eBay buyers - idiots?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other thing that really upset me happened a few weeks ago. I was able to win an auction for a Hot Toys DX02 Batman TDK figure for $230. For what they were going for in other auctions, that was a steal! I paid the guy, he said he'd ship in about one week. Kind of long, but okay. One week passes, no notifications, so I message him asking about it. Without any type of response, he refunds my money with a note claiming item was damaged during handling.

Wow, red flags go up. But it does go up. I go to check his feedback, which was 100% when I ordered. Turns out that within that week of waiting, he received a 3 negative feedback ratings for the same thing; refusing to ship and refunding without explanation. I checked the other auctions that had bad feedback given, and they were also auctions that had ended at low prices. Really shady. I messaged him letting him know that what he did in his last four auctions was very unprofessional. He messaged me back claiming it's not his fault, he's a deployed soldier in Afghanistan and his wife is handling the auctions. Nice story, except I was a soldier too, and that's no excuse. I can understand one item, but three other ones in quick succession? All with low selling prices? I hate when fellow vets will use their service as an excuse for bad behavior. It makes us all look bad. :pfft:

there is something that I thought was kinda stupid, not a big deal or anything but still,
the game The Matrix Online was discontinued August 1, 2009,
the game was over,
yet you go over to Ebay, and you see this:
M5mGD.png

I am pretty sure no one will buy it,
but still, a bunch of listings for this game show up all the time

there is something that I thought was kinda stupid, not a big deal or anything but still,
the game The Matrix Online was discontinued August 1, 2009,
the game was over,
yet you go over to Ebay, and you see this:
M5mGD.png

I am pretty sure no one will buy it,
but still, a bunch of listings for this game show up all the time

Haha...it'd be interesting to sort the search by completed listings and see if anyone was foolish enough to buy one.

I check from time to time, and this whole year, there is always people selling this game, it makes me wonder what else people sell that was closed or discontinued,

Quick question for all u ebay sellers. Had a person win an auction of mine and didnt pay or return emails i sent them. Buyer finally emails me and says I can relist it he/she is broke. Question is should I file a "non paying" case? I assume I will get charged listing fees since the auction went through. I have already relisted and sold the item, so getting money from him is not my concern. I just dont want to ruin my feedback or get charged for that auction. Thanks

Quick question for all u ebay sellers. Had a person win an auction of mine and didnt pay or return emails i sent them. Buyer finally emails me and says I can relist it he/she is broke. Question is should I file a "non paying" case? I assume I will get charged listing fees since the auction went through. I have already relisted and sold the item, so getting money from him is not my concern. I just dont want to ruin my feedback or get charged for that auction. Thanks

You can either file a "non-paying bidder" case, or you can cancel the transaction. That way, you can get your final value fee credited back to your account.

I'd do the Non-paying Bidder Alert. Either way you get your fees refunded, but that idiot should've have bit knowing they were broke and no NPBA will just encourage them to do it again. :monkey1

You can either file a "non-paying bidder" case, or you can cancel the transaction. That way, you can get your final value fee credited back to your account.

So I can cancel the transaction and avoid the fees?. How do I go about doing this? Would rather not have to file a claim but wanna cover my butt. thanks

So I can cancel the transaction and avoid the fees?. How do I go about doing this? Would rather not have to file a claim but wanna cover my butt. thanks

Next to your item listing, click on "more actions". You'll get a drop down menu and there should be an option to cancel the transaction (it might say resolve problem). The buyer has to agree, but I'm sure he will if he already asked you to cancel the transaction. Just let him know you're going to cancel the transaction and that he needs to accept the cancellation.

I've gotten people who win my auctions and then never respond to messages and don't pay. Why bid if you have no intention to buy?? It's frustrating.

Sometimes, from what I've read. You'll get scum that just want the email associated with the account.

Thought i'd share this.

I've got an item up for auction, no reserve starting at £180

A guy messages me offering £200 buy it now.

I replied, "i don't have a buy it now option, you can bid that amount if you wish"

He replied, "I placed a maximum bid of £200 i think you can assign me the listing now"

:slap :slap :lol :lol

Thought i'd share this.

I've got an item up for auction, no reserve starting at £180

A guy messages me offering £200 buy it now.

I replied, "i don't have a buy it now option, you can bid that amount if you wish"

He replied, "I placed a maximum bid of £200 i think you can assign me the listing now"

:slap :slap :lol :lol

Your response was unclear. It suggests the possibility that you would end the auction after he bids 200 and then you would sell it to him for that. You should have said that you will let the auction take it's course, and that he can bid 200 if he likes and try his luck.

Your response was unclear. It suggests the possibility that you would end the auction after he bids 200 and then you would sell it to him for that. You should have said that you will let the auction take it's course, and that he can bid 200 if he likes and try his luck.

:lecture:lecture:lecture That's what I got from it too. If I was the bidder, I'd forward the item number to ebay with a fraud complaint. :lol

I understood what he meant as well. However, most people lack reading comprehension, so it's always best to spell everything out for people on eBay.

I got from it exactly what he said. "Bid whatever you like. I'm not offering the option for you to buy it now."

I think what he said could have been taken either way. It was essentially a non-answer. He should have said, "No, I will not end the auction early."
He also could have said "no" for short.

Back