Edition size: NRD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have kept everything that i have bought. This is probably due to selective buying. I only buy what i like and what i have room for. (It actually helps when you have extra rooms dedicated to collecting) I actually plan on never selling any piece that i have collected. I mean isn't this what collecting is about? or is collecting about investments and selling things?
You are very fortunate to have such collecting habits and boundless space available. To me, collecting is really about enjoyment and investment both. When you own hundreds of larger pieces, it's about out with the old, in with the new. I have plenty of display space, but it's still pretty much taken up. Since there's no way I can pass up a brilliant piece, something has to go every now and then. And when that piece goes, I don't even want to bother if it's gonna go for approximately squat.

I've also had hard times financially in the past, and I am thankful I had plenty of so-called grails and other such valuable pieces to sell and pay the bills and put food on the table. Therefore, future value always matters to me. If the value of a piece is destined to go down, I simply wait a while and become one of the fortunate souls that gets it for a steal instead of one of the unlucky bastards that wastes their money on something that will be next to worthless in the future. That's logical to me.

You are very fortunate to have such collecting habits and boundless space available. To me, collecting is really about enjoyment and investment both. When you own hundreds of larger pieces, it's about out with the old, in with the new. I have plenty of display space, but it's still pretty much taken up. Since there's no way I can pass up a brilliant piece, something has to go every now and then. And when that piece goes, I don't even want to bother if it's gonna go for approximately squat.

I've also had hard times financially in the past, and I am thankful I had plenty of so-called grails and other such valuable pieces to sell and pay the bills and put food on the table. Therefore, future value always matters to me. If the value of a piece is destined to go down, I simply wait a while and become one of the fortunate souls that gets it for a steal instead of one of the unlucky bastards that wastes their money on something that will be next to worthless in the future. That's logical to me.

I can understand where you are coming from and you have made some valid points in your post. Like when it comes to financial woes and making extra room. As i will eventually run out of room myself one day also. So i can relate. But the only thing that gets me, is that some collectors (not you) will say that they will actually base the purchase of a piece on the ES and nothing else. That's the type of logic that confuses me.

I mean how do these types collectors display their piece? With the base pointing up so they can see the # on the bottom or do they actually care to look at the awesome sculpt? I mean isn't that what you're actually buying the piece for? I know i am.

Personally, i would enjoy knowing that i own a highly sought after, rare piece that retains it's value but, when it comes down to it. If my pieces are worth only pennies a few years from now, i am still going to enjoy owning them.

It's great to get different perspectives and diverse collecting habits on this limited high end collectible industry.

Having full disclosure of the edition size won't hurt any collectors, but help the ones that prefer to know this when putting money down, just like accurate scale information and proper specs at time of purchase. Not everyone cares about scale and dimensions, but it definitely helps the ones that are interested. NRD seems to be a pretty successful system (great job on that Sideshow), but having a stated edition size is important for some buyers to make informed decisions when money changes hands. It was a great job by SSC by adding in the ES for the recent Skaar PF on PO day, and I'm glad they value collector's opinions enough to provide several responses in this thread alone.

Last edited:
It's great to get different perspectives and diverse collecting habits on this limited high end collectible industry.

Having full disclosure of the edition size won't hurt any collectors, but help the ones that prefer to know this when putting money down, just like accurate scale information and proper specs at time of purchase. Not everyone cares about scale and dimensions, but it definitely helps the ones that are interested. NRD seems to be a pretty successful system (great job on that Sideshow), but having a stated edition size is important for some buyers to make informed decisions when money changes hands. It was a great job by SSC by adding in the ES for the recent Skaar PF on PO day, and I'm glad they value collector's opinions enough to provide several responses in this thread alone.

:goodpost::goodpost::exactly:

Anyone who buys these type collectibles as an investment is an idiot. There are thousands of better ways to invest that money.

If you buy something and can sell it later for a higher price , great if not you should expect that.

Anyone who buys these type collectibles as an investment is an idiot. There are thousands of better ways to invest that money.

If you buy something and can sell it later for a higher price , great if not you should expect that.
Folks that call other folks idiots should have far better grammar.

Sideshow, I applauded the decision you made to release the edition number on Skaar Hulk with the NRD.

Now, here I go to order Colossus PF and Batman 1:1 bust, and once again there is no edition number with a NRD.

Why is this happening? Why can we not get an edition number when you ask for an NRD?

I am a bit frustrated and truly do not understand the rationale behind this type of decision.

Please explain.

Thank-you.

With new new 1:1 Batman the NRD is a problem for me. No edition, No Exclusive. I can shop around at dealer sites, or just wait and try to get it cheaper if the edition is high. Sucks not knowing.

Sideshow, I applauded the decision you made to release the edition number on Skaar Hulk with the NRD.

Now, here I go to order Colossus PF and Batman 1:1 bust, and once again there is no edition number with a NRD.

Why is this happening? Why can we not get an edition number when you ask for an NRD?

I am a bit frustrated and truly do not understand the rationale behind this type of decision.

Please explain.

Thank-you.

With new new 1:1 Batman the NRD is a problem for me. No edition, No Exclusive. I can shop around at dealer sites, or just wait and try to get it cheaper if the edition is high. Sucks not knowing.

Agreed. :goodpost:

yeah b/c there's gonna be a ton made :dunno

Probably, being Batman. The higher tickets items bring in a smaller fan base. I have no clue what the editon will be. thinking from 400 - 1000. Anything over 600 changes my buying options. But its a guessing game.

Probably, being Batman. The higher tickets items bring in a smaller fan base. I have no clue what the editon will be. thinking from 400 - 1000. Anything over 600 changes my buying options. But its a guessing game.

wolverine was 350. batman won't be a high ES

Thats kinda apples and oranges... if i was a gambler id bet its higher then wolverine. (but would love to be wrong)

no one guesses joker ex pf will have an es of 1250.

I really think alot of people bought that not only because it's Joker, but the first ever DC piece by ssc and alot of people think that this will reach grail status and be worth quite a bit down the road.

Please explain.

Thank-you.

Can anyone from SS address the rationale behind the questions posed?

I agree that people should not buy these as an investment. However, only an idiot will spend 700-800 dollars on a bust which can be got at his/her LCS for a good discount or on eBay a number of months later for $500. Edition sizes give a certain amount of certainty.

I suspect SS simply do not know how many of these they expect to sell and are basing their ES on orders made over a number of weeks. There is serious uncertainty in the world economy with fears of another recession and banking crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back