eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may pick this up and their new Cap shield.

I need to rewatch AOU again because I don't remember the shield looking that dark. I'm sure it did, but just saying I don't remember. The whole movie for me was just okay. Did not live up to the hype, IMO. A really good movie, but not "ZOMG!1!!! this is the greatest of all-time." I thought Loki was more of a threat than Ultron.

Prop wise, the darker colors look better for a movie shield. Brighter colors are more appropriate for a comics shield. After Winter Soldier, I think darker blue/red brushed dark look of this new shield is the ideal color palette for what they are trying to do with the character come Civil War.

I am glad I passed on the first one which funny enough seems to be very much available right now.

Prop wise, the darker colors look better for a movie shield. Brighter colors are more appropriate for a comics shield. After Winter Soldier, I think darker blue/red brushed dark look of this new shield is the ideal color palette for what they are trying to do with the character come Civil War.

I am glad I passed on the first one which funny enough seems to be very much available right now.

Yeah, I agree. I think that's one of the problems I had with the Museum Replica version of Captain's shield way back when. Of course, they were mention to be comic book versions, but I just didn't think they looked 'real' if that makes sense. I'm for, as you said, something that's more of the movie versions, more realistic.

I think all of these shield companies will end of flooding the market. But surprised, as you said, that the eFx is available as much as it is. There was a lot of hype with these things.

Great... Now I gotta peddle away the current efx shield. I mean, a metal shield was always ideal and what I wanted. If down the line they make another hammer, I think I may throw in the towel with efx. I really like their stuff too :gah:

I remember the 1 day sell out hype on the original shield...yet, little by little BBTS has been getting a lot of stock on these as if eFX held back some stock. I don't think they anticipated all the shield options from KA at the time when theirs eventually got released with all the delays. Even on that video you hear the guy mention that they still have some if you contact them directly.

Great... Now I gotta peddle away the current efx shield. I mean, a metal shield was always ideal and what I wanted. If down the line they make another hammer, I think I may throw in the towel with efx. I really like their stuff too :gah:

Have you see King Arts' offerings? Check out the thread in the Marvel section. Top notch, IMO.

I remember the 1 day sell out hype on the original shield...yet, little by little BBTS has been getting a lot of stock on these as if eFX held back some stock. I don't think they anticipated all the shield options from KA at the time when theirs eventually got released with all the delays. Even on that video you hear the guy mention that they still have some if you contact them directly.

Yeah, I remember being sucked in myself. Then I saw King Arts....:lol

It's a great looking shield though. No disrespect to those that own it, but I agree I think King Arts and some other non-licenses items made it to the main stream quicker and really put a damper on things, but oddly enough though, it's crickets in the KA thread.

Like besides my photos and maybe two other people, I don't really see much around. Who's buying everything?!?! :lol

Much like XM statues I think KA items are becoming a little trickier to obtain. I think eFX should have more urgency with their Marvel items. The nostalgia of Star Wars props perhaps allows for more patience...this Marvel stuff you gotta come through immediately.

Much like XM statues I think KA items are becoming a little trickier to obtain. I think eFX should have more urgency with their Marvel items. The nostalgia of Star Wars props perhaps allows for more patience...this Marvel stuff you gotta come through immediately.

I couldn't agree more. What bothers me about KAs now though are these 'second waves' they're producing. Not too keen on all of that. Make a run. Move on.

Did they put out another run of shields? How's the paint job, any improvements?
No new run of shield as the wall mount shields ordered last July are just now being shipped to US. I think the time gap between the pedestal and wall mount arrivals has led to some confusion. They went up for PO at the same time.

I need to get my facts straight. I had a long discussion in the KAs thread yesterday about a 'new wave'. The guy had me convinced. I think he's mistaken though. I did some detective work - his point was they talk about a "rechargeable battery" on the Wall Mounts - which the current doesn't have. He thought they were producing a 'second wave' Between that and some what I now believe is confusion on the ship days, I think he's mistaken.

Check out the KAs thread.

In other news, there's a new battle damaged King Arts shield coming that looks amazeballs-totally different look and for some like me who has the battle damaged, I also now need this new one too. :lol

Hey man, I actually cancelled the current BD shield after all. Looks like I made the right decision, that new BD shield is exactly what I'd want :)

I need to get my facts straight. I had a long discussion in the KAs thread yesterday about a 'new wave'. The guy had me convinced. I think he's mistaken though. I did some detective work - his point was they talk about a "rechargeable battery" on the Wall Mounts - which the current doesn't have. He thought they were producing a 'second wave' Between that and some what I now believe is confusion on the ship days, I think he's mistaken.

Check out the KAs thread.

In other news, there's a new battle damaged King Arts shield coming that looks amazeballs-totally different look and for some like me who has the battle damaged, I also now need this new one too. :lol

I need to rewatch AOU again because I don't remember the shield looking that dark. I'm sure it did, but just saying I don't remember.

Re-posting this video, shows some of the AoU shield props starting around 0:23. The main shields were definitely darker than previous versions but there is some color variation among the SU props depending on the shot. The eFX prototype looks pretty close but the finish looks more matte compared to the SU shields, could just be the video though.

There it is! Thanks for posting that. Some other shots at the :54 mark as well. It does look pretty darn close! :lecture

Efx is dead to me . Such a terribly run company, but can't deny they eventually make great products ..

You have their current shield, no?

I'll definitely be open for this metal shield if they clean up their act. And the price is right....$1000 is not the right price though.

You have their current shield, no?

I'll definitely be open for this metal shield if they clean up their act. And the price is right....$1000 is not the right price though.

I have the current efx shield, and while it has it's merit of authenticity to the movie, it is missing a sort of "X" or "Wow" factor to me. I'm hoping this new metal shield will fill that void. 1000$ might be hard to justify, but if it is authentic to the movie, as well as an officially licensed product, I have to bite that bullet. efx has to make this the definitive shield this time around. It really comes down to the delays.

I have the current efx shield, and while it has it's merit of authenticity to the movie, it is missing a sort of "X" or "Wow" factor to me. I'm hoping this new metal shield will fill that void. 1000$ might be hard to justify, but if it is authentic to the movie, as well as an officially licensed product, I have to bite that bullet. efx has to make this the definitive shield this time around. It really comes down to the delays.

Have you given the King Arts versions a try yet? Any interest?

I'm given them the advantage as of now.

Yeah $1000 might be a bit steep, I could see 7-8 but 1000 is up there. I just done understand why they didn't do a metal one to begin with. Makes me feel as if they just did a @uck you to everyone who bought the first one.

Back