eFX Announce The Avengers Collectibles!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you don't like it you could put it on ebay and make a profit on it.

IF you are willing to hold it and wait until the market dries up. You will not be able to compete with dealers and after the high ebay fees and high shipping costs, you will make nothing or go into the red. But for those who think they will quick flip for profit now, forget it.

IF you are willing to hold it and wait until the market dries up. You will not be able to compete with dealers and after the high ebay fees and high shipping costs, you will make nothing or go into the red. But for those who think they will quick flip for profit now, forget it.

The one that I was outbid on ended at around $790 plus $40 to ship. I just checked my bbts order and total was $640 shipped. Now I admit that I haven't sold anything in a while on ebay but, would they really take over $190 in fees for this?

The one that I was outbid on ended at around $790 plus $40 to ship. I just checked my bbts order and total was $640 shipped. Now I admit that I haven't sold anything in a while on ebay but, would they really take over $190 in fees for this?

Between eBay and Paypal, you're looking at approx. $100-$110ish in fees - that's not exact math though. So in that scenario, you're making about $40.

Between fronting the capital to buy the shield, then the time to list, ship, then the concern of is the seller going to hassle you for an imperfection, etc., it wouldn't be worth it, IMO.

To each his own though. $40 is $40.

Between eBay and Paypal, you're looking at approx. $100-$110ish in fees - that's not exact math though. So in that scenario, you're making about $40.

Between fronting the capital to buy the shield, then the time to list, ship, then the concern of is the seller going to hassle you for an imperfection, etc., it wouldn't be worth it, IMO.

Chapter 2099,

Thank you for the heads up. That sucks that they take that much in fees. I guess if I didn't like it I would sit on it till the market dries up then.

On a different note, has anybody come up with a way to display this on a wall using something else than the wall mount that they send with this?

Chapter 2099,

Thank you for the heads up. That sucks that they take that much in fees. I guess if I didn't like it I would sit on it till the market dries up then.

On a different note, has anybody come up with a way to display this on a wall using something else than the wall mount that they send with this?

Yeah, the fees are ridiculous! Don't get me wrong. I could be off by a little, but I'm not far off.

I pretty much sell stuff to get rid of it, nowadays. I mean I don't want to break even, but realistically, that's what I end up doing many of times. :lol

You make a good point as well, some with BBTS orders hoping to flip may deliver an imperfect shield, and then they are on the hook, because BBTS isn't going to take that shield back if you re-sold it.
In addition, BBTS shipping rate of $40 is quite low. Depending on distance, the average Joe is paying $50 - $80 to ship one of these short or long distance. Between ebay and Paypal fees is almost 15% AND they charge you the ebay fee on the shipping fee as well, so you already lose on shipping right from the start because what they calculate and what it costs you is less.

Also they would be your competition in selling the ones you have on ebay right now right?

Cancellations due to the broken strap problem, I reckon....

Not to mention all the competition. Two other companies came out with, arguably, better shields. Not to mention all the people offering hight quality custom shields.

Cancellations due to the broken strap problem, I reckon....

Lol, its a non-issue blown out of proportion due to forum hysteria. If anything, KA version has way more paint blemish issues, and other issues then the infamous efx strap. I sold over 100 of these and not 1 strap issue and not one unhappy buyer. The only 1 issue was a missing rivet on a strap.
BBTS stock will not last long.

UPS literally just knocked on the door. It has arrived. I'm just in awe at the size of the box. It will take me a while to open. I'll slowly take pics and post all at once. Be back in an hour or so-ish...

Ignore....

Wrong thread.

On second thought, if you guys ARE interested, I just received my King Arts Battle Damaged version Captain America shield (Wallmount Version) in. It'll be a while, but this thing is a beast. Have yet to open the box. Still staring at it. :lol

I'll post in the KA thread.

Last edited:
Back