eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Setup looks great, I think the hammers being spread out is a good move. Yes, a hammer and helmet need to be displayed together for sure...

Setup looks great, I think the hammers being spread out is a good move. Yes, a hammer and helmet need to be displayed together for sure...

:hi5::duff

BTW. I just got the tracking number for my hammer. Obviously, I'm imagining that it is simply through the air towards me as we speak. :)

Hahahahaha congrats Chris!! That's hilarious...:lol

Hehe, I'm so ready!

the-avengers-thor-hammer.gif

You're gonna love it. It is a nice piece

Yea, I'm quite positive that I will! Been a while since I got something prop replica. I think the last one I got was the Boromir sword by United Cutlery. My home is like an armory. The other day, I found Gandalfs sword under my dinner table. Totally forgot it was there.

I'm actually considering shifting all my PFs and getting into prop replicas and busts instead. A new phase maybe...

TBH I've started leaning towards props as well, the funny thing is my mates pick up Mjolnir and think it's the coolest thing. I never expected it to be a stand out piece but people tell me they like it the most out of everything I have, whilst at the same time they think my statues are just toys, so there is something to be said for props, I mean it's one thing look at a Thor PF and think 'that's a nice model' but it's a different experience to hold Mjolnir and be Thor (well you get my drift), it's more visceral.

Anyway, Mjolnir has sold like hotcakes on eBay, seen a lot of them go from Elite Collectibles since I got mine, I got mine in the 500s, now it's up to nearly 700 (and the last one as I write this), if there's any batches left the price point will rise again so I wouldn't wait if you want one.

TBH I've started leaning towards props as well, the funny thing is my mates pick up Mjolnir and think it's the coolest thing. I never expected it to be a stand out piece but people tell me they like it the most out of everything I have, whilst at the same time they think my statues are just toys, so there is something to be said for props, I mean it's one thing look at a Thor PF and think 'that's a nice model' but it's a different experience to hold Mjolnir and be Thor (well you get my drift), it's more visceral.

Anyway, Mjolnir has sold like hotcakes on eBay, seen a lot of them go from Elite Collectibles since I got mine, I got mine in the 500s, now it's up to nearly 700 (and the last one as I write this), if there's any batches left the price point will rise again so I wouldn't wait if you want one.

I know exactly what you mean.

There's some unique quality to props and prop replicas. It's like being able to stick you hand through your television set, pick up something from a scene, and feel its weight, the texture, the physical object. It creates a special connection to the movie. Statues don't have this quality. They just look cool. Props are the collectibles you pick up and really feel.

All up to collector preference, I just collect whatever I think is cool. I do notice that my full scale props/costumes are definitely more head-turners than my figures and statues. I think to the casual person, the latter just seem like toys whereas the former look and feel more like museum pieces. Clearly they also have a size advantage, being full scale and all.

All up to collector preference, I just collect whatever I think is cool. I do notice that my full scale props/costumes are definitely more head-turners than my figures and statues. I think to the casual person, the latter just seem like toys whereas the former look and feel more like museum pieces. Clearly they also have a size advantage, being full scale and all.

Yea definitely impact the viewer in a different way, and speak to laymen in a different way.

Back