EBAY advice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea i got an "e-mail" from paypal on my personal email saying on i got a refund but it doesnt show in my account yet...the email doesnt have any paypal graphics on it...is it bogus...am I being paranoid?

Leave it open :lecture

What happens it, when a claim is activated the funds are seized in the sellers paypal account. So he's had his 'assets' frozen so to speak but they don't refund you immediately until they investigate which usually means you returning the items (with tracking) and then they refund you into your paypal account.

Do not close the Claim cos you cannot re-open it !!!

Do not worry about about someone elses rep, just cos he's pleading with you. You need to cover yourself and make sure you get your money back. His reputation is his problem.
Hope this helps

x :peace

Shell's correct. :wave

Unless the seller holds to his word about sending you a prepaid shipping label you might have to return the statue on your dime.

Be sure to use signature confirmation if/when you are asked to return the itme to the seller.

yea i got an "e-mail" from paypal on my personal email saying on i got a refund but it doesnt show in my account yet...the email doesnt have any paypal graphics on it...is it bogus...am I being paranoid?

I'm sure their email would have a logo in it, but I don't know for certain.

Somethings weird if he is telling you to throw it away, not asking for any proof you got rid of it or sent it back and just giving you the $ back. Wait until the money is in your account then get it out as fast as you can.

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

The guy has over 1000 feedback score at 100%. I can see why he doesn't want to get burned.

I don't think this guy is out to just scam you and you only.

I saw that earlier. The guy has excellent FB and is freaking out for no reason, IMO.

Somethings weird if he is telling you to throw it away, not asking for any proof you got rid of it or sent it back and just giving you the $ back. Wait until the money is in your account then get it out as fast as you can.

That's what I thought. :confused:

well i called paypal they said it is a valid refund...so should I still wait to take off claim? could he re-neg on a refund???

Just know this. When you open a claim on him, he can no longer use PP from any of his other customer's because you've essentially put his account on hold. So as long as you keep the claim open, he can't do business with anyone else.

I'm just saying. It's happened to me from a paranoid buyer right as I had a bunch of auctions that were ending. Other buyers couldn't pay me through paypal on auctions they had won and wanted ship ASAP because of the PP claim. It was a real PitA.

So its up to you. I don't think the seller is the one being paranoid in this instance.

I swear that's how PP makes some of their obscene profit. By holding onto it for 3-5 days, all while accrueing interest, until someone finally pushes the button on the fifth day to release the funds.

It's the same thing banks do with online bill pay. You pay the bill online, but they don't send the funds out for 2-3 days later, so they can make money on the interest.

I going with darth snoopy, no sense in sticking my neck out for this guy. Ill wait till I see my money in my account.

That's the best bet. Protect yourself first. :lecture

After looking at the seller's auction, he should have taken actual pics of the PF instead of using stock photos from SSC.

He also should have inspected the statue better before using the words "Mint in the box".

Just know this. When you open a claim on him, he can no longer use PP from any of his other customer's because you've essentially put his account on hold. So as long as you keep the claim open, he can't do business with anyone else.

I'm just saying. It's happened to me from a paranoid buyer right as I had a bunch of auctions that were ending. Other buyers couldn't pay me through paypal on auctions they had won and wanted ship ASAP because of the PP claim. It was a real PitA.

So its up to you. I don't think the seller is the one being paranoid in this instance.

correct. I know paypal puts the account on hold and he cant receive or send any funds until that claim for the amount is paid back to paypal. since you opened it will take awhile for everything to close thus hurting his auctions.

I swear that's how PP makes some of their obscene profit. By holding onto it for 3-5 days, all while accrueing interest, until someone finally pushes the button on the fifth day to release the funds.

It's the same thing banks do with online bill pay. You pay the bill online, but they don't send the funds out for 2-3 days later, so they can make money on the interest.

Exactly. Sad thing is, they're a necessary evil. :banghead

its up too you, but you called paypal and they said he sent the refund. just because it takes them 3-5 days to clear doesnt mean you should hurt this guys business...he did refund it, maybe he told you to keep the statue because its not worth his time to wait on you shipping it back to him. he refund. u keep the statue. everything should be settled within a day or so....done deal. now he has to wait another 3-5 days because of a paranoid customer, im pretty sure he would of had you shipped the statue back if that were the case.

its up too you, but you called paypal and they said he sent the refund. just because it takes them 3-5 days to clear doesnt mean you should hurt this guys business...he did refund it, maybe he told you to keep the statue because its not worth his time to wait on you shipping it back to him. he refund. u keep the statue. everything should be settled within a day or so....done deal. now he has to wait another 3-5 days because of a paranoid customer, im pretty sure he would of had you shipped the statue back if that were the case.

CC doesn't know this guy from Adam and as a buyer he has to protect himself in case any other problems arise...calling him a "paranoid customer" is uncalled for. Not cool. :nono

Last edited:
Back