eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome thank you very much.
just checking to see if I buy a paper towel stand will do. They all state 14 inches tall

Go to amazon and search 'hat rack'. There is one which comes short or tall (it is black wood with a bow (bow comes off obviously). I use the talk for my Vader and the short for Ironman. They both look great.

Love it ! IMG_6146.JPGIMG_6147.JPG

If this came with a stand and plaque I'd have bought it by now. I can settle for ABS but the. To have to get a stand and plaque separate are keeping me from pulling the trigger.

And the limited prices are just ridiculous.

If this came with a stand and plaque I'd have bought it by now. I can settle for ABS but the. To have to get a stand and plaque separate are keeping me from pulling the trigger.

And the limited prices are just ridiculous.

People were paying thousands of dollars for helmets that looked half as good as this one just a few short years ago. Here's the anovos for 650 and it looks like dogs nuts. Maybe that is more in line with what you are after.

https://www.anovos.com/products/star-wars-darth-vader-standalone-helmet-standard-line-pre-order

Wait, it doesn't come with a stand either. Guess you are SOL.

I swear people will never be satisfied no matter what you do.

Just ordered the standard from Amazon. It's weird I had this sudden urge to have a Vader helmet in my collection after watching Rogue One. Hmmm...

People were paying thousands of dollars for helmets that looked half as good as this one just a few short years ago. Here's the anovos for 650 and it looks like dogs nuts. Maybe that is more in line with what you are after.

https://www.anovos.com/products/star-wars-darth-vader-standalone-helmet-standard-line-pre-order

Wait, it doesn't come with a stand either. Guess you are SOL.

I swear people will never be satisfied no matter what you do.

Why did you put this much whining into text over one person saying they don't want to spend that much for a ABS helmet? I like this helmet a lot I'm just not enough of a Vader fan and it's not displayable enough out of the box for me to want to buy it at that price.

And no, I also wouldn't buy the Anovos either. If I could still get the Limited for retail I would for sure.

Was wondering, and maybe it's just me, but what exactly is the difference between the efx helmet for $299 and one for $329? Does one just have slight more weathering to it?

Was wondering, and maybe it's just me, but what exactly is the difference between the efx helmet for $299 and one for $329? Does one just have slight more weathering to it?

It's roughly the equivalent of the old fiberglass helmets where there was Limited versus Legend. These newer plastic ones will look slightly different but here: https://www.starwarshelmets.com/EFX_Legend Vader.htm

Biggest difference is brush stroke gunmetal for the more expensive one, more even looking sprayed paint for the cheaper one.

The brush painted look is truer to the original helmet. Don't know how much more labor goes into that brush painted look but they have decided to charge more.

Is Anovos worth getting over eFX? I know it costs more, I was able to find one to pre-order, but not sure if it's better than eFX or not.

Totally agree. The anovos looks very soft and somewhat warped. The efx PCR is very sharp and has probably the most accurate overall shape of any mass produced Vader helmet (with the obvious exception of the fiberglass helmets efx made, from which the PCR is descended).

Personally, now that I have the PCR, I can't see myself ever buying another mass produced Vader helmet unless efx does another run of their fiberglass versions (never gonna happen...). It's that good.

On a related note, my in-laws gave me the PCR Stormtrooper for Christmas. I know it's cleaned up and made symmetrical, but I still love it. Makes a great companion to the Vader!

893F152F-8D2E-4277-BACC-922FBF327959_zpsy3jymupb.jpg

4C75816B-447C-4E9E-8E4E-578E6FF78644_zpswxjvq8x3.jpg

771475B4-1335-4EC7-847D-49BB8C305407_zpsikc8gdtr.jpg

Awesome and I love that Ghidorah movie poster! The only movie where Godzilla fights Rodan and Mothra rallies them together into a 3-monster team. LOL! :rock

Thanks, I couldn't resist sneaking that in... it's my favorite Godzilla movie (and I'm as big a Godzilla nut as I am Star Wars...). It's an original 1965 US theatrical one sheet.

qvFcCxxh.jpg

Damn does this lid display well. Can't wait to add Shoretrooper and Kylo buckets alongside it.

Thanks, I couldn't resist sneaking that in... it's my favorite Godzilla movie (and I'm as big a Godzilla nut as I am Star Wars...). It's an original 1965 US theatrical one sheet.

That's awesome, Ghidrah is one of my favs from the Showa series. The only Goji poster I have in my collection is an original Godzilla 1985 one sheet.

Back