eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone found a stand to put this shield on? I picked one up and don't want to use the wall hanger it came with. I can't seem to find anything that will hold this and look decent at the same time.

Was eFX making the classic shield (with leather straps) in metal? Or was that only the AoU shield going to be metal?

They're really really really slow on releasing stuff

its far worse than that! i mean cmon. this company is horrid, and thats being nice. they claimed the biker scout lid would be done last october and took full payments, here we are a year later and they don't even tell people whats up!?! i wouldn't pre-order a thing from them until they clean their act up. its just plain unacceptable. i can't believe anyone would not ask for a refund. actually a few people have but never heard back. i miss MR. boy oh boy. i mean, just look at that website. looks like a student project from the school of the blind. they might be talented and well intention, but if you cannot execute a business plan then why are you in business? and how the heck did they get license from Marvel and SW and all the others with this kind of behavior? I've been a collector for years and years. i never ever saw anything even close to the train wreck called efx. MR was so good, i can't believe the same people are running Efx. sure, they do it part time....dont care. when they make something its great, but their pre order system and customer relations are pathetic.

Got my efx shield signed at SLCC 2015

d6cf9b3f-d5eb-4f60-801b-62746ee8b05d_zpsblj91bzg.jpg

(Clockwise)
Stan
Evans
Atwell
Mackie

Ran into a lot of folks that loved the shield and had plenty of questions about it. Damn shame efx drags ass when it comes to releasing any product. Also ran into a few "haters" that would make underhanded comments about it.... that they could get a cheaper, better quality shield somewhere else. :ohbfrank:

its far worse than that! i mean cmon. this company is horrid, and thats being nice. they claimed the biker scout lid would be done last october and took full payments, here we are a year later and they don't even tell people whats up!?! i wouldn't pre-order a thing from them until they clean their act up. its just plain unacceptable. i can't believe anyone would not ask for a refund. actually a few people have but never heard back. i miss MR. boy oh boy. i mean, just look at that website. looks like a student project from the school of the blind. they might be talented and well intention, but if you cannot execute a business plan then why are you in business? and how the heck did they get license from Marvel and SW and all the others with this kind of behavior? I've been a collector for years and years. i never ever saw anything even close to the train wreck called efx. MR was so good, i can't believe the same people are running Efx. sure, they do it part time....dont care. when they make something its great, but their pre order system and customer relations are pathetic.

Yea I too miss the MR days. Quality products and great customer service. While I like the look of the EFX Legend Scout helmet I could never justify the price tag.

Such a shame that Corgi ran MR into the ground after buying them out.

Got my efx shield signed at SLCC 2015

d6cf9b3f-d5eb-4f60-801b-62746ee8b05d_zpsblj91bzg.jpg

(Clockwise)
Stan
Evans
Atwell
Mackie

Ran into a lot of folks that loved the shield and had plenty of questions about it. Damn shame efx drags ass when it comes to releasing any product. Also ran into a few "haters" that would make underhanded comments about it.... that they could get a cheaper, better quality shield somewhere else. :ohbfrank:

Super jealous that's awesome!

my top bracket of wall mount (the marvel piece snapped) anyone who is not going to wall mount it would you be willing to sell it? I need to wall mount mine due to space restrictions

Looks like eFx is finally releasing that Iron Man Helmet. Got the pre-order information last night on my email.

IRON MAN MARK VII HELMET - LIMITED EDITION

- MSRP: US$679
- Edition size: 1,000 Pieces Worldwide
- Master Pattern made from the original molds used to make the screen-used helmets.
- Fiberglass construction
- Accurate 3 piece construction: Helmet, Faceplate and Back neck piece
- Padded interior
- EFX Display Base
- Numbered plaque
- Prop Story/COA

PAYMENT OPTIONS:
- Full Payment - $679 plus CA Sales Tax, if applicable
- Layaway Plan: $200 Deposit to place Pre-order.

1Rwp74W.jpg

IRON MAN MARK VII HELMET - SPECIAL EDITION

- MSRP: US$799
- Edition size: 500 Pieces Worldwide
- Master Pattern made from the original molds used to make the screen-used helmets.
- Fiberglass construction
- Accurate 3 piece construction: Helmet, Faceplate and Back neck piece
- Eye light up!
- Padded interior
- EFX Special Display Base
- Special Numbered plaque
- Prop Story/COA

PAYMENT OPTIONS:
- Full Payment - $799 plus CA Sales Tax, if applicable
- Layaway Plan: $250 Deposit to place Pre-order.

uPHhI3m.jpg

Check out our website for the latest information and details of each of these helmets, payment options and ordering information.

I got the email as well... first thing to nit-pick on this release... after all the time it took
to get this out on PRE-ORDER, the inside of the cheek area is not even the correct color.

It is supposed to be black, and they left it the same red as the rest of the helmet. Ugh. :slap

Isn't there supposed to be about a 1/4-1/2" gap where the gold facemask comes together with the chin making a mouth, which follows through up to the cheek? Looks like on these, the mouth joins together pretty tight. That separation defines the mouth on the helmet. But, perhaps they just don't have the facemask on right (or it can be futzed), like in the limited shot.

I'm also surprised they followed through on that high shine glossy gold for the face mask too. Their first paint scheme seemed more movie accurate. It's a lot more like brushed metal in the movies as far as I can tell. Has anyone seen it at a con to comment on if it looks okay?

Last edited:
Isn't there supposed to be about a 1/4-1/2" gap where the gold facemask comes together with the chin making a mouth, which follows through up to the cheek? Looks like on these, the mouth joins together pretty tight. That separation defines the mouth on the helmet. But, perhaps they just don't have the facemask on right (or it can be futzed), like in the limited shot.

I'm also surprised they followed through on that high shine glossy gold for the face mask too. Their first paint scheme seemed more movie accurate. It's a lot more like brushed metal in the movies as far as I can tell. Has anyone seen it at a con to comment on if it looks okay?

The original prop was gold. Issue was when filming the mask would reflect everything, so they would sand it to give it the brushed metal look. You can see it when Stan lee is invited to Legacy studios too. This is from the original molds and reproduced the same technique.

The original prop was gold. Issue was when filming the mask would reflect everything, so they would sand it to give it the brushed metal look. You can see it when Stan lee is invited to Legacy studios too. This is from the original molds and reproduced the same technique.

Thanks for the info. If that's the case I can see why they'd go with the gold. My eye still wants to see the brushed metal look, but at least it makes more sense.

Thanks for the info. If that's the case I can see why they'd go with the gold. My eye still wants to see the brushed metal look, but at least it makes more sense.

Same here, the polished look on this one dosent look that good imo and 800 for the light up, dam. Yeah after seeing this in person at sdcc I don't feel sold on this, not for 800 but good luck to all who want it.

I got the email too. Horrendously overpriced and incredibly late to market, but probably worth it for someone who absolutely needs an IM helmet with screen lineage. I'm sticking with Lager's Mk43 helmet, much more attractive price and better designed for costuming.

Trying to decided between this and the Lager. Have the efx Shield and hammer, so it be nice to complete the set, but its way too pricey. And I really dislike the shiny face plate. I have a hard time giving up the deposit before seeing a production piece. Anyone else have experience with Lager? Do they feel cheaply made?>

I still don't really understand the choice. Yes, it's made from the same molds but it's not movie accurate. They're leaving out a process to make it movie accurate, and that's the entire point of these collectibles, no?

Back