.
In that current configuration, get some weight onto the bottom shelf first before opening the top glass door. It could topple over when it's top heavy.

I was on the fence about ordering this from sideshow but I just saw the Low stock warning and jumped on it. Used a combination of gift cards and rewards and only had to pay half. :yess:

Bought. :pray: Does it come with a stand to put the helmet on? What's the difference between the Special Addition that's $30 extra on the eFX website? Is one a "fiberglass" version that I keep hearing about?

Back