eBay Auction Tracking System for Sideshow*Weta Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Back Online

yahweh70 --

Sorry, I don't get it. Can you say it another way?

:dunno

Re: in-box

To fill in those who wondered what i was referring to.

On another thread, there was talk of an Ebay auction where a guy is selling a Balrog, or at least it appears to be a Balrog statue, it's described as a Balrog statue, it apparently will be 'very valuable', like a Balrog statue. Only problem is, it isn't a balrog statue, it's an even rarer, more valuable artifact. A Balrog statue Packing Case!

Yes, a Packing Case, as described by our German friend, 'Balrog in Box'. Because Balrog in Box apparently means, to our German 'friend', the OUTER case from a Balrog.

Re: in-box

WOW:jaw

Keep your wits about you shoppers!

A great service this board can provide is a running discussion of problem sellers & common scams.

UPDATES & NEWS

Hi All :p

I've been hard at work on the site lately. A lot is behind the scenes, both streamlining the maintenance operations and laying groundwork for some major 'expansion' which I'll keep under wraps for a while yet. :naughty

BUT ...

There are several smaller updates and upgrades which I did want to mention.

First, I felt there were now enough environments (and hopefully more to come) to justify a separate category. DVD special edition packages are still in 'miscellaneous'. These are quite difficult to track accurately as they ship both with and without the discs included. The Wiki crown has joined the helms category where it belongs.

Next, if you look at the lower right of each page within the footers, the net number of tracked auctions is now listed. We're well over 16,000 and counting!! :dance

The Currency Conversion for non US-Dollar listings now automatically updates with the latest rates once per evening.

The stock status icon of each item is also downloaded direct from Sideshow nightly. I've been doing this for a while, but with the recent trend of previously sold-out items to occasionally pop back up for sale, this can be a quick way to get the news early.

Finally, something new I'm fairly proud of:
By the nature of the way I calculate 'value', there is some inertia built in. Although newer auctions are favored, a long history of trading will also greatly influence the stated appraisal. This is why the 'last fifteen days' and 'last 5 auctions' price averages are also provided on the details page. The new feature is a set of 'stock market' arrow icons appearing on the main page which let you see at a glance how recent sales trends compare to the long term record of every item. (Appreciating, Appreciating Rapidly, Stable, Depreciating and Depreciating Rapidly) :banana

Hope you Enjoy,
I'll post as events procede with the larger developments hinted at above.

the SpaceMan

Re: re

Thanks quarr & WS!! :wave

:carrot :elef :carrot :elef :carrot

Good NEWS! I'm *FINALLY* operating at full speed with both addresses! Thanks for the patience. You can now access the auction value tracker at your choice of address:

www.perspectivevirtual.com OR
www.toytracker.net

These are FULLY interchangeable and your collection manager accounts exist and are updated at BOTH address. It's just like two doors to the same house.

ENJOY!
the SpaceMan :dance

I think there is a small mistake with the Galadriel statue... ;)

Great site :bow

:toast

thanks Robenim - I'll get it ...

Now some of the news I've been hinting at for a while ;)

I've been quietly laying the groundwork during the last couple months for a major expansion at the site.

I'm pleased to announce that 'Phase I' has *just* been finished and is finally open for business! Follow this link:
www.toytracker.net/sideshow/
to track and manage selected non-Rings items from the general Sideshow catalog including Bond, Simpsons, Muppets, Trek, Planet of the Apes and assorted Sci-Fi.

Your existing collection manager account will offer full access to the new areas. To find the new area in the future, just trade the word 'weta' for 'sideshow', or click the "Home" button for a list of active site regions.

It's a great week for collectors all around, and I'm glad to have a little something new to show as well. Hope you all enjoy!

the SpaceMan

Spaceman, I 've been trying to contact you but it looks like your perspectivevirtual webmail is down.
Do you have another email ?

New Tracking

Hey All,

After wrapping up graduation and my former job, and starting to get settled into a new one, I've FINALLY had a chance to make some LONG anticipated upgrades to the site! The master replicas section now has .45 mini-sabers included, as well as helmets and ships, plus the Star Trek merchandise. The Gentle-Giant SW bust area is also brand new. I have a list of great new features on the burner as well, and hope to announce soon.

Enjoy!
the SpaceMan :cool:

Hey to all, and a little update/news.

The Sideshow Collectibles area has had a huge update, with over 150 new items added since toyfair, and the number of sorted auctions doubled. Some are entirely new product lines such as Buffy and Monty Python, while existing tracked lines such as Marvel, StarWars and LOTR 12"/PF have been expanded. Also, I am trying to distinguish effectively between exclusive and retail versions wherever applicable. One of the tougher tasks is splitting the two Sideshow LOTR lines apart from each other and the related Weta sculpts. I hope for some improvements there with experience.

Most of my time programming lately has been of the behind-the-scenes variety, including a complete overhaul of my data storage facilities. This necessary groundwork will help ensure continued fast, reliable operation, as I aquire larger volumes of data. It also sets the stage for an exciting new coming feature - Real time auction sorting error reporting and repair available to registered users. I'm really excited about the prospects that will open up, including increased accuracy and user confidence in the stated valuations.

Happy Collecting!
the SpaceMan :cool:

I also meant to say -- For fellow fans of Gentle Giant's work, the Starwars area is up-to-date again, and I have added Potter, Matrix and Terminator. ;)

Some very nice additions spaceman! I have been waiting for more of the Sideshow lines to turn up! Now where are the Universal/Classic monster 12" figures? Can't wait for the new features to premiere! Two BIG thumbs up! :lol

Back