eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah $1000 might be a bit steep, I could see 7-8 but 1000 is up there. I just done understand why they didn't do a metal one to begin with. Makes me feel as if they just did a @uck you to everyone who bought the first one.

When the first release came, everyone kept saying that a 'true' prop of this wouldn't be made from metal, etc. etc., but yeah, makes NO sense, IMO. Why? Because eFX is going to market this the same way - with it being from the 'same specs, mold, etc.' from the original, but they'll add a twist. "This is made with metal for the most realistic and accurate version yet."

And those same people who defended use of fiber glass will say "well, yeah, this is obviously the most accurate way to go and any true prop collector must has this." And then people like you and me will say again..."Why didn't eFx just do that to begin with???"

Not trying to start anything with eFx fans. eFxs makes great work, but will almost guarantee (can't say 100% though) that eFx totally abandons fiber glass on all future shields because they saw what KAs and other companies were doing.

I just hope they'll have one that we can actually hold and not display. :wink1: It shouldn't be too hard to add straps to one of their metal shields, right? :pray:

I just hope they'll have one that we can actually hold and not display. :wink1: It shouldn't be too hard to add straps to one of their metal shields, right? :pray:

Their metal one on display hand no straps, right???

I forgot about that...

Their metal one on display hand no straps, right???

I forgot about that...

I remember someone posted it was supposed to be the AoU shield so yeah, no straps :thud:

It'd take a lot of wrist/forearm strength to carry that shield by its one handle. :lol Hopefully they make a version with straps, or even two metal handles, don't mind.

I remember someone posted it was supposed to be the AoU shield so yeah, no straps :thud:

It'd take a lot of wrist/forearm strength to carry that shield by its one handle. :lol Hopefully they make a version with straps, or even two metal handles, don't mind.

Forgot it was magnetic. That's right. :slap

Yeah, they need to forgo accuracy in that case. Or supply us with a magnetic forearm sleeve. :lol

When the first release came, everyone kept saying that a 'true' prop of this wouldn't be made from metal, etc. etc., but yeah, makes NO sense, IMO. Why? Because eFX is going to market this the same way - with it being from the 'same specs, mold, etc.' from the original, but they'll add a twist. "This is made with metal for the most realistic and accurate version yet."

And those same people who defended use of fiber glass will say "well, yeah, this is obviously the most accurate way to go and any true prop collector must has this." And then people like you and me will say again..."Why didn't eFx just do that to begin with???"

Not trying to start anything with eFx fans. eFxs makes great work, but will almost guarantee (can't say 100% though) that eFx totally abandons fiber glass on all future shields because they saw what KAs and other companies were doing.

Hate to say it but your right, I let missing out on a shield cloud my judgment and now im gonna pay the price, well more so. I always wanted metal to begin with. I honestly think they didn't go metal cuz they thought people wouldn't pay for it, now they know we will so there going for it, which makes good business sense all round but for us collectors its a big @uck you IMO. They barely just released the other shield and now there releasing the metal one??? That just tells me they have been planning this for some time now, especially since they had a prototype at the SDCC. There extremely lucky there isn't a another US company that can produce like them as of now, but if/when that does happen there for sure gonna be in some @hit. By far one of the worst turn around times from any company and one of the worst customer service as well IMO. If they did a discount for all of us buyers that bought the first one that would be cool but I aint holding my breath.

Get the shield a couple weeks back, I was concerned it would feel cheap since it wasn't made of metal, but I'm actually really impressed with the quality. I definitely think this it was worth the price, its become the new center of my collection. It blows the old Museum Replica one out of the water.

My wall mount did come damaged though -- one of the acrylic holders was snapped in half, anyone else run into this? I've been attempting to get a replacement part but customer service has been taking forever to address it, starting to get kinda nervous.

Hate to say it but your right, I let missing out on a shield cloud my judgment and now im gonna pay the price, well more so. I always wanted metal to begin with. I honestly think they didn't go metal cuz they thought people wouldn't pay for it, now they know we will so there going for it, which makes good business sense all round but for us collectors its a big @uck you IMO. They barely just released the other shield and now there releasing the metal one??? That just tells me they have been planning this for some time now, especially since they had a prototype at the SDCC. There extremely lucky there isn't a another US company that can produce like them as of now, but if/when that does happen there for sure gonna be in some @hit. By far one of the worst turn around times from any company and one of the worst customer service as well IMO. If they did a discount for all of us buyers that bought the first one that would be cool but I aint holding my breath.

Agreed and agreed. And I mean no disrespect to eFx and their customers. I think they're stuff looks great. It's just not for me. I HOPE they turn things around though. All I want is an awesome looking product and right now, I haven't been tempted by eFx. I hope that changes though. More competition will bring out the best in all of these companies. King Arts can improve on some things, but right now, they're my go-to for prop replicas. And yeah, as for the turn around time, that'll be another factor in my decision with eFx.

I'll sit back and see what the future holds. I'm falling in love with Ant-Man's helmet and the GOTG Orb. King Arts has a Ant-Man helmet on the way too though....

just got charged for my last payment for the cap Shield.

Then I got charged for $150 for shipping as well (ugh). Really annoyed I could not send the package to an American address (I'm Canadian) to save on shipping

just got charged for my last payment for the cap Shield.

Then I got charged for $150 for shipping as well (ugh). Really annoyed I could not send the package to an American address (I'm Canadian) to save on shipping

How much more would you have saved? $50?

How much more would you have saved? $50?

not sure, but I'm heading to the states at the end of August so I could have easily picked up the shield and saved on shipping. For those that ordered through eFX and live in the states, how much was shipping?

When I tried BBTS, they only charged $38 for shipping..

not sure, but I'm heading to the states at the end of August so I could have easily picked up the shield and saved on shipping. For those that ordered through eFX and live in the states, how much was shipping?

When I tried BBTS, they only charged $38 for shipping..

Wow. So big difference. : /

Yeah, curious as to shipping costs for others.

What is everyone's thoughts on the upcoming Ant-Man helmet from eFx?

We were talking about it briefly in the King Arts thread. Just curious.

Back