eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that is awesome! Everyone having a good time with it. :)

This is one advantage the Special Edition has over the Legend. I doubt anyone would pass around the Legend to the family like this. :lol

It was fun. No way would do that with legend edition. The flash does make the eyes show more. Stormtrooper helmet arrives Tuesday!

It was fun. No way would do that with legend edition. The flash does make the eyes show more. Stormtrooper helmet arrives Tuesday!

Thanks for the hint about the lense :)
Really the Trooper from EFX? Is there also the eyes more visible when taking pics with flash?

Thinking about grabbing one of these. Two questions, though: Is the special edition much better? The price difference is negligible, and their site claims it'll be in stock by next month. The reg is available now, so second question: Are most of you ordering directly from EFX, or a 3rd party retailer? Between here and RPF, I hear so many mixed things about ordering from places like EFX and Anovos. Apart from Sideshow, I am so used to dealing directly with individuals, aka people who make and sell props.

I owned both and decided to get rid of the regular. The brush effect really is beautiful but the c-scar is kind of annoying.

I would wait on the special edition.

Thinking about grabbing one of these. Two questions, though: Is the special edition much better? The price difference is negligible, and their site claims it'll be in stock by next month. The reg is available now, so second question: Are most of you ordering directly from EFX, or a 3rd party retailer? Between here and RPF, I hear so many mixed things about ordering from places like EFX and Anovos. Apart from Sideshow, I am so used to dealing directly with individuals, aka people who make and sell props.

Or if having the $ get the fiberglass versions: LE or Legend.

And you recommend the SE despite the bad c scar?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't own any, I own the EFX Legend and used to own the Limited Edition too - the 2 previous fiberglass helmets. If I had to choose between the new plastic ones, I'd go regular and have it repainted properly. The SE might be hand painted, but it still lacks the other paint scratches the screen helmet used have, so it is sanitized a lot with the paint apps. Not discussing here the accuracy of the sculpt.

Shouldn't the sculpt be perfect given it has been cast from the original?

The EFX master cast came from the Rick Baker mold in the Archives. A new mold was then made off the master cast and that is where the original EFX Legend and Limited Vader helmets came from. They were heavily sanitized and cleaned up from the master casting, which I assume Gino has since the one on his facebook page has a ton of surface detail. In a conversation I had with Gino a while back, he explained to me that the production helmets "had" to be altered and cleaned up because the factory workers in China would never know what imperfections to leave and what needed to be fixed. So EFX chose to leave a few "telling: details on the Legend and the rest of the details were filled in, and the Limited was cleaned up even more. Its a shame because the screen used ANH Vader has so many details on the surface, to see them lost especially on the Legend was sad. Good thing I got my SL. ;)

Shouldn't the sculpt be perfect given it has been cast from the original?

There's always going to be shrinkage in casting. So unless it's 3D scanned and adjusted to account for the shrinkage, made into a mold, and then cast than it won't be 100% from what I understand about the process.

Thanks for the info. That is really sad. And now I really don't know which helmet to go for. Efx regular, se or anovos?

Back