eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's my wallet that wants to give up not me! Lol I'm actually hoping three port delays play out in my favor. I would absolutely love to compare them side by side.

Hang in there!!! :lol

I really do think the KA will come out a lot better than people are giving them credit for. I could be wrong, but still...

Hang in there!!! :lol

I really do think the KA will come out a lot better than people are giving them credit for. I could be wrong, but still...

KA is still in contention IMO, simply due to the fact their shield is going to be metal. How it will look has yet to be determined. I'm gonna hold out as long as I can and hopefully both will come after I get my taxes done :D

KA is still in contention IMO, simply due to the fact their shield is going to be metal. How it will look has yet to be determined. I'm gonna hold out as long as I can and hopefully both will come after I get my taxes done :D

That's the attitude. :rock

Hope it works out. I agree though. The metal is a big factor, IMO.

That's the attitude. :rock

Hope it works out. I agree though. The metal is a big factor, IMO.

I'm going to make BBTS make me cancel a pre order before I do it willingly lol

But me too. I guess it comes from my love of Master Replicas and the old Factory X stuff, I prefer metal replicas. Either way I'll finally have a Cap shield in my collection.

I'm going to make BBTS make me cancel a pre order before I do it willingly lol

But he's me too. I guess it comes from my love of Master Replicas and the old Factory X stuff, I prefer metal replicas. Either way I'll finally have a Cao shield in my collection.

Oh, I miss Factory X. I have a BUNCH of Buffy props. Top notch. I loved all of their stuff. Good times.

Shield #122 arrived yesterday. After much debate of the compare/contrast with the upcoming King Arts shields throughout waiting for the shield to arrive, I knew better than to doubt eFX's track record of quality. They do not disappoint with Captain America's Shield. I am very pleased with my purchase and am impressed with the paints apps and how it appears to be spun aluminum. I have the aforementioned KA on pre-order and am not sure what I'll do with them. If this is the only shield to reside in my home, I'm pleased. Here are some pics and thoughts:

Up-close shots.
Precision with the paint apps and the appearance of spun aluminum (If you're not familiar with this shield, it is made of fiberglass like the stunt prop from the Avengers movie...King Arts promotes an aluminum shield). It looks very impressive.

Everyday viewing on wall mount
This thing looks great on the wall! The wall mount is the lone downer for me. Perhaps I was spoiled by the sheer awesomeness of eFX's Mjolnir stand as this wall mount pales in comparison. I will look into coming up with my own mount as the logos detract from the shield for me. I would have preferred the transparent supports without logos. If you plan on displaying a 1:1 scale shield on a pedestal and not on a wall, you will need a large space.

On display with other replicas
Here's the shield on display with my other replicas. The shield isn't centered as I went with a pre-existing hole while mulling over what to do with a custom wall mount. As you can see, the shield fits in beautifully with eFX's Thor's Mjolnir.

Great job, eFX! The gong case that comes with is an excellent and thoughtful inclusion. Bravo!

I read a lot of heat towards eFX regarding delays, etc and feel that their past history bit them on this order. This shield went up for PO in May 2014 and was still delivered to my door well under a year from PO. Sideshow statues are almost always at least a year wait. There was one delay that appeared to be QC-related but we shouldn't complain about eFX's insistence on delivering top notch stuff...the consumer wins by waiting a bit longer. The nearly month long delay in December-January was beyond eFX's control with the port strike.

In the end, this is a superb product and currently hangs proudly in my collection. Congrats to all of those who got in on the pre-orders and will get theirs in the near future!

I'd love to see this in comparison with the non licensed aluminium spun shields (the fully painted lot)

That was the only reason that I didn't get the eFx, because I already had a shield, but nonetheless it's looking top notch

Glad so many folk are now getting cap shields, we should have a shield party haha

Thanks for the photos and review BDoggWhite. The shield looks good, it's a shame the grooves on the star are not very visible. Other than that, looks like a good acquisition.

It looks gorgeous! What's with all the compares with KA? eFX is king. If you want quality, go with eFX! :)

Why would we not compare it with King Arts at this point? Both replica shields, releasing at the same time,
made out of different material... with different bases... seems like the perfect situation to compare products
from two different companies.

And also... how can you draw the conclusion that King Arts is not quality product?
Just because it is EFX does not make it the be-all end-all of Captain America shields.

In all honesty, the paint apps on the EFX one make the star details look like crap. Look at the close-up of
the corner of the star. The small circles are almost completely covered-up, because the paint is caked on there.

20150124_151248.jpg

Wow, you read a little too much into my comment. I'm just a fan of eFX and their quality products. That's it. :) Of course, it's worth looking at KA. Personally, however, I feel very confident in eFX, and it's an easy pick for me.

Wow, you read a little too much into my comment. I'm just a fan of eFX and their quality products. That's it. :) Of course, it's worth looking at KA. Personally, however, I feel very confident in eFX, and it's an easy pick for me.

I just see a lot of bashing on King Arts, with no real support to it at this point.
I agree that efx has delivered some good products, especially their Avengers Mjolnir.

I am a little let down with the efx shield, but that is only based on early pics.
Hopefully as more reviews come in, there will be positive feedback.

For the price, I feel it's a big letdown not having a proper stand to display it next to Mjolnir... :(

KA:
10945726_950356541663678_8545129577386520995_n.jpg

For the price, I feel it's a big letdown not having a proper stand to display it next to Mjolnir... :(

Well, they are giving you the wall hanger. Guess efx felt that anyone who would display it
next to Mjolnir would want it hanging on the wall.

I do like the KA stand. My biggest complaint would be the logo plaque, lol.
I am very anti-plaques with names and logos on them. I just feel it is not necessary.
The efx plaques are nice though, especially with the edition number.

Back