EFX Concept Vader Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you haven't seen it, check out Rebelscum's pictures from the McQuarrie exhibit at CV. They even had the first drawings he ever did for Star Wars. :yess:

I took more pictures of that exhibit than my entire first day. Unfortnately all at an angle to avoid glare. And I passed on the program even though I really wanted one, just because I didn't want to carry another thing. Hopefully I can get it direct from D&V later on.

Time To Invade This Thread With Pics!!!!! All With No Flash!! Will Post Some with Flash at The End!........All taken At Celebration V !!! Enjoy!!!

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

IMG_1844.jpg

Very Hard To Take Photos Of This Beauty, But It is One of The Most Impressive ! overtaking! Wow! Scene Steeling Piece I Have ever Seen!!! Really Happy I have it on Order!! I Was The Number#1 Fan Of This Helmet Since The Beginning and Looking at it In Person Just Created A Even Bigger Fan Of It..... IT IS THAT GOOD!

Some Love!!!!
61913889.jpg

ffc25946.jpg

88f42510.jpg

f765a5ed.jpg

At first I thought maybe it was only the angle of the lens that made the dome look extra wide on the Celebration pics - but as I look more carefully especially at the reflections on the surface -- it does look as if the dome of the one on display at celebration is pinched front to back - widening the dome from the front view
...just slightly, because if your look at the ration of the distance from the outer dome edge to the tusk to the other tusk -- all proto pix domes are narrower by a significant amount...

Again I hope this is just a one off...and not indicative of the lot.

more pix at Jez;s site
www.starwarshelmets.com

Today was to be the new ship date for the first 150 from China, but I'm starting to lose faith. I feel like all we are going to see is another delay notice. Why not be up front and give us a real ship date and stick to it, or say nothing at all until you are positive they will actually be headed over? First it was May, then June, then July, then late August, then mid September, then late September. Now what?

And then of course I have a feeling mine will be in the second batch. :(

Honestly, I think eFX has bigger delays then they would like to come out and say. I'm in full support of them, but I think most of their $$$ is tied up in product development and another bunch in manufacturing -which is taking the longest. They require a non-refundable deposit on items which they put towards development and since they're not shipping anything they can't bill anyone till the product is ready.

The word is that 150 units are on a boat to the US right now. The other 100 will ship later. DO I believe this, HELL NO. EFX has been telling lies from the time this went up for sale. I was even told at the last SDCC that they were on the way and that was July. So I will believe that they are here when I have on sitting on my shelf.

Just glad I'm holding out for the ANH Vader helmet. Of course I know it'll be a LONG time before it will ever sit on my shelf.

Wish I could get my hands on one of these if they every ship...anyone know of any leads...I know its long sold out.

I'm sure some will go up for sale from buyers once most of the orders have shipped. Happened with the eFX X-Wing plenty.

New date listed on the eFX website now:

"We are anticipating the first helmets to be shipped out of Asia approximately October 18, 2010."

Back