eBAY seller just charged double the shipping fee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixthScaleEdward

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just ordered something on ebay, but the invoice that the seller sent me is charging me double for shipping than what was originally stated on the listing.

E-mailed him last week and he still hasn't replied yet about it.

Is this something normal or is this a scam on the part of the seller?

(I'm only having it shipped within the US btw)

Yeah, unless the seller posted something in the listing mentioning shipping fees to be recalculated, etc, I'd jump ship on this one.

You bought through ebay but got an invoice too? Sorry ive never had this, I usually win and item and go through the payment proccess and nothing changes... did he invoice you after the fact?

You needed a thread for this? It's like my wife picking up a loaner car and yelling at me for how dirty it was. My reply to her was "why the hell did YOU agree to pick it up and drive away?" :rotfl:slap

Maybe the seller took into account the fact that you live in the Philippines?

Edit: Just saw this now. "(I'm only having it shipped within the US btw)"

Last edited:
so you are spending 85 bucks for these but 15 shipping is too much?

Also, What state is it shipping to? you never said.

I just checked and for me the shipping would be around 18. So wherever you are shipping it it would be 3 dollars cheaper than what it would be for me If I got this...

Is it the confirmed address for PayPal and Ebay?

i've found more and more international registered buyers on ebay that have a confirmed paypal address in the US. possibly relative or friend that receives their item, then forwards it so they don't have to pay duty tax.

sellers need to be aware because their liability would end in the US and not include the forward out of the country.

so you are spending 85 bucks for these but 15 shipping is too much?

Also, What state is it shipping to? you never said.

I just checked and for me the shipping would be around 18. So wherever you are shipping it it would be 3 dollars cheaper than what it would be for me If I got this...

Shipping it to CA. 15 bucks is nothing, but seeing that this is the first time this ebayer is selling something, I might as well identify the crook before it attempts something bigger.

It's the idea that he's attempting something like this that has me worried.

Is it the confirmed address for PayPal and Ebay?

i've found more and more international registered buyers on ebay that have a confirmed paypal address in the US. possibly relative or friend that receives their item, then forwards it so they don't have to pay duty tax.

Yeahp, registered at paypal and ebay. I've been sending a lot of stuff to this address.

Darkmatter has it correct.

Shipping it to CA. 15 bucks is nothing, but seeing that this is the first time this ebayer is selling something, I might as well identify the crook before it attempts something bigger.

It's the idea that he's attempting something like this that has me worried.

Yeahp, registered at paypal and ebay. I've been sending a lot of stuff to this address.

Darkmatter has it correct.

now that you mentioned that... yeah that's F-d up.... :monkey1

Just got a reply ..lol

shipping charges is based on location where the items to be sent, what i believe i will have to pay $15.30 for it... Any difference from what you will pay will be refunded...

I guess shipping calculator's not working as it should..?

You needed a thread for this? It's like my wife picking up a loaner car and yelling at me for how dirty it was. My reply to her was "why the hell did YOU agree to pick it up and drive away?" :rotfl:slap

You needed a post for this? This isn't your wife!

:)

Back