Ebay Seller Fees

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What an interesting thread. Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

I can't comment yet on what it's like to sell on these forums, as I haven't sold anything here yet. I've lurked through these forums for years, reading reviews and tips from others in this community. These forums have been an invaluable resource (and just plain fun), and I finally registered almost 2 years ago.

But like the other fellow in this thread, I haven't sold anything here due to my low post count. However, I do have experience selling on eBay, Kijiji, and other forums. I sell mostly iPhones, Apple gear, and audiophile products, and they've all sold well to varying degrees -- Apple products generally holding the best resale value. And I've actually MADE money on certain niche audio products like STAX, McIntosh, and the like.

Collectible figures, however, are a far different story. It isn't at all like what Steve Carell's character experienced in "the 40 Year-Old Virgin." I've had a tough time selling Hot Toys figures, and it hasn't been for lack of trying. I think "Franpincho" is correct in that these "dolls" just aren't worth that much. At the very least, nobody should go into this hobby thinking they will profit. I would advise people to really think hard about an item before purchasing it for their collection -- because chances are, it won't be worth much on the secondary market, and they'll just come to regret the initial purchase.

But if you really love that damn figure, then it doesn't matter how much someone else will pay you for it.

Back