eBay Auction Tracking System for Sideshow*Weta Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cave Troll Hammer Giveaway!!

Hi All,

I was eager to see more site vistors start utilizing the new Collection Management System at: www.perspectivevirtual.co...anagement/ to track their own pieces. So -- I decided a little incentive might be in order! Two weeks from now one random user with an active Collection Manager account will be selected to receive a free Cave Troll Hammer! This is mint-in-box. All users hoping to participate in this giveaway must have their accounts activated by 12:00 midnight Central U.S., Sunday, August the 8th. International shipping is included. Notification will be by email. More details are available on my news page: www.perspectivevirtual.com/weta/news/ . With permission, the winner's name will be posted there a couple days after.

Good Luck!
the SpaceMan

Re: Cave Troll Hammer Giveaway!!

Sounds great ! I'm in. But I'm having some troubles activating my account, sent you an e-mail.

Enjoy!

Naugladur,
Thanks and you're welcome! Enjoy! :wave

Rodlonghi,
I had seen your account waiting to be activated a couple days back. Since we had communicated previously, I went ahead to enable it for you. I sent a note but I guess our messages got crossed! :D You should be all ready to go with the selected username/password.

take care,
the SpaceMan

Re: Enjoy!

I really like what I've seen thus far but there are a few suggestions. All the keep, sell, etc. Things are a little confusing. Most of them make sense, but is there a legend anywhere? Also, I can't remember which option it is but I think one appears twice.

The other main thing has to do with the fact that not everyone paid retail for all of their pieces. I personally paid below retail, and not in U.S.D. I don't think you should worry about adding support for different currencies, but if you could allow us to enter 'custom' prices that would be great.

Keep up the great work. Sorry if all of this is possible but I just missed it.

Re: Enjoy!

but if you could allow us to enter 'custom' prices that would be great.

Agreed on goball`s comment,I only started collecting this year so have been paying over the odds for some pieces!

Keep the good work up,Brilliant BTW:toast

Cheers

Thanks!

Dassy & Gooball --
Thanks for the comments! You're welcome & I hope you continue to Enjoy!!

The upgrade you mention (custom buy/sell prices) is already planned, but I can't give a timetable just yet. Too much else that needs attending to!:b

I concede a bit more documentation might be needed. You are right that the category 'Order' is listed twice. I intended this a differentiation between items on order to keep vs on order as investments. The white bg categories are 'keepers' and the gold are 'sellers'. The closest thing to a legend currently available is on the main entry page:
www.perspectivevirtual.co...anagement/

I needed extremely concise category names since they are repeated many times. But, in the collection viewer,
www.perspectivevirtual.co...ction.html (password required), the titles are a bit more verbose & descriptive.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming!

the SpaceMan

Re: Thanks!

Hi Spaceman,

I signed up to the Register yesterday a.m (UK time). I've not received a confirmation email yet. Can u pls help me out??

Ta loads,

Rob

email

Hi TolkienCollector,

Rod's advice is on target. I saw your account sitting unactivated. If you'll please send this request by email I'll be happy to turn it on for you. The reason for the email-activation step is to verify that I have a good address on file. It is needed for the 'request new password' feature, for contact in case you win the current giveaway, and possibly for other new site features in the future. :)

thanks!
the SpaceMan

ps -- keep your eyes open for another upgrade coming soon! ;)

ebay tracking

This is awesome, thanks!

"Short guy. Bad attitude. Likes his treasure. Your treasure too."

New Upgrades!!

Hi Everyone (Esp. Craig!),

I surprised myself this week by preparing a much-requested new feature earlier than I originally planned. After several days of work, I'm really pleased with the results. The Collection Manager system now permits an even greater level of personalization by allowing you to submit custom buy/sell prices for each item being tracked! Detailed instructions are still forthcoming, but here's the quick rundown:

First visit the 'Manage Collection' page at www.perspectivevirtual.co...anage.html to select the numbers of each piece which are: a) in hand to keep b) on order to keep c) on your wish list d) available for sale/trade e) on order to sell f) sold.

Second, visit the new 'Set Prices' page: www.perspectivevirtual.co...rices.html to enter your custom buy/sell prices. Just type your new values right on top of the old ones. (These may not look like form elements, but they are!) There are checkboxes labeled 'MSRP' and 'VALUE' on each item which will restore the default prices. You can also conveniently change the category assignments on a per item basis using this page (for example, if a pre-order becomes in-stock, or if 'for sale' changes to 'sold'). There are a few 'common-sense' rules like: no custom sale prices for the 'to keep' categories; a maximum of 3 identical pieces can be placed into each category (just as on the first page). JavaScript prompting will warn and correct bad input along the way.

I hope it's fairly straight-forward to use. Please let me know what you think, and send along any suggestions. If you haven't registered yet, please visit www.perspectivevirtual.co...anagement/ . Don't forget there's just about 1 week left to get in on the Cave Troll Hammer Giveaway.

Also in the pipeline for a later debut is a 'collection summary' page, which combines the data from each of the current six categories.

Enjoy!!
the SpaceMan :wave

ps - Thanks Naugladur!

Last Chance!

I wanted to post a quick reminder that there's just a couple days left to register for the Cave Troll Hammer giveaway. I'm really pleased with the current version of the Collection Manager, and I hope that several new users will take this chance to check it out. After registration you'll be able to easily categorize the items in your own collection and compare the total current value (and/or any resale profits) to the actual prices you paid.

www.perspectivevirtual.co...anagement/

the SpaceMan :wave

Congratulations!!

Hi All,

A winner of the Cave Troll Hammer giveaway has been randomly selected from the current list of registered users at the site's collection manager system. I've notified this person by email. I plan to post their name to the news section once I hear back from them with permission.
www.perspectivevirtual.com/weta/news/
Congratulations to the lucky winner! :wave

the SpaceMan

Data Collection is Back Up

Hi All,

Some may have noticed new tracking data was not added to the system for the last few days. This was again due to changes within eBay's internals. Thankfully, the alterations were not nearly so severe as those made last time, and my system was cleanly upgraded with a minimum of hassle. No data was ultimately lost, but only delayed in the reporting. :dance

thanks and Happy Collecting,
the SpaceMan

PS - A big congrats to our own RodLonghi, winner of the recent Cave Troll Hammer giveaway!! :rock

Re: Data Collection is Back Up

I would like to thank spaceman for sending the CT HAmmer prize I've won in his contests really fast. He has even paid the shiping all the way to Brazil. Spaceman rocks! :rock

I'm a great fan of his work !!! Keep it up and Thanks a lot !!

You're Welcome

Hey RodLonghi, :wave

You're very welcome, and congrats again!

And thanks to all the visitors who have helped the site come this far! My web counter (I try to count users once per day max) has passed the 7,000 mark, and I'm planning another prize giveaway to the 10,000th visitor. I think it will be the comic-con Smeagol bust this time. More details will be following.

It should be an interesting few months as the EE of ROTK comes out, and possibly some new product announcements from Sideshow?? :dunno

It will be interesting to see if the collectible market spikes with the holidays, and the Minas Tirith environment coming. It was around that time a year ago that things really started to escalate fast in terms of interest and resale value. (Of course we're not getting a new film this year though :\ )

Also, I wanted to post a notice that eBay has made another round of changes to their web content and the site is again temporarily broken :doh
I've been pretty tied up with school lately, but I'll try to have things running again by next week sometime. As before, no data should be lost, but only delayed.

happy Collecting!
the SpaceMan

www.perspectivevirtual.com/weta

Re: You're Welcome

Might I be a bit cheeky and suggest a new section on the EBAY Tracking site..

How much are the 'in-boxes' going for? ROTFLMAO!

Back Online

Hey All,

The Auction Tracker was down recently. This was because of more internal tinkering over at eBay. I wanted to let you know it's back up and fully functional, and most of the delayed data has been recovered. Unfortunately, a few days were permanently lost though.

Also, I'm running another contest, giving away one of the Smeagol Comic-Con Busts this time. Check out my news page for the full details. :)

www.perspectivevirtual.com/weta/news/

the SpaceMan

Back