Ebay Seller Fees

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this, forum, was a good selling platform for you Americans?
Pretty hard for us Brits. I don't even bother listing here anymore.

I thought this, forum, was a good selling platform for you Americans?
Pretty hard for us Brits. I don't even bother listing here anymore.

Well, you have buyers that want 'deals' and sellers that want ebay prices. And then Brits that whine for not shipping to them.....

There's a lotta scamming on there

there's a lot of scamming everywhere, this board has had it's fair share.

Well, you have buyers that want 'deals' and sellers that want ebay prices. And then Brits that whine for not shipping to them.....

It's always the noob international buyers that ask to ship to them. The others know better.

I concur on selling here. When I list I also don't expect much responses(unless I price it low) but maybe it's because I sell pretty common Hot Toys. I sold some here and on Facebook but Ebay has always been reliable when i want to get rid of something around the price I want. I'm about to sell a HT figure this week and I'm just going to list it on ebay without even trying here first.

selling a $300 figure isn't nearly as bad of a hit as selling a $2k statue, so if I were selling figures, I would prolly prefer ebay as the fees wouldn't be as big.

Maybe a bit OT, but is Paypal the only method of payment out there that people will use ? Kind of getting sick of the high fees. You can say all you want in your ad "+ shipping + Paypal fees" but the buyer always talks you down in price anyways, so you end up paying for them in the end lol

Don't ever put plus fees. That is lame. Those are your fees. If you are going to pass them on to the buyer, then include them in the price and leave off the 'plus fees' bit.

Fair enough that they're seller fees but the point Gates70 is making there is that ''including'' them in the price doesn't matter in the end when 98% of buyers haggle you down anyway.

You're right aswell though - saying ''add paypal fees'' will put some people off from the start and those that do PM will.....still try to haggle you down....so there's no escaping it. You just have to accept what you can get really and as a seller you will be paying the fees.

Don't ever put plus fees. That is lame. Those are your fees. If you are going to pass them on to the buyer, then include them in the price and leave off the 'plus fees' bit.

Fair enough that they're seller fees but the point Gates70 is making there is that ''including'' them in the price doesn't matter in the end when 98% of buyers haggle you down anyway.

You're right aswell though - saying ''add paypal fees'' will put some people off from the start and those that do PM will.....still try to haggle you down....so there's no escaping it. You just have to accept what you can get really and as a seller you will be paying the fees.

I never put "+ Paypal fees", just a statement. I do see a lot of people doing it though.

People need to realize that their dolls aren't worth as much as they think though. Yeah, it sucks that you bought a Black Widow barbie for $230 but people are willing to pay only $180 for it shipped, or even less. It's the norm, HT's aren't what they use to be. Not that there's some items that do not become rare and appreciate in value, but for the most part, you will lose money on it.

Take that guy that's selling his Batfleck doll on these boards for $500+. he paid out of the ass to have it early, now he assumes is perfectly fine to put it up for that price.

Talk about insanity.

Well, if there's any chance at all of making your money back it's on Batman stuff. At least that's how it was with the Nolan figures. I of course always sold at the wrong time when they were least in demand.

If you can get what you ask for it, good on ya! Nothing wrong with making a profit. I would try a higher price on anything I was going to sell. I wouldn't take a loss on anything. I'd keep it first. To me, unless you're hard up for money, there's no sense giving something away.

Back