eBay buyers - idiots?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've experienced that as well. Relatively minor compared to these seller issues. I mean, having to wait a little longer for an item really isn't that big of a deal is it?

Predator1221 said:
I must confess that I have been guilty of taking a little longer than I should to ship things every now and again. Usually b/c I have overextended myself with the # of items I have sold. I always maintain good communication though. I have seen so many auctions go south on ebay simply b/c of a failure to communicate.

Well, the waiting part really wasn't my point. As Predator pointed out, communication goes a very long way especially when it involves other people's time and money (that goes for both buyers and sellers.) Sure, its a minor issue compared to these other problems out there but its still an inconvenience especially when you just waited x amount of weeks to receive something faulty, not as described, or something completely different than what you paid for.

^^^Don't trust this guy. He uses his little fruity colored factory working midget slaves to bump up the prices on all the stuff he sells on EBay. Those little bastards. Plus they sing songs WHILE they're screwing you over.

"Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-do
With one simple click I raised the price up on you
Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-daw
I bet my last bid felt like a kick in the balls!"

:mad:

^^^Don't trust this guy. He uses his little fruity colored factory working midget slaves to bump up the prices on all the stuff he sells on EBay. Those little bastards. Plus they sing songs WHILE they're screwing you over.

"Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-do
With one simple click I raised the price up on you
Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-daw
I bet my last bid felt like a kick in the balls!"

:mad:

Meh, I hear he prefers kids anyway. Favors the boys, too. :lecture:lecture:lecture

So tell me, what do you guys really think happens in the "juicer room" (in reference to violet)? Yea that's right, I'm in it for the boys and girls :1-1: I won't even get into what goes on with the lickable wallpaper...

So tell me, what do you guys really think happens in the "juicer room" (in reference to violet)? Yea that's right, I'm in it for the boys and girls :1-1: I won't even get into what goes on with the lickable wallpaper...

Phil already gave us a hint. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

244134_o.gif

What about not leaving any buyer feedback? Ebay has really put sellers in a box with this lopsided deal. Maybe dont leave any FB at all. But dont expect to get any more either. Just sjut it diwn until there's a change in policy.

I had a buyer ask " if I bid on your item and win, can I pay for it in about 2 months or pay it off" WTF

What about not leaving any buyer feedback? Ebay has really put sellers in a box with this lopsided deal. Maybe dont leave any FB at all. But dont expect to get any more either. Just sjut it diwn until there's a change in policy.

That does nothing to show what a disgraceful member they are. :lol

My blocked bidder list is pretty long too. Can't be too careful, and it's nice when less than intelligent people reveal their nature before the transaction.

I had a buyer ask " if I bid on your item and win, can I pay for it in about 2 months or pay it off" WTF

At least he had the decency to be honest enough to ask you up front. Maybe it is something he really wants but is short on means but could pay in time. If he was sincere and would be sure to pay me, I would demand an NRD up front, of 10-25%.

Sometimes its just best to avoid people that can't afford this hobby/life style. Maybe that bidder should just save that 2 months of money and then buy the item then from someone else? :slap

On the other end of the spectrum, I bought a figure on ebay this weekend and it arrived today. In the auction it said it was complete (specifically mentioning the packaging too) and from a smoke free home. What arrives today? A smokey, incomplete box with missing extra wrist pegs (the pegs are minor, but still). :lol I'm just at a loss to what the seller was thinking with that auction description and thinking the buyer wouldn't notice :dunno

Not entirely sure what to do as its very clearly "not as described." I'd have been OK with missing extra wrist pegs and some bits of packaging (I'm not OCD like some here), but the smoke smell isn't forgivable. That stuff destroys collectibles (and lungs) and was clearly advertised as not being present.

Sometimes its just best to avoid people that can't afford this hobby/life style. Maybe that bidder should just save that 2 months of money and then buy the item then from someone else? :slap

On the other end of the spectrum, I bought a figure on ebay this weekend and it arrived today. In the auction it said it was complete (specifically mentioning the packaging too) and from a smoke free home. What arrives today? A smokey, incomplete box with missing extra wrist pegs (the pegs are minor, but still). :lol I'm just at a loss to what the seller was thinking with that auction description and thinking the buyer wouldn't notice :dunno

Not entirely sure what to do as its very clearly "not as described." I'd have been OK with missing extra wrist pegs and some bits of packaging (I'm not OCD like some here), but the smoke smell isn't forgivable. That stuff destroys collectibles (and lungs) and was clearly advertised as not being present.

I had the same problem with cigarette smoke on something. I asked specifically before I won if it was from a smoke free environment and the seller said yes. When I got it it absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke. I tried for full refund but I got no help from ebay. That was years ago.

Well, heres a new one i just encountered.
I had a small mini bust for sale for the past 10 days.
Then a few hours before the end of the auction i get a message from someone asking for free shipping!
I replied and said no cannot give free shipping becuase after ebay and paypal fees, i might as well be giving it away.
So what does this buyer do?
Buys the item.... and enters free shipping in the notes.
What nerve!!!! :mad:
So all of a sudden its a free for all and they can do anything they want?? :gah:
I have sent an invoice with correct shipping amount :thwak

I've gotten people who win my auctions and then never respond to messages and don't pay. Why bid if you have no intention to buy?? It's frustrating.

Back