EBAY advice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im just saying...he already called paypal and they said the refund was processed, not like he can "unprocess" it....and on top of that he said just to keep the statue. don't really see a reason for the seller to wait another week when everything was done on his end, and all hes asking is for him to close it ASAP for him. All the buyer has to do now is just close the case.

I just get a headache whenever these situations happen to me...im a paypal verified business member with over 100+ verified transactions, and lets say I send a payment to someone for something...everything is already clear and done in my end. YET they want me to wait another 5-7 business days for funds to transfer from paypal to there bank account. its like, you already KNOW its taken care of so why make the other person wait another week, not like i can "unsend" the payment after you ship it. same goes the other way around.

Yes I guess I am paranoid of a seller telling me something is mint in box when someone glued parts of the piece back on....:cuckoo: he must have missed it...

If that happened to me I would open a claim and leave negative feedback after I got my money back. This guy wants to be a Top rated seller but he describes an item as mint after a piece was broken off? I don't think so. Make this guy pay for lying and wasting your time.

Unless I missed something, you don't know that the seller is lying. If a person is selling a lot, and doesn't have a real interest in the items they're selling (that is, doesn't get excited by and wants to marvel over the items in every minute detail, etc), I think it's understandable how they can miss a repair on a broken finger and things like that. I presume it's not clear where the seller is getting the items from but they could've been sold to them as new, like inventory from a shop that closed down, etc, and the seller probably found no reason to question this. There seems to me many reasonable and understandable possibilities like this.

If the seller is helping you, doing what they can to resolve the problem, doesn't have a history of problems/negative feedback and on top of that you can't be sure they were purposely being deceptive, I would leave positive feedback or just no feedback at all. Crap happens every now and then, things unintended, and from the sounds of things this seller is doing the right thing and trying to resolve the situation to your benefit and so I don't see why you would want to come back and poop on that.

well said. :clap :clap :clap

I don't think anyone is faulting canolicrusader for getting a damaged product, but mistakes and accidents DO happen, and unfortunately on eBay, the seller is the one that usually takes it up the rear pretty hard.

In this case, not only is the seller basically losing an item of his shop for no profit and 100% loss by offering a complete refund but now he is also negatively affected because his PP account is shut off until this one incident is completely resolved, hurting present and future business.

Edit: There certainly are malicious sellers on eBay that will try and pawn their junk off on unsuspecting buyers, no doubt, I'm just not convinced this seller was one of those pricks.

Last edited:
In over 10 years on Ebay I've only left negatives for 2 people. Accidents happen.
Unfortunately Ebay cripples the seller now by not allowing negative buyer feedback. I've had two buyers attempt to blackmail me in the last year by claiming items were broken (but refusing to return them).
A bit off topic, apologies to the original poster, and I hope everything works out. The seller is at fault for listing the item as "mint" if it's been repaired but all things considered I doubt it was malicious.
Always put yourself in the other persons position for a minute. Chances are you may end up there someday.
:duff

Unless I missed something, you don't know that the seller is lying. If a person is selling a lot, and doesn't have a real interest in the items they're selling (that is, doesn't get excited by and wants to marvel over the items in every minute detail, etc), I think it's understandable how they can miss a repair on a broken finger and things like that. I presume it's not clear where the seller is getting the items from but they could've been sold to them as new, like inventory from a shop that closed down, etc, and the seller probably found no reason to question this. There seems to me many reasonable and understandable possibilities like this.

A good seller will inspect everything they sell, especially if it is used, thoroughly. It's to their benefit.

If the seller is helping you, doing what they can to resolve the problem, doesn't have a history of problems/negative feedback and on top of that you can't be sure they were purposely being deceptive, I would leave positive feedback or just no feedback at all. Crap happens every now and then, things unintended, and from the sounds of things this seller is doing the right thing and trying to resolve the situation to your benefit and so I don't see why you would want to come back and poop on that.

Unless I missed it...Canoli didn't say he was. All he wants is his money back and he's waiting to see it posted to his account.

Only one person here, and correct me if I'm wrong, has said if it happened to them that they would post negative FB for the seller.

If it was me I wouldn't post any FB.

I don't think the seller was being malicious either...I do think he was being lazy and not checking his items for sale.

The seller said he'll file a Fed-Ex insurance claim. So he's still going to get paid. That's why he told the buyer he can just throw it away. However, is that wise? Wouldn't Fed-Ex require the item to be sent to them to view the damage?

The seller said he'll file a Fed-Ex insurance claim. So he's still going to get paid. That's why he told the buyer he can just throw it away. However, is that wise? Wouldn't Fed-Ex require the item to be sent to them to view the damage?

Hmmm...I think you're right. I've never used Fed-Ex so I really don't know. :dunno

That's the one thing that sounded fishy in this story, the seller asking the buyer to "throw the item away." Because anytime you file an insurance claim, you either have to forfeit the item, or if not, take pics of the damage to get a partial refund. Just because you have insurance doesn't mean you'll get 100% of the selling price back.

Regardless, at this point, I think we're all :horse

I agree with what most have said (Hi Snoop :wave)

It's unfortunate that this has happened but accidents do happen and it seems like this was such an occasion. However, just because this happened doesn't mean you should close the claim early, after all it's not you that is witholding the refund, it is paypal.
You have not received the refund of your money, therefore you shouldn't close the claim until you do (imo). It is a shame that Paypal take so long but that's their procedure, not yours. It's not as if you are holding him to ransom, you're just waiting for your money which is all anyone can do in this situation.

As for feedback. He seems to be trying all he can do to help. I do agree the 'throw it away' comment seems a little ludicrous and strange but since he has helped and been forthcoming I wouldn't give him a Neg.

I went through a similar situation a few months back but the guy was being a complete tool so he got a Neutral. I rarely issue Neg feedback, they have to be shockingly bad for me to do that.

Mistakes/accidents happen and this guy doesn't seem to be a repeat offender cos he looks to have really good feedback up until now so I would show a little lenience with the feedback, but that's just me.
x :wave

Just so everyone is on the same page, i dont have any intention of giving this seller bad rep...hell...if everything goes through smoothly (money returned) i might even give him positive feedback. Its not my goal in life to punish this guy. I just dont want to be out my money. Im a careful guy by nature so if that means waiting till the finds show up in my account then so be it, I hate to hurt someones business but sometimes you gotta look out for "numero uno"

The payment shows as refunded on my ebay account...the little dollar sign logo has changed safe to say everything is on the up and up?

The payment shows as refunded on my ebay account...the little dollar sign logo has changed safe to say everything is on the up and up?
seems like it, nice one :rock

Just check in the 'details', the transaction should be showing as pending/refunded or completed (if I remember correctly :lol).
If it is completed on the refund then you are good to go, get it withdrawn into your bank account.
Congrats, it went through quicker than expected :clap.
x :peace

What happened to you has also happened to me and on ALL THREE OCCASSIONS, the seller took off with both the returned product AND the money. I then had to ask my credit card compnay to chase down my money, which they did. Of course, I never got the money I had to pay out of my own pocket to ship the seller's (damaged, repainted, though described as mint and undisplayed) statue back.

As a general rule, once you catch the seller in a lie, especially one they do not even bother trying to deny, you pretty much stop listeing to what they have to say and open the claim. If this seller's rating is that important to him, he shouldn't have tried to sell you a glued product.

thats exactly what I was afraid of risingstar, im sorry that happened to you no one but three times! arrrgh thats infuriating!:(

Back